PC - AOR Formula B - Round 2 Circuit De Barcelona - 13/06/15 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula B - Round 2 Circuit De Barcelona - 13/06/15 8:00pm

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Round 2 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP
Formula Tier 2 - Season 1

Race Information:
Car class: Formula B
Race date: Saturday 13th June 2015
Lobby opens: 7:00pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Feature Race: 16 Laps
- Sprint Qualifying: 5 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Sprint Race: 10 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited:

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
Unfortunately, the last chicane of this track can be cut without penalty. Try avoid this in the qualifying and the race in the spirit of the fair play.

• Agree
Reactions: Hampus Soderberg

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
Funny or strange, but I do not know exactly. (If yes, I could win with a 2-3 tenth.) To be sure, when i was somewhat straightened the chicanes, i dont got penalty.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
You's should all now have the password for tonight. Let me know if you haven't.

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I don't know what to do for tonight. After signing up for the league I got my work schedule, I'm working every 2nd weekend and need to get up at 4 in the morning, race start at 10 at night (my time) which gives me not that much hours to sleep (4-5 hours). I didn't work last weekend but working this weekend...

Update

Not gonna race tonight for the reason above. :/ @AJ @Erti147

Last edited:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Do we know if the patched 1.4 game runs online with earlier versions?

I patched to 1.4 Thursday.

hope so!

moon10002

F1 Champion
Jan 21, 2014
I won't be able to attend the race as I will be at work. I will hopefully attend the next race and decide then based on my mc wheel whether or not to continue in this league

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Race 1: Backmarker brake checks me in first race nearly cost me the win with major steering damage for the last 5 laps, although my jump start will probably cost me it anyways.

Race 2: Jack runs wide at turn 1, rejoins track on top of me and I get steering damage from it. Cost me 1 second per lap. I attempted an overtake into turn 1 a few laps later, side by side into turn 1. I think he turned in on me and spun but I let him back thru since he went off.

I'm not really sure what to think of this league though. Nobody is motivated to turn up. Even the ones who do seem to not know when a car is about to lap them. Not happy.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
First race, I think apologies must got to @SteveRogers, I was along side but on too tight a line into turn 13 understeered to the left and pushed you towards(into I've not learnt) the barriers, I've looked back at my video and it's pretty obvious. Do what you feel necessary.
I did back off on the next lap, coz I didn't realise you were in the barriers, but all I did was let @ACR osiris32 (your teammate) through.

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
First of all, sorry for my bad english!

It is very disappointing for me that so few have come to the races. Last week 11, now 9. (9/11 conspiracy! :D) Where are the others who sing up for the league? In that form that's truncated race in any case. In addition, there are very large gaps, the first two plays totally different dimension, and the 3-4th also. The whole grid falls apart in two or three lap, i drive in a vacuum on the 3-4th. And the others far away behind me. :(

The sprint race was a great battle, but it does not seem typical.

• Agree
Reactions: Neil Bywater

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I was saying to Erti (and I don't know the answer) but I believe the time trial probably wasn't the best way to assess the abilities. I reckon we had good consistent drivers running without much game experience of pCars and the setups (probably didn't even realise you could change setups for time trial, it's not obvious) and they are down in Tier 2, where as we have some ex f1 lower league drivers, me included who realised how to setup the cars in garage before entering time trial), who got into Tier 1.

I enjoy the formula C cars and have raced in @MrDBZLiker socials with his league drivers and I'm similarly paced in their league, about 5/6th pace. There is a similar spread of times in that thread.

First week in Brno I was in a similar vacuum, but today had some good battles. Vacuums can always happen, but the low numbers and spread does make the chances quite high.

I think Saturday night might have a bit to do with the poor attendance, it's bit of a weekend killer if you have a real life social life, luckily I havent, because I'm and old fart.

Sure there will be learning lessons for future leagues, it's only 6 weekends.

• Agree
Reactions: El Nano

SteveRogers

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Apr 27, 2014
First race: Qualifying: 6th. Race: 6th. Start was decent, i got up to 5th after first corner and 4th by the end of the first lap. @Neil Bywater caught me on lap 5 and he had better pace than me so i had to defend pretty hard. On lap 6 I made a mistake in turn 13; I didn't realize he was alongside me and when I turned for the corner I turned into his car and went straight into the tyre barriers. I made a pitstop for repairs and I was held a long time in the pits.

Second race: I couldn't set a time in qualifying so I started from 8th. I gained two positions at the start but I braked too late for turn 4 and I went into the gravel trap and dropped to last place. Anyway, I finished the race 8th to take the last championship point.

Reactions: Neil Bywater

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualy 1: I couldnt finish any second timed lap cause i always closed the gap to someone, hence i couldnt get a decent qualytime.

Race 1: I wasnt comfortable in the first few laps, made a mistake that cost me few seconds, was a lonely drive. I only realised at the start of the second race that Raven used the yellow tyre, didnt know it was faster on this track, good call Raven.

Race 2: Turn 1 was my fault and im sry for it @Raven. We were side by side and i didnt know if u would leave me enough room so i tried to leave u room but went too wide doing so and came too fast back on the track. I didnt steer further to the left cause i feared to lose the car outside of the track. I accept any penalty. Ill upload my pov later.

Last edited:

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
No it's only a bug with the tires Jack. Everyone was using the yellow tire on my screen so I assume it was the same bug for everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: Jack1st

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Numbers are disappointing guys. We would of had a couple of more if it wasn't for last minute unfortunate circumstances but hey, 11 out 15 is still bad. People's dedication will be questioned. Yeah you're allowed to miss a race here and there as life's more important, but don't sign up unless you have the intention of racing every week.

We will look at the damage setting and discuss that as well ,seems other platforms have similar problems.

As for my night I binned it on lap 6 in Race 1 by losing a wheel. Race 2 was having a good fight with my teammate Neil, till I made a few mistakes in the last couple of laps and lost touch. Finished 6th there.