PS4 - AOR F5 Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix [ 21/01/2018 8PM UK ] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F5 Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix [ 21/01/2018 8PM UK ]

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Round 13 - Italian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 21st January 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Big chance I'll be missing this one. Have a birthday sunday night and I believe we'll be going out for dinner. Might be home in time but highly doubt it.

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Big chance I'll be missing this one. Have a birthday sunday night and I believe we'll be going out for dinner. Might be home in time but highly doubt it.
Won't make it unfortuntately. Service isnt very fast in the restaurant here :p Shame since I had some good results yesterday

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Italy. :arghh::arghh::arghh:
WTF happened from lap 23 till the finish??

Last edited:

JRGamezDE

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 21, 2015
Quali: P5
Race: P7 (maybe 6, I honestly don´t remember)

My quali laps weren´t perfect but I was happy with my temporary 3rd position. Sadly I dindn´t take the dry tire gamble (congratulations to Vanoss and @ShaunG123 on your big balls ;) ) so I moved down to 5th.

At the start of the race my internet had a stroke or something, because on the run down to turn one all the cars were jumping around the racetrack like panicing frogs. I therefore broke way to early for turn one and still managed to brake my fron wing. When going into the pits at the end of the first lap I tried to lose as little time as possible, broke as late as I thought was possible... and got myself a 5 second stop-go penalty. Note to myself: trying to gain time by doing things you are not 100% sure about often loses you time :/ . From then on I just pushed on a set of softs and managed to set the fastest lap along the way and even better it a few times. At my second pitstop on lap 16 I entered the pits just behind @REYLAP_93 , but lost out to him again, because of my five second stop and go penalty. On the set of supersoft tires I received from my pit crew I gave it everything again and found myself in a battle for the fastest lap with @nikki (spoiler: I won that duel). Although I had come out of the pits in dead last position I managed to catch and overtake a few cars along the way.
In conclusion I was very happy with my performance where I made two stupid miistakes, because apart from three minor cornercuts those were the only ones I made yesterday. My pace was probably good enough for the win, but that was just no possibilty after what had happened at the start.
Edit: Also a huge apology to @Philip_66 for the incident on lap 26. I only realised what happend there after skipping through your footage. I tried to avoid the slow car on the right in the wrongest way possible and went over to your line instead of using my bra(in)kes. I did not want to ruin your final laps and kill your fun.

Congratulations to @nikki on the win and my teammate @ShaunG123 for gaining us some sweet points.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaunG123