Jan 13, 2014
Round 9 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2017 Season 14

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 10th December 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Confirmed no-shows:
@ShaunG123

Last edited:

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
I can't make it this week, sorry for such short notice but I found out a relative of mine died last night and i have to fly back for the funeral

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Installing new internet connection so I hope everything will be fine before 20:00.

pete day

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Hi guys with regret i will have to pull out of the league been good to race with u lot when i i have raced lol good luck everyone for the rest of the season

Wesley3071

Pro Karter
Sep 16, 2017
Up and down race again, took it extra safe through turn 1 then unfortunately @Philip_66 broke very early for following corner and caught me out completely, red front wing and had to pit which was rubbish. Then it was pretty boring race up until lap 31 when it started to rain and managed to get up to 8th. Just a shame again the extra pitstop cost me a few places(n)

de-thomas

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 20, 2017
Really need to sort out my qualifyings. Did a 1.06.7 but invalidated that by a stupid minor corner cut. Would have put me P5 or something but instead I was 9th with a 1.07.000.

Started very cautious, whicht resulted in 2 whole laps without damage (which was very refreshing). Then on lap 3 two cars collided and I couldn't avoid @Malaske his spinning car. Wing damage again. Pitted for softs with the intention to make it to the rain. Got overtaken by a few guys on softer tyres. Just made it to the rain, my tyres were really going of the cliff. Overtook two or so drivers in the pits and again was gaining a lot on @Malaske, exactly being close to him in the last lap. Vanoss ran wide in the last sector, allowing me to go down the inside, after which he decided to put me straigt into the wall. So P7 for now, should have been (or was) P6 but could have been P5 maybe.

Senaattori

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 6, 2017
Nice recovery after Baku, lost chances to victory when I couldn't secure my 2nd position. Got there with undercut but FABRI was too quick today and he deserved his victory! When rain started I spun into the pits and had to take other set of SS but luckily I didn't lost positions there. I changed my driving style an hour before this race so I hope I'm more confident with it in the next race. And last thing, Finnish soldier won't retreat

Dale Stones

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 10, 2015
Awful. Just awful.

Qualy: 10th
Race: DNF

Qualy: Was on course to improve by around 2 tenths when I cut the 2nd to last corner. Bottled it once again.

Race: Not the best start but just about stayed in 10th. Then @Malaske seemed to get caught in an accident with somebody else (Forget who). I was unable to avoid them both and slightly damaged my front wing, which was so painful in the middle & final sectors. Made it tomy 1st stop and went for a set of ultra softs. This stint was fairly straight forward with nothing really happening. With around 16/17 laps to go, I came in for a set of super softs. A couple of laps later @Francis mcginn spun on the exit of turn 2. As their car returned to the racing line, I tried to avoid it but it wasn't meant to be. Front wing gone.

After that, I pretty much gave up. Just drove to the end. Until on the final lap when I had an incident with @Jai Fletcher . My screen was showing him on soft tyres on a wet track and I could see he was struggling. On the exit of turn 2, he seemed to make a mistake. I made a move to unlap myself. Coming down into turn 3, he had got back alongside so I braked to give him the corner. For some reason he pulled right across into my car pushing me into the wall. Race over.

So a race of getting caught up in other peoples crashes. Congrats to all the podium finishes. Bring on Silverstone.

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Up and down race again, took it extra safe through turn 1 then unfortunately @Philip_66 broke very early for following corner and caught me out completely, red front wing and had to pit which was rubbish. Then it was pretty boring race up until lap 31 when it started to rain and managed to get up to 8th. Just a shame again the extra pitstop cost me a few places(n)
I do remember that.
Wasn't intended but i think i reacted on Francis in front of me.
Suggs, M8 !!
I'll have a look at my footage, tomorrow.

Malaske

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 6, 2016
Q: 7
R: 5

Another bad qualifying performance. started in 7th. Got through the first few laps and keeping up with leaders. On lap 3 @Francis mcginn got by me. Then he took too much curb and got all squirly. I thought I could squeeze by. But he came back across and I hit his rear. This got me into a slide and Poor @de-thomas got stuck on me and we ended up in the gravel. Broke part of the wing and had to switch strategies. @de-thomas and I switched places a few times always on different tires/strategies. Then the rain came and we were on equal ground since we both chose to pit for inters with only 4 laps left. He was gaining on me. He may have even been able to make a lunge in the last corner. But @Jai Fletcher had gone off track and conveniently decided to came back on track as we were passing. I was able to avoid him. But @de-thomas was not so lucky. I finished 5th. 24 seconds behind @fabri1699. Had I not been greedy on lap 3, I think a podium was there.

OTG

Formula 4 2nd Driver
AOR Commentator
Feb 3, 2014
Q: Pole
R: 3rd

Only got myself to blame, Vannos' jump start kinda put me on the back foot from the start and some silly errors dropped me to 3rd. Shame I couldn't convert for the win but still some good signs heading into next week.

Congrats Fabri on the win and @Senaattori on P2

Philip_66

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@Wesley3071
Had a look at my footage, and i did brake very early.
Srry, M8.
Gues it was a reaction on something that happened in front of me.
Wasn't intended !!

JRGamezDE

Formula 4 Test Driver
Feb 21, 2015
Since there is no thread for Silverstone yet I'm just gonna post it here: I probably won't make it this sunday bc I have to work in the evening and won't make it home ok tinge on usual circumstances. I hope you have a nice last race in 2017. CU in Hungary :)

Reactions: ShaunG123