PC - AOR FIA GT Championship 98´- Evaluation Races | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR FIA GT Championship 98´- Evaluation Races

SergeantSchultz

Junior Karter
Jul 30, 2019
I'll be able to make this one in the BMW. Do I need to be on the Discord server for this? I tried joining through the link on the website but it seems to just link back to the same page.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I'll be able to make this one in the BMW. Do I need to be on the Discord server for this? I tried joining through the link on the website but it seems to just link back to the same page.
Yes, it's not mandatory but highly recommended that you are in the Discord during the race. In fact, you're pretty screwed if you're not in there as that's where we give out the lobby info so people can join :p
Don't know why the Discord link doesn't work but try this instead: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-discord-server.20217/

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Ok, yesterday it was way better for me - I spun only twice :D I took Mercedes again, as I need all the practice I can get.
We've head a nice battle with @inkychris and @ApexMaibom for 30 minutes or something (until I screwed up of course). The Merc didn't seem faster than BMW's to me, but I'm sure someone could squeeze more out of that car.
Regarding fuel, I was trying to save it for a while, but in the end I had to refuel - I'd be 1-2 litres short, so it was definitely possible to do this race without pitstop, but I'm not very good at saving fuel :)

Reactions: ApexMaibom

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
i was having such a good time racing you @Smolda and @inkychris for the first 12/13 laps before being caught out a little with an outside curb that just pulled me out of line and then @inkychris disappeared in the distance. That was also why I was asking Chris to do the Gr. A instead :D
Anyway I was really feeling the pressure from your Merc and after your first little of track you were catching me crazy fast! o_O Anyway, looking very much forward to the season and hopefully more intense fighting and racing

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yeah, no Audi's for @inkychris to fight as adirect compare, but he Out quallified my Monday night run, while he is in the BMW, so yeah - looks fairly balanced to be fair.
I swapped to GT1 to bump the numbers up (as there were only 2 otherwise), and took the mighty sexy looking Panoz, (cause when else am I going to get to run it?)
I doubt anyone would have predicted a win for the BMW / Panoz! but was quite fun.
My Panoz lap times were about 2 seconds off the pace of @BMW /// M-Power - But that's expected (He's alien fast, and in a much better car imo)
But I was a tiny bit faster than @F4H MaR4uDer when looking at the fastest laps from Monday.
Panoz is a proper handful, so much kudos to "MADrauder" for using it (as I can't think of a better car to look at when it's lapping me! Hope you use it for the league!)

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
After testing a couple group A options on Wednesday I think I actually preferred the BMW. I was quicker in the Merc but after tweaking the BMW a little more I got it down into the 39s so I imagine it's as much default setup differences as anything; had to bump the final drive up a lot to get it into 5th comfortably. I personally also found it a lot easier to drive than the Merc as I kept spinning that so even if it's not quite as quick, I imagine I'd be more consistent in it: my lap times didn't really drop the whole race despite the tyre wear, if anything they got better, unlike my GT1 experience.

• Winner
Reactions: AndrexUK

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
I am simply staggered that you were able to do ‘39 lap times in the Beemer @inkychris . Wish I had a bit more experience in how to make my setups work (and my driving:LOL:) Anyway surprised I was able to keep up for the first 12’ish laps