AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2 - Round 2: Interlagos | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2 - Round 2: Interlagos

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2
Round 2: Interlagos

Information:
Date:
22nd March 2019
Time: 19:20 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Autódromo José Carlos Pace - Grand Prix
Date: 1st April 2019 Time of Day: 06:15
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I'll make sure to pack my things in the thing box before I do this race.

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
big expectations for tonight's races. Last season had a such blast! Lot's of clean hard fights, great fun :)

David Buitelaar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Sorry guys my internet is not working good with iracingservers. Lagging all the time atm so i wont do the sprintrace. Iracing ia really f*cking things up. :(

LucaV GPFun

Pro Karter
Sep 6, 2018
First of all, I could use a little help. Thanks in advance.

I do not get email notifications from threads mentioning my name. I only get it for the "absence" thread. Is there anything wrong I could check/change in my settings?

- Interlagos race

Last season I had 25.2 on 23C temperature
First session this season: 25.0 on 21C with 15L of fuel
Last practice session: 25.5 on 24C.
Not sure why I am moving backwards but it bothers me quite a bit

Race 1
25.8 with heavy fuel in practice. Not great but ok. Qualify... same time in qualifying trim. Can't be good :)
Race start is weird. The start light has corrupted graphics. This never happened before to me and gives me more than a little trouble; actually I think there was some corrupted graphics on top of the lights.
Then I see a few cars blinking or otherwise acting strange. Something else that bothers me quite a lot in a tightly packed group.
Eventually I get really close to one such "weird" car and get into a slide to avoid him. Somebody hits me (sorry for you!). Damage and 35seconds in the pits to repair the car.
I come out in front of the leaders and discover that my race pace is actually not that slow; it takes them quite a while to catch me.

I have had some unusual netcode issues lately. Things I had not experienced in many years. I wonder if iRacing is being trying to send too much information. For instance, the race info from other car is relatively new.
This brings me to the Imola incident. I checked the replay and there was a bit of netcode involved. Sara braked more than I anticipated, I didn't slow down enough and hit her. Not trying to escape blame, but I had not realized there had been a hit during the race because of the above netcode. Apologies for the accident, Sara.
I am actually more embarazed for having misjudged David's position alongside me and having squeezed him unnecessarily, to be honest.

Interlagos Race 2

I think I start 15th. My tyres take 3-4 laps to get into a proper range so I am a bit slower, especially on the straight. On lap 2 or 3 Luke tries to make it 3 wide on the straight. I don't think it's a great move, he could have just waited after the esses and we would have not wasted any time, but I let him go.
Unfortunately immediately afterwards he loses it on the curb just in front of me. I cannot fully avoid him and just a little touch is sufficient to give me "too much damage"

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
@FisiFan91 I thought I picked up some weird damage off the curb in T4 on a lap or two before I yielded. After the contact the car just started understeering and I was worried I actually wouldn't have fuel or that I'd lose more places, so I just let you go. It was like my front wing was broken, I thought i'd broken the floor or the sidepod like you can get on some curbs. Oddly, after two laps of shitty handling and letting you go, the car came back to me. So maybe it was some weird track temperature threshold that got crossed which manifested itself in a **** way for two laps before it dropped again. Definitely wasn't me pushing the tyres because I was managing them like a mofo. You had me for pace in the sprint though.

Reactions: FisiFan91

Tommy-Tum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2014
Good racing yesterday! Sorry @Kez if that was my mistake in the Sprint race. I defended quite agressive because it was the last part of the race.
Got some good results in again and this is my best season start ever in AOR. Very happy to be here. Good racing again with @FisiFan91 as mentioned above. Didn't have the pace as I felt uncomfortable. You got also the pace over me @lukebarton ! Good results aswell.
Avoided all incidents and being clean the whole two races. @McPhilen got me at the line on the last lap of sprint! Good racing guys! Looking forward to Zandvoort.

Reactions: FisiFan91

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
I put in what felt like a great lap in qualifying for the sprint and started 21st! The last time I don't bump my tyre pressures a couple of clicks for qualifying :))

Everyone was so close on pace this race - was nice having several drivers around the same piece of track. In qualifying for the sprint 1st to 23rd was covered by 1.125s which is probably the tightest AOR field I've seen. Nice one

David Santana

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 13, 2018
nice round yesterday...like luke said before, all was in the small difference between first and last and a lot of in the same second.

First race: i have a decent pace but not well enough...although i pass Sara, that i have ever considered a very fast driver, she passed me later and i tried to keep close and not fight to caught the drivers in front of us, but, one click sounds inside my head and i start to loss pace and sara said good bye to me with middle finger at high (loool). Dont know why this happen to me...at the end of the races i use to loss all my pace...when only 2 laps left, connor spun and i overtake him, but he is faster than me and when i tried to cover the inside at corner and start quickly to throttle, i lost my rear and have my rear wing very damaged and could not finish the race...but i enjoyed a lot all ways

Second race: i had a very good start, making some overtakes to people that usually is very fast, but Marcus Wohlmuth tried to overtake me at the exit of first corner hitting me and send me to the wall...i think he must wait to the next straight, but...

altough results dont come to me, i enjoyed a lot driving with the best each friday...cya!

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
So happy after last night! I think this might have been one of my highest scoring nights in this open wheeler league (with FR 2.0 etc).

The strategy with the quali ban in the feature race was pretty clear for me: Take it easy on L1 and then pit, nursing the tyres to the end. It almost worked to perfection. Most of the time I encountered clean air, I maybe had to make like 6 or 7 passes after L1, way less than I thought. To come home in P4 in the end was definitely unexpected.
The sprint race went equally well. I completely missed T1 on the quali lap though, so that should have really been a 24 (I must have set like 10-15 25.0s across practice on Thursday and yesterday, never got a 24 graaaa xD). Was able to get the lead into T1 and was able to stay there for four laps at least. Eventually though @Marcel Fassbender's pass kind of inevitable, especially my straight line kind of sucked with this setups, which I knew in before hand. Unfortunately couldn't quite stay in the draft as I was struggling a bit with pace mid-way through the race. It got better towards the end, but it was "only" enough to match lap times, not really to catch.

Anyway, super delighted, two nearly perfect races in that regard. Congrats to @RedBarom and Marcel on the victories yesterday!

Streamed my races here btw, if someone wants to have a look:

Blacktiger

Junior Karter
Mar 5, 2019
@David Santana
We were side by side in t2 and you gave me no room as I was already on the curbs with over half my car on the inside. also if you look at it more closely you see that it was a netcode hit too.

I am sorry you were sent into the wall, but I see no fault at me for that crash.

Reactions: David Santana

David Santana

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 13, 2018
@Blacktiger i have never said you were the only guilty but i left no room not intentionally, but its difficult to take that corner in my situation (look at verstappen & ocon last race at brazil), ...i only think that you were pretty faster than me and if you wait to the end of the next straight, you had overtaken me for sure...

didnt see in detail the replay, and i believe you about netcode...for me no problem mate...

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Had an eventful but poor night overall. The qualifying in the feature race was the best part of the night (well, there were a couple of nice overtakes too), but the rest kind of fell apart.

Qualified 5th for the feature, and then got passed Rene early after he had a wiggle on turn 1 at the start. I then passed Patrick nicely to move up into 3rd. Unfortunately I then got a tag from Gio who lost control of the car on the inside of T4. He'd got passed so I was attempting to re-pass around the outside like I had done with Patrick the lap before but it didn't quite work out. Annoying but sometimes those things happen. Unfortunately the car, even after pitting, was too damaged to really do anything competitive with so I parked it.

Sprint race I qualified 11th, which could very easily have been 3rd had I not lost the .5 I did on the final corner. But, it certainly set up would could be a fun race. Started making moves and got up to 6th, but then I took too much kerb at T2 and spun the car, dropping me to 18th. Over the rest of the race it was trying to recover to a better position, and was able to make it back up to 10th, passing @Tommy-Tum on the run to the line, which was a lot of fun. A few more laps and I think I could have taken 8th, but even that would have been a very close thing.

Overall, probably the worst Interlagos event I've had. I normally score big points here but through my own mistakes and an unfortunate incident, it didn't quite work out this time. Good news is that next is Zandvoort, which I also normally do well at. Goal is to take a win, but at the very least a podium, hopefully two. We'll see!

Reactions: Tommy-Tum

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Good racing yesterday! Sorry @Kez if that was my mistake in the Sprint race. I defended quite agressive because it was the last part of the race.
Not your fault at all, I was the one who planted it in the wall... :( Good to see you up the sharp end though! I'm sure we'll have more battles in future

Reactions: Tommy-Tum