Not open for further replies.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
AOR Ferrari Challenge - Season 1

Introduction:

Mama mia! It's a time for some Italian A class action as the AOR brings its own incarnation of the Ferrari Challenge to Forza Motorsport 5! Running in a very similar format to the RUF Supercup that was ran successfully last season, the Ferrari Challenge will see drivers drive in similar racing conditions but in a very different beast to drive. The Ferrari Challenge Stradale is fast, can ride the kerbs well but most importantly runs on standard street tyres - a twist that will see a lot of sideways action and fun for the drivers!

Running for 8 weeks, the Championship will run across some of the very best circuits in the world in what will surely be the most beautiful looking racing league on AOR!

Like the RUF Supercup, this league is open to everybody of any skill level - it doesn't matter if you use assists, you are welcome to sign up!

General Information:

● The car used is the 2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale. The car will run in it's stock configuration, setups are banned.
● The current Championship structure will consist of three races taking place on Thursday nights, at 8pm UK time.
● Race 1 will be determined by qualifying, while Races 2 and 3 will be determined by reverse grids. Race lengths will be approximately 15-20 minutes, while qualifying is 5 laps long (1 outlap, 4 timed).
● Each race will have a formation lap where drivers will line up in their positions, followed by a rolling start. The rolling starts will be double file at a speed limit of 62mph/100kph.
● All assists except auto brake are available to use.
● The full Season 1 race calendar can be found here.

The RULES & REGULATIONS thread contains all the information you need about the league. It is vitally important that you read and understand the content of that thread before signing up to the Championship and entering a race.

Also make sure you read the rest of this post before putting your name down.

League Rules:

All of the league's rules can be found in the RULES & REGULATIONS thread. By signing up to our leagues, you agree to abide by all of our rules, and we expect all drivers to be aware of these before entering.

Our racing rules are in place to help us enforce clean and fair racing in the leagues. As an AOR driver, it is required that you do your very best to race within these rules. In short, this means no contact and no corner cutting.

We also expect that you to behave maturely and respectfully in the race lobby and on the forums.

An important thing to remember is that you sign up to the league with the intention of completing the full season, not only a few races. If you have to pull out during the season due to something in your life forcing you to quit, that's fine, but choosing to pull out due to not liking the game anymore or having a bad season will see you placed on the blacklist, meaning you will not be allowed to return at any point in the future.

We reserve the right to remove anyone from the league who is disruptive to other drivers and also if a driver is dangerously slow, for example 10 seconds a lap off the pace, then they will also be removed from the league on safety grounds.

Information on how to complete the sign-up process can be found below.

Once the sign-up process is completed, you will be placed on the driver list. If there aren't any available driver spots in the league at the time you sign up, you may be assigned to the league as a reserve driver while waiting for a main driver spot to open (more info on that can be found here).

You should only sign up to the league if:
● you intend to complete the full season.
● you are able to race regularly on the set race day.
● you intend to be active on the forum.
● you are a clean, fair and mature racer.

In signing up, you confirm that you have read the content of the RULES & REGULATIONS thread and accept the rules and regulations specified.

Sign-Up Process:

Can you race on Thursdays? [You need to be able to race on Thursday nights in order to attend our leagues]
Gamertag: [Enter your gamertag here]
Nationality: [Enter your nationality here]
Car Number and Colour Preferences: [Enter preferences here]

*Colours available are as follows (with a maximum of 2 drivers per colour): Red, Blue, White, Black, Yellow, Orange, Green, Purple
**Numbers allowed for selection are 1-99, 0 is for reserve drivers

---------------------------------------------------

Driver List:

Drivers who have been assigned to the league are listed below.

Confirmed drivers:

Please note that there are only 12 spaces available with up to 4 reserves. Sign-ups will be closed once capacity has been reached.

(14/12 Drivers confirmed, 3/4 Reserves confirmed)

● #8 x Shuffle - United Kingdom - Red
● #14 wilDtub - United Kingdom - Yellow
● #16 oV xB4RDx Vo - United Kingdom - Yellow
● #19 Relezy - United Kingdom - Purple
● #20 FisiFan91 - Norway - Red
● #23 oO Troggy Oo - United Kingdom - Blue
● #26 oV xS4Mx Vo - United Kingdom - Orange
● #33 RickeeyC - Republic of Ireland - Green
● #35 Kptk92 - United Kingdom - Blue
● #42 Alehud42 - United Kingdom - Orange
● #44 McPhilen - United Kingdom - White
● #46 csej76 - United Kingdom - Purple
● #69 xII robo IIx - United Kingdom - White
● #98 AOR KurtJP - United Kingdom - Green

Reserves:

● Batista Bruno
● aarava
● DanMac4569

Last edited by a moderator:

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Can you race on Thursdays? obvs
Gamertag: x Shuffle
Nationality: British
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #8, Red

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Can you race on Thursdays? Yes
Gamertag: JordanMcGonigal
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #13, Yellow

I am currently signed up to an Indy Car Championship which starts this Thursday, and will finish on the 7th of August, but Sign ups seem slow at the minute so I thought I'd put myself down :)

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
Can you race on Thursdays? Ofc
Gamertag: Alehud42
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #42, Orange

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Gamertag: McPhilen
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #44, White

xHPExFootie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 12, 2014
Can you race on Thursdays? Yes Gamertag: xHPExFootie Nationality: British Car Number and Colour Preferences: #11, Black

oO Troggy Oo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
Gamertag: oO Troggy Oo
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #23, Blue

xII robo IIx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 25, 2014
Gamertag: xII robo IIx
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #69, White

wilDtub

Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2014
Can you race on Thursdays? Yes Gamertag: wilDtub Nationality: British Car Number and Colour Preferences: Yellow #11

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Updated the OP, wilDtub needs to pick a new number because #11 is already taken.

ALSO THE NURBURGRING OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

wilDtub

Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2014
The ring is amazing!! Fastest Ferrari! New number :( I was 11 last season and it's a special number..but I'll take 14 then?

JordanMcGonigal

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Jordan can I be put as a reserve for the moment, just until I know what's happening with the Indy Championship I'm in

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Can you race on Thursdays? Yeh boi
Gamertag: FisiFan91
Nationality: Norway
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #20, Red (sorry Jordan)

Apr 11, 2014
Gamertag: ConnanFormula1
Nationality: england
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #58, yellow

Relezy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 31, 2014
Gamertag: Relezy
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #19, Purple

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I should point out that I am interested but recently my internet has been extremely volatile. If leading up to the opening race I feel it is not in a sustainable state then I will most likely pull out as I do not want to ruin everyone's race. This is is especially the case with Forza due to the absurd nature of lag on the game being deadly to anyone near to the lagging car. On a side note I can't believe #35 is actually taken. It is like the number I use for literally everything.

Gamertag: AOR KurtJP
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #98, Green

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Gamertag: RickeeyC
Nationality: Irish
Car Number and Colour Preferences: #33, Green

Buddha702