Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3
Round 5: Mosport

Information:
Date:
12th July 2019
Time: 19:20 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Date: 13th July 2019 Time of Day: 07:50
Weather: Dynamic

Stuff:

- Sorry guys, no stuff again this week. My stuff creator came in but it was set to Spanish and I have no idea how to change it back to English as the instructions are also in Spanish, and no hablo Español. Yo hablo un poco Español... I think?

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Hey guys, so in the latest episode of 'things I forgot to put in the rules because I copied the wrong version/just forgot to do it', In season 1 of F3 I made a point of putting in the rule that drivers are not allowed to use the pit-stop over speed glitch (shifting between gears), which makes them go faster in the pit-lane. That rule is there and written down in the season 1 rules and regs page, but I seemingly forgot to transfer it over for last season and this season. So, with that said, I will be once again moving it over to this season and making it illegal once again. Anyone that has been doing it is obviously fine because it wasn't technically a rule, but I noticed watching the Spa footage back that there were a lot of people doing it, mostly the people who are new in the last season or two, where the rule wouldn't have been written or enforced because, in the words of the GoT writers, I kind of just forgot.

From now on, no pit-lane glitching. :)

Tagging all drivers:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Definitely know about the one at T4. You seem to get it on the first patch of 'new' tarmac. I think it's possible to drive around it without getting damage, but will do more testing tonight to check that one out. I'll definitely consider the fast repair though. :)

NHR-Gaming

Junior Karter
Jun 5, 2019
No matter what i do, this track breaks the car for me. So far I've tried different racing lines, and setup changes and still the car will loose pace over a run due to damage (not always visible but nevertheless certainly has an effect)

This reminds me a bit of Donington but here it is a lot worse. I'm really not sure what to do about this atm :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
this track has this "granade glitch" which damages you're floor and sidepod. few places where you can get these so i suggesting one fast repair for pit stop.
Oh no is it that time again? D:

Nayun

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 10, 2017
Definitely know about the one at T4. You seem to get it on the first patch of 'new' tarmac. I think it's possible to drive around it without getting damage, but will do more testing tonight to check that one out. I'll definitely consider the fast repair though. :)
You even get damage from the Tarmac if you drive around it. You dont notice it at all before you go off in T2 into like me in this official race.

Attachments

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
it seems like some setups you dont get any damage but they are lots of slower. i got damage in middle of t2, no bump or sound you hit on one... you just get this damage.
haha check this video i pasted.. sidepod and floor just pend and after that it is one second slower to drive. this is making me nuts :/

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
We need the new damage model in ASAP because in theory that should fix the issues.

Based on this, I'll definitely make sure the session gets set up with a fast repair.

N1kmido

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Sep 17, 2016
I don´t want to sound rude but how does a fast repair help when your car gets mysteriously damaged every 3 laps or so? I have horrible memories from the 3.5 at Donington where many people´s races got f***** (including mine) for no reason.

I´m not looking forward to practicing or driving this track because you know the game will take you out eventually which doesn´t quite match my definition of a fun driving experience. I´m seriously thinking about skipping this one because of that issue. :/

Reactions: NHR-Gaming

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
I don´t want to sound rude but how does a fast repair help when your car gets mysteriously damaged every 3 laps or so? I have horrible memories from the 3.5 at Donington where many people´s races got f***** (including mine) for no reason.

I´m not looking forward to practicing or driving this track because you know the game will take you out eventually which doesn´t quite match my definition of a fun driving experience. I´m seriously thinking about skipping this one because of that issue. :/
all i can advice is try to set up car little bit higher and avoid those places a a bit... been tried to figure out this problem with setup changes, no damage free solution yet. i hope i racing will release a quick fix to the cars damage problem soon. they said in the forums they are looking at this problem at the moment.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

If I had both more time and more drive to do the laps, I'd have trialled multiple different ride heights to see at which point it would make a difference, but considering it seems to be random, it's hard to know exactly how long it would take to repeat it. But I did think about it and then letting people know what heights worked, that way they can either take the risk and be faster or play it safe and be slower. I raised it slightly yesterday, but I suspect I'll do quite bit of running tonight to try to work out something.

But to be honest, I kind of agree with you on this one. It's annoying turning up to a race night and then have it be ruined by something pretty much completely out of your control. :)

Based on that though, it's the perfect track for you to serve the penalties... ;)

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
I'm treating this race like a lottery with the landmines.

I drove 30 laps with no landmines in an official the other day. Same setup in AOR practice I couldn't do 2 laps without picking up damage. Go figure.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Funny because I was the opposite. Although I made changes to the setup between, so I thought I could attribute it to that, but maybe not. :/

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to discover that changing a setting one way then back to the original setting then improves (or introduces problems with) landmines. I feel like the setups on iracing and how they're applied is quite vague. Especially when you consider the tyre warmer problem and the way that on your first stint the tyres start at a higher pressure than your second (check telemetry).

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
LM24 Event Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
I would love to be happy, but my massive bottle in the end of the feature race still ticks me off.

I'm not happy. But I need to be.