Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2
Round 1: Imola

Information:
Date:
15th March 2019
Time: 19:20 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Grand Prix
Date: 1st April 2019 Time of Day: 08:50
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

• We enter into our first full length season with the F3 car, which also brings with it the first full season with the updated race night format.
  • Rene Osterkamp once again enters into a new season as the reigning champ, but with a strong looking field, can Rene hold onto the top spot? Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Season to start

Teams Championship

Season to start

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

Weather:

75°F, Wind N @ 4 MPH,
Atmosphere: 37 RH,
Skies: Partly Cloudy

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
You guys are so quiet.

You can talk you know?

What's the track like in these cars? Are you looking forward to the season? Any ambitions?

Reactions: David Buitelaar

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
You guys are so quiet.

You can talk you know?

What's the track like in these cars? Are you looking forward to the season? Any ambitions?
Ah we can? Fantastic.

Well, the track is pretty terrifying in these cars, the kerbs are death. It's a fun challenge though. Definitely looking forward to the season but don't exactly have high expectations, if I can have a clean race tonight I'll be happy. Maybe scrape a point or two if there is some chaos up front.

LucaV GPFun

Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2018
Yet another avoidable lap 1 crash

Hoping the culprit gets a word from the Stewards. ;)
Although he did maneuver on the grass properly before rejoining the track and losing control.

I towed to the pits but had "too much damage" and was forced to retire.

A part from the above I spent the whole first lap being unnecessarily checked up in the corners and avoiding an accident or two.
Guys, you don't always have to go side by side in every corner on the first lap; you lose a lot of time in this way :)

I tested very little this week and was not at ease with car and track.
First lap in qualify was good without pushing (36.3) so I tried to take some risk in lap 2... and damaged my car on one of the curbs, losing speed in the 3rd lap.
I might have been able to go 3 tenths quicker but it would not have changed too much.

• Surprised
Reactions: David Buitelaar

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
Unfortunately my wheel has packed up before the sprint which is why I had a really long brake pedal that I didn't quite realise until I'd collected Patrick, so please accept my apology Patrick and anyone else put off by the incident. In hindsight I should have sat the race out, rather than rely on a quick calibration.

I'm gonna be out for the next month at least whilst I get my wheel fixed so I'm gonna have to drop out and become a reserve which is really really annoying because I wanted to have a solid season having made a lot of positive improvements especially around the quality of my driving.

Sorry once again, hope to see you all on track soon once I'm repaired.

@McPhilen

David Buitelaar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Yet another avoidable lap 1 crash

Hoping the culprit gets a word from the Stewards. ;)
Although he did maneuver on the grass properly before rejoining the track and losing control.

I towed to the pits but had "too much damage" and was forced to retire.

A part from the above I spent the whole first lap being unnecessarily checked up in the corners and avoiding an accident or two.
Guys, you don't always have to go side by side in every corner on the first lap; you lose a lot of time in this way :)

I tested very little this week and was not at ease with car and track.
First lap in qualify was good without pushing (36.3) so I tried to take some risk in lap 2... and damaged my car on one of the curbs, losing speed in the 3rd lap.
I might have been able to go 3 tenths quicker but it would not have changed too much.
I did not expect that there was someone joining the track loosing his car, but i thought the rules were very clear that you must safely joining the track? in my case i did a flying corkscrew into the pits and i got a penalty for speeding in the pitlane ;) funny feature-race :p

Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom