PC - AOR Formula B - Round 1 Brno - 06/06/15 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula B - Round 1 Brno - 06/06/15 8:00pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Round 1 - Brno
Formula Tier 1 - Season 1

Race Information:
Car class: Formula B
Race date: Saturday 6th June 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Feature Race: 15 Laps
- Sprint Qualifying: 5 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Sprint Race: 10 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited:

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
@AJ @Erti147 Raven has informed me he might not be able to attend the first race, due to family commitments

RandyMcScrandy1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
hey guys, would like to make a proposal as we've all seen how much time a setup makes. Tigger has posted a setup somewhere in a social thread, but I think it'd be nice if we all ran the same set. I for one don't have much time due to doing fifa leagues, exams and also working my ass off to be quick in fsr. Obviously understand if people want to run sets, but would be nice if we could all stay at least similar :)

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
hey guys, would like to make a proposal as we've all seen how much time a setup makes. Tigger has posted a setup somewhere in a social thread, but I think it'd be nice if we all ran the same set. I for one don't have much time due to doing fifa leagues, exams and also working my ass off to be quick in fsr. Obviously understand if people want to run sets, but would be nice if we could all stay at least similar :)
Obviously this would be based on trust and a gentlemen's agreement between yourselves, if you decide to go down this route gents just let me know but i'll leave this to you guys, for now to discuss it as a possibility at least, But at this stage everyone is free to run the game using any setup they see fit.

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Here is the link to Tigger's setup post.

[17/05 8.30pm] Formula B @ Brno

I used this a base for all my Time Trial laps. Just tweaked the aero between circuits.
This is a great base setup to work from.

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
No one hates making setups more than me, so I'd be down for it! :p

StelingDk

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
I will not be able to race the first race since i got some family stuff tomorrow i first heard of today( Gods know why)

But the best of luck to all u guys racing:)

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Had a run around here in the GT3's for about 2 minutes. Track is nice, need to engrave it in my memory though.

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
It's our first race tonight and the start of our AOR Formula leagues,
I just want to wish all of our drivers the very best of luck tonight within all the races taking part in our first ever season of formula racing with project cars, Could the lobby hosts please double check the lobby settings inline with the rules here and ensure they are correct before going to track, and also remember guys to save your replays and to the coordinators remember to take a screenshot of the results.

I'll look forward to catching up with as many race reports and videos as possible following the races, tonight once again have fun and good luck!

moon10002

F1 Champion
Jan 21, 2014
There is a reason as to why i quit, two cars drove past and saw me in a mess so I'll explain.

I ordered a wheel specifically the t300 gte wheel from amazon on the 11th of may, its being delivered through amazon s.a.r.l. According them, they feel its alright to take nearly a month to get a wheel to me (it still hasnt arrived). So i am stuck using a unsupported mc 2 wheel, i believe this is the reason to my problem.

My problem is that every lap or so the game will randomly put my car instantly down to 1st gear, I dont have to be upshifting or downshifting, its good like that :rage:. There for as the two cars (dont know which....) saw me, this problem causes me to complete the following
1. Spin
2. *Gets mad
3. Finds the wheel in odd places outside the next day :whistle:

There for by the lack of wheel i find myself unable to continue in the event :cry:

So i am trying to figure out is it worth it to stay in the formula leagues for season 1, as this doesnt happen on gt3 cars which i find odd.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
There is a reason as to why i quit, two cars drove past and saw me in a mess so I'll explain.

I ordered a wheel specifically the t300 gte wheel from amazon on the 11th of may, its being delivered through amazon s.a.r.l. According them, they feel its alright to take nearly a month to get a wheel to me (it still hasnt arrived). So i am stuck using a unsupported mc 2 wheel, i believe this is the reason to my problem.

My problem is that every lap or so the game will randomly put my car instantly down to 1st gear, I dont have to be upshifting or downshifting, its good like that :rage:. There for as the two cars (dont know which....) saw me, this problem causes me to complete the following
1. Spin
2. *Gets mad
3. Finds the wheel in odd places outside the next day :whistle:

There for by the lack of wheel i find myself unable to continue in the event :cry:

So i am trying to figure out is it worth it to stay in the formula leagues for season 1, as this doesnt happen on gt3 cars which i find odd.
:(

ACR osiris32

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Good race, double podium for myself and and unexpected 2nd in the Sprint race after @Jack1st hit some tires. Unfortunately this left me damaged as well so it was a struggle "relearning" the car and keeping 2nd.

See you all at Spain.

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I think @Jack1st took both wins, well done (reading @ACR osiris32 ,perhaps not)

P5 and P4, I'll take that after starting P8 and P10

Thanks for the race.

P.S. forgot to say I think the first race would have been better had it not been for my screen auto switching off on inactivity of the remote. I couldn't find the remote so had to turn the screen off and on for 15 seconds of black!

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Feature quali: 2nd. Got a solid lap in but nothing fantastic.

Feature race: 2nd. Jack slowly pulled away, about half into the race I found a flow and the gap didn't really change, so I think I had some decent pace but was too slow in the begining.

I'd like to stay positive, but the backmarkers need to be mentioned. for me, most were good but @SteveRogers held me up for like 5 seconds. I don't know if he thought we were on the same lap as he was battling me, but unacceptable imo.

I think jack may have had some problems with some more backmarkers but I don't know who they were.

Sprint Quali: Made a safe and slow lap which was good enough for 2nd.

Sprint Race: Made an awesome start and got up in the lead. Jack had some problems and I didn't get pressured for the win. I then started pushing toward the end of the race and managed a 1:36.144 which I believe was this "weekends" best.

I think this means I'm leading the championship so I'm happy! :)

• Winner

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Nice qualyfyings and good first race. But some backmarkers rly need to get out of the way quicker, i had problems with 3 or 4 people i think.

Second race got caught at start by race fanatic and was following him closely until i barely touched a pack of wheels at the inside curb and lost my front right tyre, be aware of them, they are made of cement lol.
But see for yourself:

Anyways, took me at least a minute to get into the pits. Unfortunately i got some yellow medium tyres put on, they were overheating for the rest of the race :facepalm:.

Some notes to the game itself:
1. The dirty air effect is pretty heavy.
2. The replay function is lame. It isnt showing hte start lights, it isnt showing the hud and it isnt showing damage.
I wasnt recording the race directly cause it seemed my recording software blocked the steam overlay. I think ill record next race though and forgo the overlay.

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Should of learnt the track before this, race 1 was a disaster crashing 3 times. So that time was spent learning the track. Race 2 was doing alright till I spun and lost touch with Neil. Then a spun again and lost another position and finally lost a wheel on the last lap again to end up last lol

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Hope you all had an enjoyable first race. Looking forward to getting my first start next Saturday! (y)

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Didnt get much practice for this race with GT3 on wednesday and F1 on past couple days.

Feature qualifying i thought went pretty well, set a new pb until i saw i was 7seconds off pole, ended up in 10th! The race got off very well, quite a few seemed to lose the rear of their cars once we set off and that jumped me all way to 6th then was in a fight for 5th with Steve but got caught out pushing too hard and lost rear on kerb and broke wing on barrier which put me around 1 minute behind 7th, so bought car home in 8th.

Sprint qualifying was better than previous qualifying, smashed my previous pb but still some 5seconds off pole, got 5th. The race started off well, jumped into 4th from the get go and couple laps later a car ahead had damage which put me up in a podium position, had to be consistent with Neil close behind and finished on the podium in 3rd, happy with that.