PS4 - AOR F2 Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix [09/07/2017] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F2 Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix [09/07/2017]

Jonas-NHK

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 3, 2016
Holy sh**. Someone's got MAJOR lag there.
I'd be fuming right now - and also prob collected in that incident basis where I would likely have been starting.
I think @Klayyyyyy spun in to the pit lane and teleported out on the track.
[DOUBLEPOST=1499630614][/DOUBLEPOST]@Klayyyyyy could you post some footage on your race start.

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Had front wing damage the entire race after the VSC. Don't think it was my fault either so it's another depressing end to a fantastic race. Congrats though @Rc SamBastos14, great job. Had fun battling @mazais5727 and @Klayyyyyy whilst I was limping too.

Reactions: RC Sam14

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
I think @Klayyyyyy spun in to the pit lane and teleported out on the track.
[DOUBLEPOST=1499630614][/DOUBLEPOST]@Klayyyyyy could you post some footage on your race start.
Yeah just uploading it (y) I hit Demon's sidepod and spun towards the pitlane exit, next thing I know I'm in the middle of the track with cars everywhere, I was ghosted though so I don't know why my car took you out :( I didn't feel a hit or get any damage.

TheogGR1

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 12, 2015
Good race for me. Avoided the chaos at the start and was in 3rd after the SC restart. Fought for 1st but after a few laps I was in 2nd a few seconds behind 1st. A lot of drivers were trying to do a very long 2nd stint on the mediums but I saw no point in doing it as my softs were in great condition.

Pitted on lap 11 and came out behind @Ollie_D631. I catched him after a few laps and after that we were swapping positions every lap at the kemmel straight. I think we were slowing each other down a bit but the 2 cars in front were even slower on their very old mediums. On the last lap I passed @Ollie_D631 on the kemmel straight and I also passed @DemoN F1 right after turn 16. At one point it looked like we were going three wide in to blanchimont but @DemoN F1 backed out and @Ollie_D631 went wide.

So 3rd in the end. Happy with a podium on my last league race on F1 2016 :) Hope to see you all on F1 2017!

Guiggs

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 11, 2016
I could have finished second but I was given the soft for the second time .. pfffff No motivation now
GG Sam !

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
In qualy I set a great banker with a 45.8, but bottled my last lap at Pouhon so 3rd and last of the SS guys was all I could do, pole was on the cards given the lap I did with no track evolution.
I got a great start but had no room to pass at T1, I ran slightly wide and into Demon's sidepod, spinning me into the pit exit, next thing I knew I was teleported to the racing line with cars everywhere, I was last so I pitted under SC and decided to try and go to the end as did Demon on mediums. Eventually we were top 3 with Mazias, I held back which in hindsight was a bad move as I didn't realize Demon had damage, I got past both of them but had a bad lap so Demon got me back, Mazias pitted but Sam got us both on newer tyres and pulled away with 2 laps left, I tapped Demon and somehow lost half my wing from it, but I still got him on the last lap for 2nd, a great result, but at the same time I felt a win was on if I got past Demon sooner. Congrats to Sam though and the new guy for the pole :)

Last edited:

Ollie_D631

S14 AOR PS4 F1 Champion
Apr 1, 2016
Terrible race for me. Had great practice pace. Qualifying wasnt too bad on softs but could have been better. The 1 stop was the plan. Got caught in a crash at the start which meant i had small front wing damage and terrible understeer. I requested to have a front wing change yet this did not happen :-/. I had a good fight with @TheogGR1 and gg @Rc SamBastos14 . 5th place is decent points for the championship but it could have been so much better.
[DOUBLEPOST=1499634465][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, i dont stream anymore unfortunately.

Reactions: TheogGR1

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
It's pretty tough to take that it isn't quite coming together for me at the minute, but I think everyone can see just how unlucky I am.

Thought I drove a brilliant race all things considered, and it's just a shame that the damage impacted my pace and tyre wear so much, other wise I think the win was a very realistic opportunity.

It is what it is though. I had a great time in this race, and enjoyed every minute of being out in front for once even if it was a bit of a struggle staying there. Maybe one day my time will come :D

Klayyyyyy

F1 Champion
Dec 20, 2016
It's pretty tough to take that it isn't quite coming together for me at the minute, but I think everyone can see just how unlucky I am.

Thought I drove a brilliant race all things considered, and it's just a shame that the damage impacted my pace and tyre wear so much, other wise I think the win was a very realistic opportunity.

It is what it is though. I had a great time in this race, and enjoyed every minute of being out in front for once even if it was a bit of a struggle staying there. Maybe one day my time will come :D
One of us definitely would have won without that damage, still a fun battle though :D

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
One of us definitely would have won without that damage, still a fun battle though :D
Yeah I didn't realise that my tyre wear was that bad and those three would catch us up. Wasn't a minute I was letting someone on the same strategy take a win off me even with damage :p

Jeyk

Formula Karter
Jun 24, 2017

Qualifying went very well for me with a 1.45.5 it was enough for getting pole position a few tenths were still on the table but I was happy with that. I was feeling really good as I knew I had good race pace as well and also after the start I didn't get into the chaos at turn 1. After that I pretty much destroyed my whole race with dumb decisions and sleeping for a moment when the SC was out. First I decided for some reason while I was leading to pit in the lap before the SC went in and went from SS to S. My initial plan was the 1 stop going from SS to medium compound but at the time I thought maybe a 2 stop SS -> S -> S would be better. As I came out of my first stop in last position I wanted to keep it close to @bor44 but with a combination of being to incautious and a surprising lag or brake from him I ran into the back of him damaging my front wing - with orange damage I drove quit a few laps on the Soft compound keeping up to the field and also gaining a few places up to P8 I think. As the damage nevertheless cost me a lot of time I decided to pit again earlier as planned at the end of lap 8 and did my last stop going to medium compound. With that I drove quite well until the end which got me up from P12 to P6 in the end only 7 secs from P1. I think a few more laps would have got me at least a podium as I was 3 secs off to P3 finally. Good Job to @Rc SamBastos14 congrats! Without the issues I had I think I could have fought for the win. P6 is ok for my first league race but nevertheless I am a bit dissapointed concerning how the race went in the end. Had great fun in my first race though.(y)

SC incident at 43:20

Last edited:

DemoN

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
You've probably mentioned it at some point and I've forgotten, so just to remind me, why again are you missing the rest of the season @TheogGR1? :)