AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 4 - Sign Up & Info (Cancelled) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 4 - Sign Up & Info (Cancelled)

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briz0wn

Pro Karter
Jun 5, 2018
I think it does. I didn´t have the chance to try it myself yet but watching some of the onboard footage provided is enough to say that there is something majorly wrong with the car at the moment. It shouldn´t be possible to go full steering lock and full throttle at the same time with any setup in the world.

Seeing several physical laws being broken commonly leads to the conclusion that something is wrong. Most likely the new tyre model in this case.

I´m not saying it´s impossible to race though. I mean, you can race on Project CARS 1, F1 2009, GRID 1, etc. as well right? :whistle:
agree and therefore it should not be NO GO for Suzuka boys :)

mikeself

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2018
I don't get what happened to tires really.
Someone talking about degradation, another one about slip angles, and so on...
So where is the the problem? I don't care...

We all are in the same situation, ... If you don't like the new tire models, okay, you do not need to drive :)

The only thing I and everyone else wants to know is... If we are racing this Friday ;)

Reactions: Briz0wn

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I don't get what happened to tires really.
Someone talking about degradation, another one about slip angles, and so on...
So where is the the problem? I don't care...

We all are in the same situation, ... If you don't like the new tire models, okay, you do not need to drive :)

The only thing I and everyone else wants to know is... If we are racing this Friday ;)
Unfortunately we will not be racing this Friday. Had there just been one or two complaints, we'd have gone ahead as normal. The sheer amount that I've had means that I think at least working out a compromise in the setup is something that is worth investigating first, before we just dive in at the deep end. Whilst we'd all be diving in the deep end equally, for me that's still a bit of a recipe for a potential disaster.

Whatever happens in the next week, short of some catastrophic event, we will definitely be going racing next Friday, so the season will start then.

Again, I apologise to all of those who either don't care about the change or even like the change, but there is an overwhelming response from a lot of the previous season and more experienced drivers that this seems like a good idea.

mikeself

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 6, 2018
Unfortunately we will not be racing this Friday. Had there just been one or two complaints, we'd have gone ahead as normal. The sheer amount that I've had means that I think at least working out a compromise in the setup is something that is worth investigating first, before we just dive in at the deep end. Whilst we'd all be diving in the deep end equally, for me that's still a bit of a recipe for a potential disaster.

Whatever happens in the next week, short of some catastrophic event, we will definitely be going racing next Friday, so the season will start then.

Again, I apologise to all of those who either don't care about the change or even like the change, but there is an overwhelming response from a lot of the previous season and more experienced drivers that this seems like a good idea.
Yeah, no doubt :) sounds reasonable and logical.
So, the season starts at Donington then ? And it's shortened? Or we just postponed the whole seas ...

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Yeah, no doubt :) sounds reasonable and logical.
So, the season starts at Donington then ? And it's shortened? Or we just postponed the whole seas ...
As @Deerladog rightly says, the season will start at Donington, unless there is something major that comes up, which obviously I'll notify everyone about. So, assume that the season will go ahead as normal, just missing the first race. :)

Reactions: mikeself

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Of course there's nothing broken to the point that racing is impossible, but things are broken enough to make the whole thing more difficult and frustrating than it needs to be, thus making things far less enjoyable.

There are some things I didn't like about driving this car on v6 (mainly the snap spins on high speed bumps) but overall when the car and I saw eye to eye it was still much more enjoyable than it is now. Worrying about tyre wear while racing is something that you do in endurance races (which I love to do so no complaints from me there), not sprint races in mid level formula cars.

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
I saw posts from a staff member basically saying that currently the tyre is behaving as intended. So not looking good for any kind of update or fix...
Ok, if this is the thing can we just go to the 3.5 car right away...

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
People can have different opinions on dogshit. Some might say it smells bad, others might say it smells horrible, others might say it smells good despite the fact they have never seen or smelled a piece of dogshit in their lifes. That doesn´t change the fact it´s dogshit though.

Sorry about the choice of words but I´m becoming somewhat sad when someone´s saying this is "realistic" or "how it is supposed to be" when it is clearly not.

n0body_

2 Time AOR iRacing GTE Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
I saw posts from a staff member basically saying that currently the tyre is behaving as intended. So not looking good for any kind of update or fix...
Not to mention that same staff member saying that anyone having issues with the tyres can't drive....

• Funny
Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom
Status
Not open for further replies.