PS4 - AOR F5 Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [ 04/02/2018 8PM UK ] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F5 Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix [ 04/02/2018 8PM UK ]

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Round 15 - Malaysian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit
Laps: 28

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
-

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Yesss pole and the win. That's something different than wing damage every week :p

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Want to add though that it's a real shame that the number of drivers is dropping so much.

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Quali: P12
Race: P8

Comments: Arrived late which cost me dearly, as the quali had already gone underway, and had to start with default setup, after having made a pretty good one. Nevertheless, thought I had to give it my all for a good result. Had a decent get away, but later on lap 3 went for a move and got unlucky with the brakes locking up at the apex, meaning I was round and down to p10. Had to recover all the way back up and managed to do so with surprisingly good tyres, and was fighting with Malaske throughout most of the race (it was an amazing battle by the way, wanted to pull away but you were incredible). Later I started to get frustrated and pushing too hard, meaning I got a penalty for corner cutting, and tyres were starting to fade away, so I knew there was much to go for, so decided to pit for supers at the end in order to test if I could get fastest lap, but sadly I had to battle and with that lost a chance to do so. Very disappointed at the end with the result, when I easily had the pace to fight for the win if I had the setup and qualified but oh well, onto Singapore next week.

Reactions: nikki and de-thomas

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
Want to add though that it's a real shame that the number of drivers is dropping so much.
not the most enjoyable league to be honest due to the racing not being as good on 2017 as it was on 2016 IMO. I don't do near as much practice as I used to do, I started practising at 7 tonight! Although I enjoyed that race!

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017

My highlights. Created a crucial 10 second gap in the first stint and and from the pit stop a flawless drive to the finish :)

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Q: 9
R: 2
Couldnt get a clean run in qualifying. Could have been around 4th. I tend to have better luck at races when I start near the back though. And this one was a good one. Had lots of action. Mixed it up with almost everyone Except @de-thomas. Lost too much time and fuel battling with everyone else to catch up in just a 50% race. Had fun. I think this is my longest highlight video.

Reactions: de-thomas and nikki

ShaunG123

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2017
Q: 2
R: got held up a bit on the first few laps but got past and back into 2nd and drove well until my in lap where my tyres were struggling and the issue of not knowing where the pit lane limiter line was cost me a lot of time. Went on to the mediums and struggled all the way until the end but reasonably happy with 4th

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Malaysia.
Again a lobby messed up!!
People leaving, lagging, ghosting, arriving to late without note,,driving the wrong car and for what it looks like, we had 2 different races / lobbies.
I don't know why I should take this tier seriously anymore, if no one wants to obey the rules.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Results updated.
Don't forget; Singapore next Sunday (11-02-2018 8PM)

nikki

Pro Karter
Oct 25, 2017
Results updated.
Don't forget; Singapore next Sunday (11-02-2018 8PM)
Why did you put me in 9th position? I was finished in 2nd. At least you can put me finishing in 3rd, because i was behind @Malaske before the connection problem(like you’ve said)

Last edited:

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
@pepper_F1
What were you doin in the Red Bull??
The reason as to why I was on the Red Bull is purely by the fact that I unfortunately arrived slightly late, and when I joined the lobby the qualifying session had just started, so as you well know, once the session starts, you're not allowed to change your car, so I could only go with whatever the game decided to put me on, it wasn't my choice to go on the Red Bull.

• Informative
Reactions: Philip_66 and nikki

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Why did you put me in 9th position? I was finished in 2nd. At least you can put me finishing in 3rd, because i was behind @Malaske before the connection problem(like you’ve said)
I've put you in 9th position because you were DSC from the "main" lobby.
All race results except yours showed you finished 9th.
That's just the way it goes with unstable and messed up lobbies.
Sorry about that.

Reactions: nikki