PS4 - AOR F5 Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [ 18/02/2018 8PM UK ] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR F5 Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix [ 18/02/2018 8PM UK ]

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Round 16 - Japanese Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 18th February 2018
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Suzuka International Racing Circuit
Laps: 27

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:

JoeyVrolijk

Formula Karter
May 1, 2015
Hey Lads,
Im just wondering if anyone would like to share a refference lap from their lap in time trail with me so i can see what i should aim for?
Thanks in advance :p

JRGamezDE

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 21, 2015
Hey Lads,
Im just wondering if anyone would like to share a refference lap from their lap in time trail with me so i can see what i should aim for?
Thanks in advance :p
I just started training and my PB from a few months ago os a 1:29.068.
Hope that helps :)

• Friendly
Reactions: JoeyVrolijk

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Hehhhhh frustrating but fun race. Lost the back end on my first qualy lap and did a way too conservative second lap. Than it started drizzling and chances of a good grid position were gone. 6th.

Race started well, eventually ended up leading before I pitted. Started to believe I was winning the race because I thought everyone was on a 2 stop .
That wasn't the case so I was in 4th again. @pepper_F1 was holding me up a bit but no opporunities to get passed. Got a bit impatient and was on the outside at Dagner 1. Should have backed out but ended up in the gravel. That was never gonna end well. Hopefully it dind't effect your race.
Passed @Malaske then for 5th but went wide after that, dispite having the entire corner for myself. On the last the podium came back in sight though with @OTG going slowly. Tried to make the move in the final chicane but some lag made that impossible. Even lost a position in the process. 6th.

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
Race was ruined on the first lap when the haas (not malaske, dont know his forum name) lost it in front of me and i tried to avoid him but i guessed wrong and went straight into the back of him and damaged my front wing... this is why i dont practise much anymore! its getting harder and harder to find motivation for season 15!

ShaunG123

Pro Karter
Sep 21, 2017
Lost connection 2 times in quali and when I rejoined it would only let me spectate the race so had to miss out this week

pepper_F1

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jul 20, 2014
Anyway, #RaceReport

Quali: 3rd
Race: 3rd

Had a poor 1st run in quali, then the 2nd run was affected by the drizzles, so despite still getting 3rd was disappointed, as pole position was easily the target. Race pace wasn't optimal, as I struggled with tyre wear and overtaking was extremely hard. Sadly it was even harder to stick behind Malaske and OTG due to internet connection, as they lagged a fair bit, and I was afraid that accidents could be caused so tried to be as cautious as I could, hurting me in a way, as the top 6 was all in contention for the win. After the incident with Joey and losing the position to OTG I lost a bit of my consistency as I struggled to keep myself together, but eventually managed to secure what was my first podium since AOR S11 Bahrain... Hoping USA can be better and with more attendances.

OTG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 3, 2014
Great start, then @pepper_F1 ruined my race really by break checking me into the pits (going to the stewards), I got to the front and was going to win until this broken **** tip of a game caused me to lose the race at the hairpin by throwing my car in the air.

Not really sure why I bother.

Reactions: Malaske

Wesley3071

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
Average quali lap put me 8th.
Clean start through first corners but then got on kerb and lost control of car heading up the hill( apologies to @REYLAP_93 ) managed to keep it under control thankfully. From then on I had a really boring race with no one around me and just kept plodding along until I decided to put on lap 12 and crashed at the pit lane entry line ( locked brakes and went straight into wall) this isn't the first time lol. Guys in front were far too quick to keep up with but had 8th in the bag all be it if I didn't crash, which I did. We really need more members!

Reactions: JRGamezDE

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Q: 2
R: 2
Fun if not frustrating race. So much lag. Couldnt get close to anyone without contact. But still a fun race. I should have been more cautious knowing there was terrible lag. To the guy taking out the brake markers. Could you please not do that? No one else in this league does that and it's not sportsmanlike. Try to keep it clean or there will be complaints.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Hey @Philip_66 !
Can i ask you your opinion regarding this incident?

Looked at both your footage.
You both had trouble controlling the car at the same time.
Pepper came to the right because of using the curbs, and you came left because of a bit of oversteer.
Imo; racing accident. That just happens.

Reactions: JoeyVrolijk