PC - AOR Formula B - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula B - Main Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Bul_Knaters

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 30, 2015
Agree and double agree and I would suggest we all go to Formula C.

Max 32 cars, but based on drop outs and no turn ups we'd probably get 24max! (if we're lucky) @AJ, @Bul_Knaters , @Erti147

I don't see why it couldn't work...It would be interesting when the quicker cars start coming through. If there was a time to test this it would be this season as it's our first season and it's a short one.

Edit: Sorry, my first understanding was for a multi class lobby, which I'd personaly would be in favour of. More people in one lobby, added dimension to the racing but I can also see why it might not appeal to some. As for everybody jumping into the Formula C car and wiping all the results people have accumulated so far? I reckon you might have a harder task convincing some people in both leagues that that is the best way forward.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ACR osiris32

StelingDk

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Hello everyone. i sadly here to tell that i need to pull my self out of the league, cause i simply cant find the time to partcipate in it at a saturday. So ye i hope you guys will have some good races and fights and best of luck to my teammate @AJ.

See you hopefully soon somewhere else

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Hello everyone. i sadly here to tell that i need to pull my self out of the league, cause i simply cant find the time to partcipate in it at a saturday. So ye i hope you guys will have some good races and fights and best of luck to my teammate @AJ.

See you hopefully soon somewhere else
What a load of crock

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I sense project cars, at least on the PC platform is a bit of an inconvenience for AOR.

Poor turn out by players, not much apparent management interest in improving matters, regardless of much player discontent. It was clear things were going off the rails after round 2, accept this week there are particular circumstances delaying stewards enquiries, but one that has been in since Monday with, for me an easy decision, we're still waiting on that result until the next race day.

I'm looking forward to Silverstone tonight as its my last league race this season as I'm away from home with work next Saturday.

I assume that, although again following considerable disquiet through this week, we will be running the mixed formula single lobby tonight.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436016762][/DOUBLEPOST]I really hope F1 2015 is good online, because if not I probably won't return to a formula cars league on AOR with Project Cars

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I sense project cars, at least on the PC platform is a bit of an inconvenience for AOR.

Poor turn out by players, not much apparent management interest in improving matters, regardless of much player discontent.
There are reasons for all this, either staff private or pretty publicly clear. First of all no-shows. People vote for Saturdays and don't bother showing, like previous leagues. Second, the game is ridden with bugs, whether it be while racing or on replays. Yeah, people have gotten annoyed with things, but it's a TEST season to see how to improve for S2. None of the above is the staff's fault. We can't overhaul things mid-season. we've tried to improve things by merging the lobbies, highlighting that driver numbers are the problem, and without the drivers, there is no league.
So we'll see what happens for S2, whether it be everyone in Formula C cars etc

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Accepted, you probably know what triggered my comments.

I'm probably just a bit grouchy atm, tooth ache, cold and backache and have to fly to US on Monday for two weeks work.

All of my previous posts have tried to be upbeat, I was happy with the merge, but probably all FC or all FB not the mix.

Apologies if I've offended anyone.

Erti147

Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Accepted, you probably know what triggered my comments.

I'm probably just a bit grouchy atm, tooth ache, cold and backache and have to fly to US on Monday for two weeks work.

All of my previous posts have tried to be upbeat, I was happy with the merge, but probably all FC or all FB not the mix.

Apologies if I've offended anyone.
Don't worry bout it mate, it's a test season so there's bound to be slight frustration.

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
So then Mr. @Jack1st. You start losing and now your attitude changes. Instead of getting on with it you'd rather complain and insult me after the race with your petty digs about my driving. Well done mate, I've got a new title for you. Keyboard Warrior1st. Learn how to be a good loser and maybe you'll succeed.

If they ban me so beat it. This whole Project CARS league is a disaster because no one cares and no one manages it.

Elite_sultan

Ex Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 13, 2014
As I Put in the other thread:

Remember lads this is basically a promo season so to speak so let's try and keep it polite and within AOR standards please.

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
So then Mr. @Jack1st. You start losing and now your attitude changes. Instead of getting on with it you'd rather complain and insult me after the race with your petty digs about my driving. Well done mate, I've got a new title for you. Keyboard Warrior1st. Learn how to be a good loser and maybe you'll succeed.

If they ban me so beat it. This whole Project CARS league is a disaster because no one cares and no one manages it.
Whats wrong with you dude, that was just a little bit of chatter. I only told ya my point of view, no insults, nothing to get angry about.

Last edited:

ACR osiris32

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2014
There are reasons for all this, either staff private or pretty publicly clear. First of all no-shows. People vote for Saturdays and don't bother showing, like previous leagues. Second, the game is ridden with bugs, whether it be while racing or on replays. Yeah, people have gotten annoyed with things, but it's a TEST season to see how to improve for S2. None of the above is the staff's fault. We can't overhaul things mid-season. we've tried to improve things by merging the lobbies, highlighting that driver numbers are the problem, and without the drivers, there is no league.
So we'll see what happens for S2, whether it be everyone in Formula C cars etc
PCARS is a test. Running a league should be the efficient part of it and it is lacking. How many years again has AOR ran leagues?

Those that signed up and haven't yet run a race should be put on a list. The Tiers were planned according to signups and half did not show. I still stand by the decisionby the admins to merge the lobbies, but it should have been done earlier or the Tiers given up on when there weren't enough sign ups to fill 32 cars.

I will say I won't be returning to the league next season. These seasons with races back to back to back, etc are just not appealing.

A suggestion would be to run Formula Gulf at some smaller venues and every other week.

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Erti147

Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Congrats to @Jack1st on winning the title. And thanks to the regulars who tuned up most weeks, hope to race you in the future :)

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
@Erti147, you were making me laugh last night with your muttered swearing when going off ;)

Depending on F1 2015, I'll see you next season.

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Thx for the congrats - hey I even won the team championship (together with the guy who left midseason haha :p ), although it doesnt mean much due to people not showing.
But I rly enjoyed racing this car and the chosen tracks. The handling, the ffb of this game is fantastic relating to the FB cars.
Its a pity that the amount of competitors wasnt high at the beginning and even went down henceforward.

Finally i want to provide some little feedback:

+ a dutiful league coordinator ( thx Erti ;) )
+ Race format: having a one shot qualy and sprint race is a good idea, this way you can compensate mistakes from one of the races, but i think the sprint race could be a little shorter, maybe only half the lenght of the main race so that a race night isnt that long
+ point system; 1 point for the fastest lap of the race could be added
+ good choice of tracks

- starting up to 15 minutes later
- people signing up but not showing

Thx everyone for the races.

• Friendly
Reactions: Erti147

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014