PC - AOR Formula B - Round 2 Circuit De Barcelona - 13/06/15 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula B - Round 2 Circuit De Barcelona - 13/06/15 8:00pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Mike Cooper

Semi-Pro Karter
May 3, 2015
I have to say I agree with Neil. I am well out of my depth here and spent the races trying to keep out of trouble.
Thanks to Erti for holding my hand thro the lobby process.
Again I agree with Neil re the setups. I'm really struggling with the format of saving setups. If Neil could do a little tutorial on saving setups that would really help. I had no trouble with GPL,GTR, GTL and Nascar.
Finally I really struggled to reproduce the pace I had in offline practice. In some cases I was 5 secs off my pace. Still wouldn't have put me much further up the grid but the car felt different, the steering controls seemed strange and I kept missing turn in points consistently. I have experienced something similar in other games. Its not all about tightening on race day. It feels like lag.
Did anyone else experience similar.
After saying all that I enjoyed myself, you guys are way better drivers than the AI LOL.

Oilseal

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
Finally I really struggled to reproduce the pace I had in offline practice. In some cases I was 5 secs off my pace. Still wouldn't have put me much further up the grid but the car felt different, the steering controls seemed strange and I kept missing turn in points consistently.
In this race I felt this perfectly. It was very strange. I did not understand why the car behaves very differently than when I practiced this week

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
It doesn't happen to me. Is it a PC performance issue, my PC can hold its own, but I'm on very low graphic setting and don't run full 1080, only 900 (albeit three screens wide at res 4000x900.

The extra cars make quite a difference on performance, at least in the F1 series.

Try running some races with AI and other online races, see if it feels good when it's just free practice/time trial, I.e. just you on the track as opposed to other many other cars.

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry i didnt attend, got held up in traffic.