AOR Formula 1 2018 S2 - Australian Grand Prix [29/09/2018] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula 1 2018 S2 - Australian Grand Prix [29/09/2018]

NusPojava

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
First question: Why I was not allowed to qualify? Was it because I did not register here beforehand? Genuine question.

Second question: Can someone help me understand this thing (don't want to call it car)? Working on the setup was always one step forward, a million back! I adjust it to have somewhat decent corner entry, it understeers like a front wheel drive Peugeot. If I adjust it to be stable in one corner, the next three are power sliding like mad. I was mesmerized how the guys at front can get on the power so early...
I am not begging here for a setup (although if someone is willing to provide it, not saying no to it), I just want to know what should I focus on? Why is default nowhere near driveable?
What should I focus on the most? The diff, the wings, the damping, the camber? Any tips, info, suggestions and everything in between is massively appreciated.

As for my race, crashed on the first lap. Don't recall who it was with. Tried to be as careful as possible, but going two wide into one of the narrowest parts of the track is never a good idea. I thought I left enough room, but so could have the other guy. A racing incident.

MChederz

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 8, 2014
First question: Why I was not allowed to qualify? Was it because I did not register here beforehand? Genuine question.

Second question: Can someone help me understand this thing (don't want to call it car)? Working on the setup was always one step forward, a million back! I adjust it to have somewhat decent corner entry, it understeers like a front wheel drive Peugeot. If I adjust it to be stable in one corner, the next three are power sliding like mad. I was mesmerized how the guys at front can get on the power so early...
I am not begging here for a setup (although if someone is willing to provide it, not saying no to it), I just want to know what should I focus on? Why is default nowhere near driveable?
What should I focus on the most? The diff, the wings, the damping, the camber? Any tips, info, suggestions and everything in between is massively appreciated.

As for my race, crashed on the first lap. Don't recall who it was with. Tried to be as careful as possible, but going two wide into one of the narrowest parts of the track is never a good idea. I thought I left enough room, but so could have the other guy. A racing incident.
Default is driveable. I finished 3rd on default setup

• Useful
Reactions: NusPojava

NusPojava

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
Default is driveable. I finished 3rd on default setup
I want to kill myself... No really, if this is true, I've got nothing to say, nothing to add... I've never been this far off-pace, in any car, in any league, in any game.

How do you even drive this thing?

RigorousTiger

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2017

You were not allowed to qualify because you allocated at like 1pm UK time today when deadline was 11:59pm UK time yesterday. It is clearly explained in the rules that if you allocate too late you get a BOG (Back Of Grid) penalty

NusPojava

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 14, 2017
You were not allowed to qualify because you allocated at like 1pm UK time today when deadline was 11:59pm UK time yesterday. It is clearly explained in the rules that if you allocate too late you get a BOG (Back Of Grid) penalty
It's okay. I thought that was the reason, but wanted to make sure.

Steelking

Pro Karter
Mar 30, 2014
One question. How do the blue flags work in this game??? I got blue flaged when car behind me was so far away and because I didn't let him pass, I recieved drive through. Drove through and penalty was still active, then got DSQ... I know, I didn't have pace but if I let the guys pass me when blue flag appears, I would lose 2-3sec, maybe more

sergi28

Formula Karter
Sep 1, 2018
I had some tweaks but didn't make the car really much faster from default, just personal preference in terms of softer or harder suspension I'm used to drive and not much more.
And even if it seems like I "easily" finished p2, it wasn't easy. I had to manage tyres and fuel, on every single corner, every single lap, being careful but still push the car to its limits.
It's just a matter of time to get used to the car. So, I would advise you to not worry that much about the setup and focus more on the driving, because I was hitting more or less the same lap times with default setup.

Congrats to @ChazmR for the win, I messed up the strategy on the last stint and couldn't even put you nervous on the last laps.