Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2
Round 3: Zandvoort

Information:
Date:
29th March 2019
Time: 19:20 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Circuit Park Zandvoort - Grand Prix
Date: 30th March 2019 Time of Day: 17:11
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- This will be the last race before the clocks change and we start to use BST.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tommy-Tum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2014
Home Grand Prix! Hopefully some good results again. If people would be nice to me at my home grand prix I maybe can get a win!! :p Haha joking, looking forward to Friday!

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

Weather:

69°F, Wind SW @ 8 MPH,
Atmosphere: 67 RH,
Skies: Clear

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I wish you guys were more talkative. It's a great track and I'd love to see people's opinions on how this car fares around this rollercoaster.

Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Big sorry to everyone, I have no idea what my brain is judging in these last couple of races (F3 and GTE), but it's a **** show. Sorry.

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
Well, I enjoyed the races. It was nice to be up at the pointy end again.

I do want to say though that the sea of yellow at the sharp end is very intimidating and makes for somewhat disappointing viewing in the broadcasts -- maybe the SimRC guys could at least bring more strikingly different paints making it easier to distinguish the teams so that there's more perception of inter-team battles etc. ?? Just a suggestion, would be nice to see. When we see a yellow car, it could be any one of five drivers at the moment and they might as well be all the same driver because I can't tell them apart :p

Feature race, I got a pretty bad start from 3rd and struggled on the opening laps when the tyres were cold. Dropped to 4th after a few laps but then was challenging the SimRC car ahead but couldn't stay close enough through the final corner (because I was a scaredy cat) to make a meaningful move into T1. I was happy just to finish the race so whatever. Then 2 of the SimRC cars span, including the one in front of me, so now I had some clear air and confidence to put some nice laps in. I ran quite long and just focused on hitting my marks. Rene lost a bit of time behind Knut (big up pal, I'll send you your bonus soon) which meant I had time to get my tyres warmed up and start pegging him on lap times. In the end I just managed the gap and kept it on the track. Zero incident point race with a great result. It was a solid race but I wasn't going to win it if the SimRC guys hadn't created their own incidents but solid nonetheless, I did a great job.

Sprint race was my turn to screw up. Started 2nd by 0.003s and had a complete offtrack excursion at t7 which I was lucky to survive. Then span a few laps later exit of T9 putting me down in 8th. Had fun overtaking a few guys and chasing down Paul but I was a couple of shoddy laps too late and finished 5th. I think the slightly higher track temp was my downfall yet again.

Thanks for all the DMs in the session! I couldn't reply because my keyboard was away but they were all warmly received, so thanks!

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Shout out to @Curly for representing the HRT Livery. Used that exact livery for the Pro Mazda series all the way back in season 1.