AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2 - Round 11: Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2 - Round 11: Watkins Glen

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2
Round 11: Watkins Glen

Information:
Date: 24th May 2019
Time: 19:20 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Watkins Glen International - Boot
Date: 25th May 2019 Time of Day: 14:55
Weather: To be updated in comments

Additional Note:
  • RIP to a true legend of Motorsport, Niki Lauda. Even though I am someone who never got to see the man drive live, his story is still incredibly motivating and inspirational to me. Everything he ever did for the sport will never be forgotten, and his presence in the paddock will be missed greatly.
Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Meireloso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Won't be able to make it as I will be at Caen - Bordeaux
Game to avoid relegation, unmissable I'm sorry ! :eek:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I won't lie, I've been incredibly disappointed with the turn out this season. I know a lot of people have different circumstances that prevent them from racing, but when you sign up you are expecting to be signing up to the whole season, so missing so many races is really disheartening. Hopefully next season will be better. I think we'll probably need to be advertising on the forums again to hopefully get some extra people in to fill some of the gaps I fear may be left open, although we'd be absolutely fine if all the drivers we have did a vast majority of the races. There have also been a few more uninformed no shows from drivers this season than normal, which isn't great either.

Anyway, all that aside, tonight's was a bit of a disaster for me, well at least the feature was. I got a small amount of front wing damage from a lap 1 contact trying to avoid Luke. It was a shame, but it was just one of those things. After that I pitted on lap 1 and then almost immediately ran wide at T5 and tapped the wall and had damage again. My pace was still okay after that, but not enough to feel entirely comfortable. Then people started dying and I thought I might be able to get a good result until I died myself.

Sprint race, I failed qualifying, and then had a really good race to get up to 5th. I think I had the 3rd best pace in that race, so I'm pretty happy with that. Just wish I could have actually did the qualifying lap instead of falling off the track into the wall.

Onto the season finale at Laguna. I think that should be fun. :)

David Buitelaar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
I had two good races, just annoyed about my qualilaps, i cant get the laptimes im doing in practice, so starting from almost from the back of the grid twice p11 not bad at all.
The one-lap-quali-format is really a joke. 5 min. Was too short for Watkins imho. I was in the last turn and it was allready over.
For once the change of weathercondtions for the sprintrace gave us some difficulty on the strategy of the race but that was the fun part. See you next week seasonfinale.

Steffen Herrmann

Formula Karter
Sep 1, 2017
I won't lie, I've been incredibly disappointed with the turn out this season. I know a lot of people have different circumstances that prevent them from racing, but when you sign up you are expecting to be signing up to the whole season, so missing so many races is really disheartening. Hopefully next season will be better. I think we'll probably need to be advertising on the forums again to hopefully get some extra people in to fill some of the gaps I fear may be left open, although we'd be absolutely fine if all the drivers we have did a vast majority of the races. There have also been a few more uninformed no shows from drivers this season than normal, which isn't great either.
Just a thought on this: At the end of the season a lot of people don't have anything to fight for, which in my opinion is due to the fact that we have to less drop weeks. for me in a normal season I mostly miss like 4 rounds due to real life obligations, so there is no way I can compare with others in the championship. this might also be true for some fellow racers, therefore increasing drop weeks might help decreasing end of season dropouts.