PS4 - AOR Formula B - Round 2 Catalunya - 13/06/15 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 AOR Formula B - Round 2 Catalunya - 13/06/15 8:00pm

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Note to self, don't spin into the pit lane :D I could have been 4th if my pit cree didn't take so long to service me :D

Was second before that point and had a good gap to Joker. Came out 9th but works my way up to 5th. Couldn't quite catch @Jthorn97 but it was a good race :)

I think I'm 3rd in the standings at the moment and @Daryl.Ferrari and I got some good team points :)

Onto to the sprint race :)

Reactions: Jthorn97

NINJA1

Pro Karter
May 11, 2015
Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong for me tonight , I can't say sorry enough for the absolute **** storm that was my race tonight. I did so many things wrong I don't know where to start , I except any penalties and can only improve for next race. I'm really sorry

Reactions: Sean B

Tigerkart_22

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
Third place in the sprint. Very happy indeed. Had @Daryl.Ferrari all over me like a rash and I made an error letting him pass, dropping me to 4th. Climbed back to 3rd when @ElMister made a mistake. Stayed there to the end. Happy with today :) Me and @Daryl.Ferrari got some very good team points and I'm still in the top three (I think in the championship) :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1434227244][/DOUBLEPOST]Also well done to @Goldrock for two more dominant wins ;) Going to have to practice a lot more next time (I must have done over 200 practice laps for this so I need 400 for next week :D)

Good racing tonight, see you next week (or Wednesday for the GT3 league) :)

Reactions: Daryl.Ferrari

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Qualifying: P2, P2
Race: P4, P4

At the start at the first race I got hit in the back and my car was really damage. Need to take a look at that tomorrow.

Daryl.Ferrari

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 11, 2015
@Tigerkart_22 I am happy about our points we scored today in the constructor championship!!

First race really was a mess, i had quite a good start off the line after 3rd position in the grid, but the guy in front of me, i believe it was goldrock, was slower then me so i had to lift a bit wich gave a alot trouble trough the first corners. I think i was not the only one haha. People fighting for position it was total chaos. After that i could not get into my rhythm and wasnt quick enough to catch Joker. Then i made a mistake in turn one wich cost me the 3rd place. But one lap later i suddenly was back in 3rd again. Ninja must have made a mistake... The rest of the race was quite a lonely drive except for backmarker Leeroy, he overtook me after another mistake ( i believe he just came out of the pits ) and then was defending while i tryed to pass him. I know a backmarker is allowed to pass me if hes faster but in this case i just made a mistake. It was a bit frustrating cuz i spinned while trying to pass. Someone please share his opinion on this. Luckily the gap i had to 4th was huge so wasnt losing a position.

Sprint race was much better for me, i was behind Tiger after the first couple of laps and was a bit faster then him. Even touched him before the sharp corner after the straight in the last sector, but luckily had minor consequences. Sorry anyway, was late on the brakes. Next lap tiger made a mistake at the exit on the same corner so i could take 2nd position. Then i had a 4 sec gap to goldrock already. I was quick but made minor mistakes wich made the gap to 7/8seconds. I had some quick laps after that and goldrock was probably consolidating so i won some time till the end of the race. But it wasnt enough. Finished 6 secs behind goldrock. Have to say there was a backmarker who was behaving crazy, swinging from left to right in the track. Whoever that was, please watch your mirror (middle top of the screen in most cases) or your track map (left top of your screen).

Anyway thanks everyone and congratulations @Goldrock ! See you guys next race!

Reactions: Tigerkart_22

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
That was quite literally a night of 2 half's.

Race 1: Started 5th but made a bad start because my hud was off so I didn't know if I was in 1st gear or not dropping me to 7th.
Got back up to 4th on lap 1 after a few incidents and was in a good position to fight for the podium but the fight wasn't needed as Biggzy made it easy by spinning off giving me 3rd, then at the end of lap 4 Tigerkart pitted for some reason and I was in 2nd pulling away from Jiz in my pantz in 3rd and the rest of the race was quite easy. I was getting closed down in the last few laps but I was just cruising from about lap 10 onwards with a 24 second gap to 3rd place.

Race 2: Crashed in qualifying returned to the pits and left immediately but I had exactly 3 minutes to go and with the cold tyres I didn't get round in time to do a lap so started last.

Had a Kimi Raikkonen 2003 start so my suspension was damaged but not enough to pit, then on lap 2 at turn 3 there was a car I think it was dutch (it was orange so I'm guessing) going slow Ninjaz slowed down I slowed down and Biggzy hit in to the back of me damaging my rear suspension so now I had to pit.
Selected the hard tyres and they gave me soft and all 4 went red straight away so I pitted again the following lap this time got the white tyres but they also all went red straight away (nice bug introduced in the patch)

Came out the pits in 10th 36 seconds behind Dutch and needing 2 positions to get a point.

Once again it was Biggzy to the rescue with a crash giving me 9th place with a 16 second gap to Dutch and 2 laps to go.
Dutch had a few problems with the leaders I think which lost him 10 seconds so as I started the final lap the gap was 6 seconds, Dutch was struggling with damage and by the middle sector I had caught up and got passed at the hairpin to take the final point.

On the results screen though I'm 7th and dutch is 8th instead of 8th and 9th? :confused:

See you all in Dubai. :)

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I was feeling really bad after the races yesterday so I didn't write a real summary. So here it is...

Qualified P2, and I was extremely happy by that, because I didn't do any practice before the race. But as I said yesterday, at the start of the first race I got hit in the back and my car flipped to the side and got alot of damaged. Had to pit at the end of the lap, and came out one of the last. Worked my way up in the field and had some really nice battles with @Du7cH (I think it was you), but you spun around at turn 3 and I almost did as well, but I don't know if there was any contact. After some drivers made their pitstops I was 4th and my tires was going down. I had @Tigerkart_22 behind me, but managed to stay infront of him until the end.

At the sprintrace I started 2nd aswell. I am often really cautious at starts, because I do not want to ruin my whole race so early. Braked a little bit later than the others towards turn 1 and got wide and lost a couple of positions and was down to 5th. Then I accidentally slightly hit someone in the back, and my steering wheel was turning to the side. Later on I was this time behind @Tigerkart_22 and it was very similar to the feature race except I was behind him this time. But due to a spin I lost a lot of time and I think I lost my position to @ElMister (correct me if I'm wrong). But then he made a mistake and I was right behind my Swedish mate. We had some really nice battles, switching positions in every corner, but at the end of the day I managed to stay infront and finish 4th again.

EDIT: @ElMister was actually infront of me before I made my mistake.

Goldrock

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 19, 2014
This is unbelievable, I never thought I would win ONE race in this league. "Little" history lesson incoming :D :
When I first came into AOR (F1 2013, PS3) I already thought I was "quite a good driver". I did not expect to dominate the league but I thought I would be competitive. Well, after my entry I got divided into tier 3 or something like that, haha. :D And I wasn't even good in tier 3, my best position was my only podium finish (p3 in Sao Paulo). Normally I was fifth or sixth I can't remember. So AOR told me: "Alright, you're definitely not good". ^^ Not to forget that the PC and XBox 360 leagues were as well faster than the PS3 league. :D For F1 2014 I returned to a German league and I won the title there, not really because I was the best driver but I dominated the league with my teammate and we had some fun, we didn't really take it that seriously. At the end I was the champ. :D I put a lot of "work" into the league and I just wanted to WIN. I lost the fun in league racing because I was too ambitious. And it shouldn't be like that so I made the decision that I wanted to leave this German league and return to international ground - AOR, the best league in the world - on PS4 and with Project CARS, the most realistic racing game on this console. I came here because I expected to be slow! I wanted to have fun fighting for p7 and don't have to worry about my position. That was the original plan. I never thought of winning ANYTHING. When I was first in the time trial event I didn't think about it that much. Because I did not want to crash somebody in the first race I prepared myself for the races in Brno (3-4 hours) to know what I'm doing (I ain't Kimi Räikkönen :D). I had some practice, enough to be fast.. Surprisingly I totally dominated every session in Brno. At the first moment I thought I lag or something like that. It was just unreal. And now again I was really fast in Catalunya, I just don't know why. I had practice for 1 or 2 hours and didn't feel comfortable with my setup but I still managed to drive constant 25s.. My problem now is: Anything but the title would be disappointing, I honestly have to say that (like I told you, trying to be honest without sounding arrogant!). Now again I am getting too ambitious.. :D My plan failed. ^^ I really want to win season 1 but I'm going to ease off in season 2. I just don't want to put so much time into an online league. I want to make that clear: Being slow actually is a good thing! It means you have better things to do in your life. ^^ I'm just that little nerd sitting here and playing video games, haha. :D And of course you are not slow! Some of you dropped 25s too and that is superfast! I'm just really proud to be one of you because I think AOR is the top league world wide and we crown the real "world champion" of Formula B pCARS PS4. Thanks for reading. xD

Tigerkart_22

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
This is unbelievable, I never thought I would win ONE race in this league. "Little" history lesson incoming :D :
When I first came into AOR (F1 2013, PS3) I already thought I was "quite a good driver". I did not expect to dominate the league but I thought I would be competitive. Well, after my entry I got divided into tier 3 or something like that, haha. :D And I wasn't even good in tier 3, my best position was my only podium finish (p3 in Sao Paulo). Normally I was fifth or sixth I can't remember. So AOR told me: "Alright, you're definitely not good". ^^ Not to forget that the PC and XBox 360 leagues were as well faster than the PS3 league. :D For F1 2014 I returned to a German league and I won the title there, not really because I was the best driver but I dominated the league with my teammate and we had some fun, we didn't really take it that seriously. At the end I was the champ. :D I put a lot of "work" into the league and I just wanted to WIN. I lost the fun in league racing because I was too ambitious. And it shouldn't be like that so I made the decision that I wanted to leave this German league and return to international ground - AOR, the best league in the world - on PS4 and with Project CARS, the most realistic racing game on this console. I came here because I expected to be slow! I wanted to have fun fighting for p7 and don't have to worry about my position. That was the original plan. I never thought of winning ANYTHING. When I was first in the time trial event I didn't think about it that much. Because I did not want to crash somebody in the first race I prepared myself for the races in Brno (3-4 hours) to know what I'm doing (I ain't Kimi Räikkönen :D). I had some practice, enough to be fast.. Surprisingly I totally dominated every session in Brno. At the first moment I thought I lag or something like that. It was just unreal. And now again I was really fast in Catalunya, I just don't know why. I had practice for 1 or 2 hours and didn't feel comfortable with my setup but I still managed to drive constant 25s.. My problem now is: Anything but the title would be disappointing, I honestly have to say that (like I told you, trying to be honest without sounding arrogant!). Now again I am getting too ambitious.. :D My plan failed. ^^ I really want to win season 1 but I'm going to ease off in season 2. I just don't want to put so much time into an online league. I want to make that clear: Being slow actually is a good thing! It means you have better things to do in your life. ^^ I'm just that little nerd sitting here and playing video games, haha. :D And of course you are not slow! Some of you dropped 25s too and that is superfast! I'm just really proud to be one of you because I think AOR is the top league world wide and we crown the real "world champion" of Formula B pCARS PS4. Thanks for reading. xD

You are damn quick mate. I promise I will speed up and try and give you a fun battle at Dubai :D

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Updated all the results, haven't put the times in yet I'll do them tomorrow to tired to do them all now. :)

AOR BiGGzY96

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jun 8, 2014
why have i got a DNS for the sprint race in spain @iJokeri22 i started and finished that race, wasnt a high finish but i did finish.

Reactions: Rug

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015

Seems like you had really good corner speed and straight line speed. I only had corner speed, but was well off the pace on a straight line.

Tigerkart_22

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
I'm second in the championship still? I'm not complaining

Being slow actually is a good thing! It means you have better things to do in your life. ^^ I'm just that little nerd sitting here and playing video games, haha. :D
Sadly I'm slow and I don't have much better things to do apart from karting :D