PC - AOR FIA GT Championship 98´- General Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR FIA GT Championship 98´- General Thread

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I'm rather busy this week, but maybe after tonight's race we could all hang around, and do some laps for the next race.
And help each other out.
It might not be a case of sharing that super secret setup tweet that you have mastered, but at the end of the day, we want to race other ppl, if they are not at the same pace, then you are not racing them, so it's actually in our own interests to help others. Makes it a lot more fun when you have others to battle!

I have helped many ppl in the past, and it's very satisfying to see them improve each week when you are semi 'mentoring' them! Watching them bring home their car several positions ahead of what they were expecting gives a nice warm fuzzy feeling!

I'm a little more limited on the GT1 cars, but the concepts of setup are still largely the same.
Happy to help where and when i can!

And again, if all else fails, the Grp A's are easier to drive, which means racing is generally closer.

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
@BMW /// M-Power @AndrexUK
Unfortunately I won’t be racing for the next couple of rounds due to family commitments and may not be able to do Laguna Seca. I feel it would be better, given my last couple of performances, to say I won’t be racing again this season. Thanks for setting up a great league and would like to thank all the drivers for the great racing and battles.

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
Well after thinking about it and having read that @BMW /// M-Power stops running in Project cars 2, I have thought the following:
- That the GT · league is no longer held here in Project cars 2, if not in Assetto corsa competizione, and in this game championships with different categories, such as GT1, Gr. C1, Gr. 4, 5 and 6, Lambo Super trophy and Ferrari Challenge 488 among others.
- Perform resistance leagues with categories that have never been done as an IMSA, 24 Hours Series, etc.

I propose this because this game has little life left, but there is still to get PC3, so let's take advantage of it has more categories and cars than other simulators, and have fun.
@AndrexUK @Chloé

PhantomHamster

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jun 23, 2016
Well after thinking about it and having read that @BMW /// M-Power stops running in Project cars 2, I have thought the following:
- That the GT · league is no longer held here in Project cars 2, if not in Assetto corsa competizione, and in this game championships with different categories, such as GT1, Gr. C1, Gr. 4, 5 and 6, Lambo Super trophy and Ferrari Challenge 488 among others.
- Perform resistance leagues with categories that have never been done as an IMSA, 24 Hours Series, etc.

I propose this because this game has little life left, but there is still to get PC3, so let's take advantage of it has more categories and cars than other simulators, and have fun.
@AndrexUK @Chloé
I like the idea of maybe running some big events like 2.4 hours of Le Mans, Daytona. Maybe 1.2 hours of Bathurst?

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
@PhantomHamster @AndrexUK @BMW /// M-Power @Chloé @ApexMaibom
Is that in Assetto corsa competizione there are all the GT3 and all the circuits where they run, also for the next year they take out a DLC with the Intercontinental GT Challenge circuits, these are Laguna seca, Kyalamy, Suzuka and Bathurst.
In Project cars 2 we have the Mugello circuit that is a DLC and why not try to introduce it in a championship if all the participants have it, it is time to take advantage of that DLC circuit, because in ACC we will have to take advantage of those 4 circuits to do leagues if we want them to be varied.
So let's remove the GT3 league from PC2 and make GT1 leagues or other classic GT categories.

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

@AndrexUK @Chloé
To find this you simply have to look further than the league section. Join my social race which will happen on Saturday. Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupé S around Monza. I'll most likely be doing these in the future as well with crazy car/track combinations that we've never done before :): https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/single-car-saturday-mercedes-amg-c-63-coupé-s-autodromo-nazionale-monza-gp-saturday-23-11-2019-7-30-pm-uk-time.60935/#post-856055
Another good one is the VLN series that @Col.McCoy have been hosting for quite a long time now. Once a month we run 1 car around a race at Nürburgring Combined. We've done all kinds of stuff from low-powered road cars to vintage GT cars. This Friday we're doing some vintage formula racing with the Lotus 25 :): https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/vln-series-race-9-1963-lotus-type-25-climax-social-race-no-previous-sign-ups-required-22nd-of-november.60649/

I know they're not leagues but if you're looking to driving some new cars this is where it's at ;)

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
@PhantomHamster @AndrexUK @BMW /// M-Power @Chloé @ApexMaibom
Is that in Assetto corsa competizione there are all the GT3 and all the circuits where they run, also for the next year they take out a DLC with the Intercontinental GT Challenge circuits, these are Laguna seca, Kyalamy, Suzuka and Bathurst.
In Project cars 2 we have the Mugello circuit that is a DLC and why not try to introduce it in a championship if all the participants have it, it is time to take advantage of that DLC circuit, because in ACC we will have to take advantage of those 4 circuits to do leagues if we want them to be varied.
So let's remove the GT3 league from PC2 and make GT1 leagues or other classic GT categories.
Yes ACC has all the Blancpain series cars and tracks from 2018 and now also 2019 and will as you said, make a paid DLC with the Intercontinental tracks and cars in the future.

For me personally, I think that further league racing in PC 2 is over. I've got limited time in my daily life and with the amount of time I have to put in to practice and setup of each track, it's just such a bummer to be disconnected from a session in PCars. And I really do miss the physics and sounds of ACC and will probably do my league racing there until we hopefully have some exciting car classes in PC 3 again. Would really hope for them to do the early 90's BTCC cars *fingers crossed*

So for me it will most likely be occasional Community racing in different classes, but would very much enjoy to race any of the classes that @F4H MaR4uDer mentioned in the earlier post or the GTE's of @PhantomHamster - not really in to the LMP's (y)

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
It's probably best to start a thread on the general pCars discussion section, as you are really only reaching out to the Endurance guys here.
Grab some names from any of the active pCars leagues, and tag them!

Let ppl know that you want to do more races!
I'm not sure a full league would really happen, as the interest is very much dying off (only 2 tier's in GT3 league, compared to 4 in ACC), but certain events might still pull in enough drivers!
Try to make it a semi regular thing, and mix up the cars / tracks / etc. But keep in mind, about 80% of the car classes in pC2 are not very balanced (hence why they don't get used), so I would advise to stick to a single make event.

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
It's probably best to start a thread on the general pCars discussion section, as you are really only reaching out to the Endurance guys here.
Grab some names from any of the active pCars leagues, and tag them!

Let ppl know that you want to do more races!
I'm not sure a full league would really happen, as the interest is very much dying off (only 2 tier's in GT3 league, compared to 4 in ACC), but certain events might still pull in enough drivers!
Try to make it a semi regular thing, and mix up the cars / tracks / etc. But keep in mind, about 80% of the car classes in pC2 are not very balanced (hence why they don't get used), so I would advise to stick to a single make event.
That's why I proposed the Lamborghini Huracan super trofeo class or the Ferrari 488 Challenge, also the Renault Trophy with the Megane trophy or the R.S. 01 Trophy, even a Clio cup.
You can also make a Porsche cup, with the Cayman GT4 CS.
The 24H series championship is with GT3, Lambo super trophy, GT4 and TCR, you could make some fun for fun.

Reactions: AndrexUK

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
I do really love the LMPs, the LMP1s in last season did seam a little too fast to have consistent wheel to wheel for prolonged periods, hopefully the 2s and 3s would be better for this?

Last edited:

Chloé

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2019
If you want LMP2, then better ban the JSP2 Nissan, because it is way faster than others (which are balanced)

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Would love an LMP900 class (not for me to be IN, I'd take the slower class), but the 900's are very unbalanced :(
I think it was at the point where if you didn't make it a single class (and the best cars only had about 1 or 2 liveries, so would look rubbish), then you were left with the BMW V12 against the Ferrari 333 (they were really the only cars that were close to one another.
The Audi was just Stupid OP
The Toyota was then slightly slower
Then the Bentley was slightly slower again
Then the BMW / Ferrari

Such a shame, as if they were well balanced, it would look awesome!
Could put them on track with the GTO's, and I think you only need to remove the Nissan 300ZX Turbo IMSA

The Group C cars might be a little better balanced, not really tested those myself...

inkychris

AOR PC GT3 S12 T2 Champion
Dec 9, 2018
Would love to do a Group C round, full manual stick shifting for the win! That would definitely keep me in the faster class but right now I'm starting to feel like I should drive the slower class. I seem to lose so much more time passing slower classes than everyone else. Watching some of the replays it's easy to see why, lots more passing through corners from others so maybe I live a little too religiously by the fact that the slower class car shouldn't have to compromise...

F4H MaR4uDer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 3, 2017
@inkychris @AndrexUK My idea for a long time is to organize about 24 hours of le mans with the GT1 and 2 LMP900, these are the Ferrari and the BMWs, because they are the ones that competed in Le Mans in 1998.
Another is an exclusive GT1 or Gr.C1 championship, you could also do a WEC with Gr.6, Gr.5 and Gr.4, in group 6 the 2 are balanced, I have them already tested, in the groups 5 only the Ford, BMW and Nissan could be used, since the Porsche and the Nissan 280 ZX are far superior to being from the IMSA, and in group 4 they would be the BMW and the Ferrari, the Porsche falls short