PC - AOR Formula B - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula B - Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014

This is the main thread for the Formula B - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:

Race Day: Saturday
Event start: 8:00pm (UK time)

Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

League Coordinators: @AJ + @Erti147
Race Host: TBC

Drivers and Manufacturers:

Benefit Pro
#1 - Jack1st - [_jack1st_]
#2 -
Bastier
#3 - race_fanatic - [race_fanatic_]
#4 -

Cobalt
#5 - SteveRodgers - [SteveRogers]
#6 -

Sciflex Group
#11 - AJ - [Wint3rz]
#12 -

Sheriftizer
#15 -
#16 - Mike Cooper -

Stichmuller
#17 - sRede - [sRede]
#18 -

Hauminator
#19 - Raven - [codiak5]
#20 - ACR osiris32 - [ausare32]

Jancon Mobile
#21 - Neil Bywater - [neil Bywater]
#22 - Erti - [Erti147]

Reserves:
None

Last edited by a moderator:

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Driver update:

@Ryan Smith - Has other commitments suddenly and has been asked to be removed from the league.

Please welcome @Mike Cooper as your replacement full time driver, formally first reserve.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Driver Update:

@Danieldagc96 Is unable to participate and complete the season due to his connection, and has been removed.

@JamieFoppele has taken the last remaining full time seat

Mike Cooper

Semi-Pro Karter
May 3, 2015
Well what a f£$k up thats been.
I must have got something wrong
Been in the lobby since 7:45 and cant see a race for Brno FB anywhere.
I am right in thinking I get into the lobby where it says online in the game and then choose a race from in there.
I got a feeling I'm in the wrong place.
Need help and advice.
What a waste of a Saturday

Oilseal

sRede

Pro Karter
May 25, 2015
Few people added me on steam (including the race host) in the past few days and I got invited to the lobby at 8:45 (cest, 7:45 british time). Did you give the right steam id?

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Well what a f£$k up thats been.
I must have got something wrong
Been in the lobby since 7:45 and cant see a race for Brno FB anywhere.
I am right in thinking I get into the lobby where it says online in the game and then choose a race from in there.
I got a feeling I'm in the wrong place.
Need help and advice.
What a waste of a Saturday

Oilseal
On Steam, you would have got a friend request from myself, which you needed to accept. Then, I would have invited you to the lobby. But because you never saw my friend request, I couldn't do anything. In the online bit you were talking about, you will not see our lobby amongst that list, as it would have been private because it's our league and we don't want any nutters joining.

Mike Cooper

Semi-Pro Karter
May 3, 2015
Ah now I see
So it wasn't stem id but steam id.
Next is the fact that I start the game thro my Logitech profiler and not steam so even if I had given the correct id I probably wouldn't have seen the invite.
Oh well the learning curve gets steeper.
Sorry if I cocked up anybodys night

Regards
Mike Oilseal Cooper

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Ah now I see
Next is the fact that I start the game thro my Logitech profiler and not steam so even if I had given the correct id I probably wouldn't have seen the invite.

Regards
Mike Oilseal Cooper
I do the same, but if it's all integrated to steam then it will require you to log in to steam while pCars starts.

for info if you download the digital edition of pCArs from steam it'll all be integrated properly. If like me you bought a pCars DVD, you need to enter the steam integration code that comes in the box.

Also on steam, there is your Steam account name which remains the same always. But this isn't necessarily the same as your public profile ID. Again in my case [AOR]Neil Bywater (my profile ID) isn't the same as my steam account ID, and it's best that way for security reasons. And to confuse us all a bit more you can change your profile ID whenever you want, so one minute I could be "[AOR]Neil Bywater" and the next I could be "Mary Poppins" and that is what you would see on your friends list and unless I told you I'd done it you'd have no clue which of your friends it used to be without a bit of deduction.

It's easy as you can see:rofl:
[DOUBLEPOST=1433665332][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah now I see

Regards
Mike Oilseal Cooper
Ooooh and forgot to say you will receive your invite from the host or someone already in the game lobby and that invite appears as a big grey banner in your steam friends chat window. It might be hiding behind other friend chats, just look for flashing chat tabs.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433665588][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah now I see

Regards
Mike Oilseal Cooper
I've sent you a Steam friend request. It's oilseal63 (lower case o and that's important with steam IDs)

If I see you online I'll give you a trial invite so you are ready for next week.

Last edited:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Can I suggest more of us use the teamspeak in game chat app for our league race, it allows much better coordination and can help resolve racing issues before or as they happen. The best league I was ever in had all 16 driver regularly in the audio chat.

Details of the AOR teamspeak account can be found here Teamspeak Guide

ACR osiris32

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Would it be possible to setup the server 30-60 mins in advance with a practice session? Also maybe just password the server instead of making it private. Both of these may facilitate faster joining.

Richard Mintoft

Semi-Pro Karter
May 17, 2015
unfortunately i am not going to be able to take part in any more of the races as i am having some wheel problems. as anyone who was in the Formula B race 2 might have noticed i did not get off the grid (sorry if that affected any ones race) that was because my wheel disconnected. i am not sure why it is doing this i am trying to sort it out but it is happening randomly on any game i use my wheel on. so i will not be taking part in any more races because if my wheel disconnects while next to someone it could cause a crash and i do not want to cause a crash.

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
unfortunately i am not going to be able to take part in any more of the races as i am having some wheel problems. as anyone who was in the Formula B race 2 might have noticed i did not get off the grid (sorry if that affected any ones race) that was because my wheel disconnected. i am not sure why it is doing this i am trying to sort it out but it is happening randomly on any game i use my wheel on. so i will not be taking part in any more races because if my wheel disconnects while next to someone it could cause a crash and i do not want to cause a crash.
That is very fair of you.

Which wheel? I have issues with my G27 if some other USB device on the same hub activates, particularly when my Avermedia stream recorder is activated. Perhaps it gives a power dip on a poorly regulated 5V PSU.

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
It would be nice to know how many driver start the race tomorrow. I see that the driver sing-up is open again. Maybe the reason is that too few people were left?

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
It would be nice to know how many driver start the race tomorrow. I see that the driver sing-up is open again. Maybe the reason is that too few people were left?
We closed the sign ups to make the initial leagues, and we've only just re-opened them as the season has started. Just makes things easier organisation wise.

Reactions: El Nano