PS4 - AOR F3 Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix - 11/2/18 @ 8PM UK Re-Run | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F3 Round 14 - Singapore Grand Prix - 11/2/18 @ 8PM UK Re-Run

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Weird race for me. Bottled qualifying terribly, which isn't surprising as I turned a whopping 2 laps on this track since the race was postponed.

To make matters worse, someone pushed start WAY too early and I had no chance to do my strategy up or put extra fuel in, so I started on ultrasofts when I didn't really want to.

However, this gave me the opportunity to attack at the start. I made my way up through the top 10 rather quickly and made good use of my tire choice, and I was torn on what I wanted to do for strategy from there. Jeff was chirping in my ear that the rain was 5 minutes away 3 separate times, so I stayed out on the ultra softs. When I saw no raindrops after about 6 laps, I said that Jeff is lying to me and I pit to put the SS on. That lasted about 2 laps until suddenly on my game, the track went from bone dry to complete wet in 1 sector. Apparently for some it was sprinkling for laps but I did not have that on my game. This completely ruined any chance I had of outstrategizing my way to the podium.

Had a pretty boring 2nd half of the race. I picked up a place on both Nexus and Lee when they had their dramas in the changing conditions, and Mazais made me look like a fool in the wet with his #padhacks. But other than that, I did the best I could which was only a 6th place. Picking up 8 positions from the start and keeping all the bits of my car attached was a win for me.

Had an easy podium on the cards today if I had been on the SS at the tires at the start but oh well we move forward. Can we not push go right away on the grid from now on please?

zWoody

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 18, 2014
Also @Veztokh , the PS3 chat is not to be used when the rest of us are racing. Your constant messages in there were EXTREMELY annoying.

Hasnain

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Weird race for me. Bottled qualifying terribly, which isn't surprising as I turned a whopping 2 laps on this track since the race was postponed.

To make matters worse, someone pushed start WAY too early and I had no chance to do my strategy up or put extra fuel in, so I started on ultrasofts when I didn't really want to.

However, this gave me the opportunity to attack at the start. I made my way up through the top 10 rather quickly and made good use of my tire choice, and I was torn on what I wanted to do for strategy from there. Jeff was chirping in my ear that the rain was 5 minutes away 3 separate times, so I stayed out on the ultra softs. When I saw no raindrops after about 6 laps, I said that Jeff is lying to me and I pit to put the SS on. That lasted about 2 laps until suddenly on my game, the track went from bone dry to complete wet in 1 sector. Apparently for some it was sprinkling for laps but I did not have that on my game. This completely ruined any chance I had of outstrategizing my way to the podium.

Had a pretty boring 2nd half of the race. I picked up a place on both Nexus and Lee when they had their dramas in the changing conditions, and Mazais made me look like a fool in the wet with his #padhacks. But other than that, I did the best I could which was only a 6th place. Picking up 8 positions from the start and keeping all the bits of my car attached was a win for me.

Had an easy podium on the cards today if I had been on the SS at the tires at the start but oh well we move forward. Can we not push go right away on the grid from now on please?
I didn't have rain before hand, it literally started as I was going through the second sector split and the track was soaking wet soon after, you can see this slight flash when it starts to rain if you look back at your recording

Hasnain

F1 Multiple Champion
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Race Report:
Qualifying - P12
Race - P3
Qualifying should've gone much better than it actually did, my 2nd and 3rd laps both got invalidated and my 3rd lap was about half a second quicker than my banker which got me 12th on the grid.
Didn't really gain or lose too much on the first lap but importantly kept my nose clean. On lap 4 I didn't get a great exit out of T13 and then I outbroke myself into T14 which allowed @zWoody to get by. On about lap 5 Jeff told me there was going to be rain which came as a surprise to me as I didn't check the forecast before the race and it said that it'd be all dry in qualifying. I considered coming in early to get some fresh tyres in case the rain came but my tyre wear was good enough to take me to around lap 19 so stuck it out on ultras. On lap 14 the rain came when I was going into sector 3, Jeff told me to come in but I didn't think it was wet enough to pit. This turned out to be the wrong decision and I ended up losing about 15-20s just getting the car in on the in lap with a lucky escape going under the grandstand. Nothing really happened in the wet stint @leedamastr missing his braking at T14. I was upto 3rd and was only slowly catching @AshRichardson_F1 who had damage. On lap 23 it was time to come in for dry tyres and I decided to go on supers as I didn't have any fresh ultrasofts left. This also turned out to be a bad decision as my pace was very poor. @mazais5727 caught up in a heartbeat and got me out of the last corner after a bad exit from myself. On lap 30 I went slightly wide at T10 and T12 allowing Ash to close in, I got distracted with his indicator being there and missed my braking into T13. I ended up getting damage and that was me down to 4th. Luckily for me Ash had 3s more penalties than me which meant that I made it onto the podium for the first time this season.
I'd say I was very lucky with the way everything turned out in that race but I was due some luck so I'll take it. Congrats to @oo7_pROF3SSIONAL on his first win this season and to @mazais5727 on the podium

Reactions: AshRichardson_F1