Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3
Round 6: CotA

Information:
Date:
19th July 2019
Time: 19:20 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:45 Sprint Qualifying, approx 21:50 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix
Date: 20th July 2019 Time of Day: 15:50
Weather: Dynamic

Stuff:

- So once again I'm really sorry, but there will be no stuff again this week. The stuff creator did in fact have a switch that seemed to be the language reset, but it was located in a really awkward place and didn't seem to do anything when I flipped it a few times. Unfortunately it has now broken and it's head has come off, but it's still in Spanish, and also seems more sarcastic now. I think it might try to overthrow me.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
Completely opposite from last week... old school to the modern technical track. Sector 1 is fun...

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Yeah, I thought I was just being badly consistent (which I probably am still a bit), but the car felt so different in so many corners, mostly I found the rear end wanting to step out a bit more, I think because the front was gripping more than usual which meant I was putting in more steering input than necessary.

Will be interesting to see who copes with that the best.

But, I also did an official race on Wednesday (I think), and won with 0x, so I'm basically the best there ever was.

Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
First off, once again an apology to @n0body_ for the contact that led to the DQ, and also to Team Tepa as a whole.

As for my race night:

Race 1: It was pretty much uneventful save for the mistake I made. I tried to stay with the top two for as long as I could, but in the end they were just way too fast for me. Then Ross had a spin which brought me back into it, which then led to the incident which really sucks, as it took what should have been a simple easy 2nd and 3rd for us respectively to a tainted 2nd place for me (for now). Still, overall I was mostly happy with the pace, although at the time I was slightly frustrated I lost so much over the stint where as the top two got quicker. After the stop I definitely got closer and had more pace though.

Race 2: Yeah, this was actually a really good race. Got to have a bit of a fight with @RedBarom which was a lot of fun, but in the end he was too quick and far too consistent for me to ever have a real chance of taking the win. Congrats on another double Paul! It looked like you had a bit of a fight in the first one for a while, so it's good for the league we have someone who seems to be able to fight you at the moment. Hopefully it's full of good fighting, especially from myself, for the rest of the season.

Bathurst next. Oh no.

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
Good races to me until iracing crashed! Screen just froze'd and car continued it's journey on it's own... glad didn't collect anybody there. Had fun battle in P6 with Conor so it was a shame this happened.

Connor Ryan

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2017
With approximately 15 laps practice I feel this was a success. Can’t remember the last time i struggled this much in this car, although I feel that will be topped next week :|

Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom