PS4 - AOR F5 Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix [09/07/17 8PM U.K.] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F5 Round 11 - Belgian Grand Prix [09/07/17 8PM U.K.]

SpeedingViper

Pro Karter
May 10, 2017
I nickname myself #BottleViper... already, 2 races 2 poles, definitely had the pace to win but mucked it up in the rain then just bottled it. Still P3 ain't bad

Bzahh

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 21, 2017
Highlights of my race are up, very happy with the qualifying lap giving me P2 for the start, not much happened during the race as I decided to go for a 1 stop while the rest of the field went for a 2 stop, ended up 1 second off finishing 1st in the end!

Well played to @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii for the win again!

[DOUBLEPOST=1499642723][/DOUBLEPOST]
I honestly had no motivation to race this weekend. Had to force myself to even turn my Playstation on. Hopefully can find a way to get the motivation back for the rest of the season.
Looked like a nightmare mate, better luck next time and hope you find the motivation you need!

Last edited:

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
P5 to P8 Not a good result but had a couple of good battles. My qualifying laps weren't great, the one that got me 5th was dodgy in terms of corner cuttting and track extensions, and my last lap I bottled turn 1, and was trying too hard to make up time and went too wide at Pouhon and the lap got invalidated. Had a decent start, almost outbraked myself into turn 1 but made up a place. By lap 3 I was in P2 and seemed to have decent pace on the inters. When the track had dried out I felt that I missed the changeover point by 1 lap but it wasn't too bad cos only lost about 2s probably. After the stop I was chasing Bzahh for the lead and at turn 9 he went wide, I was about to pass him but there was a yellow flag and I sort of panicked and lost control of the car and ended up hitting Decca's left rear as he went past and got spun round. It was completely my fault Decca did nothing wrong. I made a hash of getting the car back on track and by then I was well down the field. For the next few laps I couldn't really get back into a rhythm so decided to pit onto mediums and go to the end. I made up a few place before getting overtaken by racingathome near the end. 6s penalties put me down in 8th.
In terms of where @RacingAtHome finished, he was about 2s ahead of me at the end so should be given 6th place. Finally, congrats on the win @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii

RacingAtHome

AOR PS4 Clio Cup T2 Champion
May 5, 2016
Qualifying was pretty meh. Got about 5th/6th. Can't remember where. Game crashed on formation lap and rejoined at La Source. Wasn't great as had to be very light on the throttle. Very cautious early lap and made contact with @JohnnyR95 causing me to lose my front wing.

When I noticed I had been a lap ahead of everybody, I asked in chat whether this was the case on others' screens hoping for a reply. Thanks to @Hasnain who replied despite it being mid race and was around @CragglesD when he exited the pits so used him as a reference at the start of lap 7 and slowed down until I met back up with him around the top of Radillon on Lap 8.

Caught back up to @CragglesD and passed him on Lap 9 and I then caught up to Sennaboy on Lap 14 where some others had pitted and got me up to 5th at the time and overtook him when he made a mistake at the final chicane before pitting. @SpeedingViper caught me on Lap 17 when I then pitted for Super Softs when I was able to push and came out in 8th. I passed @stevenh7n under DRS into Les Combes on Lap 20 to take 7th. @Durham2712 made a mistake on lap 21 allowing me to gain 6th. Later that lap, I passed @Hasnain with 2 wheels on the grass into Blanchimont.

To clear up the actual positioning, I am unable to see the gap on lap 22 due to the chat but the gap at the end of Lap 21 was 2.259 according to the timing on my screen and @Hasnain as well. My laptime was a 1:51.682 and @Hasnain did a 1:52.809. Difference between those is a 1.127 so I assume the game's timing should have shown a 3.386 so my gap to leader should be 36.605 giving me a correct 6th place.

SpeedingViper

Pro Karter
May 10, 2017
It's funny how on the last lap I was trying to get the engineer to be quiet as he talks too much on the final lap and didn't realise it was engineer quiet for the command, so I just ended up saying shut up Jeff :lol:

• Funny
Reactions: RacingAtHome

JohnnyR95

Formula 3 1st Driver
Mar 13, 2017
It's funny how on the last lap I was trying to get the engineer to be quiet as he talks too much on the final lap and didn't realise it was engineer quiet for the command, so I just ended up saying shut up Jeff :lol:
"Shut Up Jeff" is the command lol. You can say "F**k off Jeff" and he'll listen as well :p

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
P5 to P8 Not a good result but had a couple of good battles. My qualifying laps weren't great, the one that got me 5th was dodgy in terms of corner cuttting and track extensions, and my last lap I bottled turn 1, and was trying too hard to make up time and went too wide at Pouhon and the lap got invalidated. Had a decent start, almost outbraked myself into turn 1 but made up a place. By lap 3 I was in P2 and seemed to have decent pace on the inters. When the track had dried out I felt that I missed the changeover point by 1 lap but it wasn't too bad cos only lost about 2s probably. After the stop I was chasing Bzahh for the lead and at turn 9 he went wide, I was about to pass him but there was a yellow flag and I sort of panicked and lost control of the car and ended up hitting Decca's left rear as he went past and got spun round. It was completely my fault Decca did nothing wrong. I made a hash of getting the car back on track and by then I was well down the field. For the next few laps I couldn't really get back into a rhythm so decided to pit onto mediums and go to the end. I made up a few place before getting overtaken by racingathome near the end. 6s penalties put me down in 8th.
In terms of where @RacingAtHome finished, he was about 2s ahead of me at the end so should be given 6th place. Finally, congrats on the win @ii_Deccaaaaa_ii
@RealJewell766 just seen the standings and saw that @RacingAtHome was given 10th but I think he should be given 6th. Use the end of my race as a reference

Hasnain

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
No worries and thanks for sorting it out