Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 2
Round 4: Monza

Information:
Date:
5th April 2019
Time: 19:20 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix
Date: 6th April 2019 Time of Day: 14:00
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- There's like, loads of straights yo.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I remember the night I had here in the FR2.0 where I got to complete a total of 2 corners in 2 races. Hopefully it'll be a bit better this time :p

Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I remember the night I had here in the FR2.0 where I got to complete a total of 2 corners in 2 races. Hopefully it'll be a bit better this time :p
I remember that night. You were in such a foul mood.

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
First corner has been a really nightmare in some season's.... remember those pile's :/ even you knew it's gonna happen there was nothing to really avoid it. Last time we raced in monza i think it was little better start's.

Reactions: David Buitelaar

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I remember when the first season of feature/sprint nights happened and I managed 1 corner the entire night. :D

• Funny

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I remember when I started braking for turn 1 and my pedals flew away under my desk.
Remember not too long ago when your sock got stuck on your pedal and you couldn't brake and you got DQ'd on the last lap? Good timeeeeeees. :p

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Are the thursday team tortoise sessions still being hosted?

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
Fassbender with the installation lap and Herrmann on hospitality duties :cool:

On a serious note, looks like it could be close up top.

Curly

PS4 F1 League Runner & S14 F2 + S13 F3 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 27, 2017
Well, that was awful.

Practice was cut massively short due to an issue on the F1 side of things that needed solving. Messed up my setup for the feature and then messed up at the start of the sprint race. At least had some good battling at the start of the feature. Then decided with 4 laps to go that the wall was much more attractive than points.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Pretty awful night for me to be honest. I started feeling quite comfortable in the Thursday practice session towards the end, and also in an official race I did, but just could never hook it up when it really mattered. In the end it isn't too surprising to me as I've always struggled with Monza and low downforce setups.

Anyway, qualifying was okay. I think in all the times we've run Monza over all the different cars, I've only ever managed a top 10 in qualifying once before, so to get one tonight was actually pretty good, and I was only a couple of tenths off of my maximum as well, but at the same time was almost exactly 1 second off of pole.

Race 1 was kind of just a race of driving on my own, making mistakes and finishing one spot higher than where I started thanks to other drivers having worse issues.

Race 2 was really unfortunate from my side. I made a really good start, found a nice gap into the 1st chicane and also didn't get caught up by anything in the first chicane melee. Then I lightly tapped @Erkka Lindstrom in the 2nd chicane, which caused a bit of a mess as well, which I apologise to all about. I thought the only two people going side by side into there ahead of me were Rene and Erkka, and I tried to squeeze past of Rene, which possible would have worked, however I hadn't seen David had moved over left (either to attack or defend, I'm not sure), so by the time we got to mid corner and I was expecting Erkka to just be able to go he broke just a little bit more and I didn't have time to avoid it, however in the end I still put my self in that position.

After that, the race was going pretty well as I hadn't picked up damaged (or if I did I didn't notice it), and was able to start moving up. I had a good battle with @CamJS2 until there was one moment in the 2nd chicane (I think) where I got a slight touch which just damaged my front wing slightly, which was enough to make it so I couldn't really fight where I was anymore, and had to concede a few positions.

Overall, not a great night, but I never expect anything of Monza. CotA is next, which I'm normally not looking forward to, but I'm interested to see how these cars do there. I'm also normally quite good at CotA, so here's hoping!