PC - AOR Formula B - Round 3 - Dubai Autodrome - 20/06/15 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula B - Round 3 - Dubai Autodrome - 20/06/15 8:00pm

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
@sRede, any reason why you had your spin then decided to reverse across the track into my path and ruin my strong looking race within 1 lap?

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well that's sth to forget.

Bad feature quali, didn't get a decent lap in cause of traffic and mistakes. still 3rd.

Horrible feature race, got ahead of jack up to 2nd, I then turned in on him and just totally blew up. At that moment I thought the car was wrecked and didn't work, but as I have manual clutch it had just stalled, I realised this after a huge amount of time, I then climbed from 8th to 5th.

When i entered the sprint quali no inputs was working, couldn't control car and couldn't go to pause menu, had to exit.

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Had a good qualifying for feature but was jumped by Jack at the start which may be a jump start, I'll have to check the replay. Went for an overtake on the inside of turn 7 or 8 and he turned in on me. No reason to give the place back so I consolidated 1st taking the win.

Sprint quali, lost pole because of a FC car at the final corner, gutted. But oh well. Had a poor reaction and lost a bit of ground to Jack but quickly made it back up. Was getting very frustrated with his constant track extending and it eventually led to me making a mistake, spinning, and damaging the car. Race over.

The combined lobby isn't a bad idea, it has it's positives and negatives. I feel like the biggest problem today was some other people's driving behaviors being unsatisfactory more than anything.

• Agree
Reactions: ACR osiris32

sRede

Pro Karter
May 25, 2015
@sRede, any reason why you had your spin then decided to reverse across the track into my path and ruin my strong looking race within 1 lap?
I'm sorry about that, had some fps issues there, never played in a lobby with 15+ people. My screen froze for a bit mid corner, I lost the back, hit the wall. When I tried to reenter got another freeze =( I don't know the exact reason for the fps issues, race 2 was fine.

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
Is not it enough that I'm at a disadvantage setup, my wheel (DFP) was horrible. Sometimes, when downshifting the gear jumps directly into 1st. Sometimes it jumps from 4th or 5th into 1st and the car spining. I give a gift position to ACR osiris32 both races. Very frustrating…

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Qualy: Was pretty pleased with my pace considering i had only 1 hour of practice on this track.

Combining the two lobbies was the worst idea ever. There were too many cars in qualy.
First race first few laps i was having great battle with raven and race fanatic until he turned in on me, and yeah raven, i turned in on you in that turn cause i didnt see you coming, this game needs some positioning arrows imo. And btw, i didnt jumped the start.

Second race i was having a nice battle with @Raven until he spun, and no man, i extended the track maybe once or twice, dont know what u saw. Well then, the worst part of the race began. I had to overtake so many FC cars, and of course not all of them were paying attention. I went slower whenever i saw one of them, yet in the second half of the race one FC car managed to turn in on me in one of the slowest corners although i was as far as i could on the inside and almost standing still, cost me several seconds, but i didnt take any damage.
But then, last lap, first sector, the fast left right corners, an FC car looked like he was going left leaving room but then turned to the right so that i had to take the curb and turn to the right instead of going straight so that my car lost its rear end and i crashed into another FC car that was heaving a break at the wall. This time i got some serious steering damage and went from first to third place, although im not sure if that overtake due to a cut was [email protected] Nano, ill hand it over to the stewards.
What irks me is that i wasnt going slower this time for the FC car, i guess me the idiot wasnt 100% paying attention anymore since it was an easy win omg :rage:

And why the **** do the crashed cars not disappear? Why do they stay on the track, is that due ot the game or do the people have to leave the race and dont?

All in all, i wouldnt combine the lobbies again, too many people not paying attention.

Last edited:

ACR osiris32

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2014
Going for a gap in sector 1 is always a bad idea (and on the last lap with a commanding league).

Multiclass Formulas was a different but fun event. To be sure my races would have been boring if not for the traffic.

Some people need some lessons in multiclass racing. Sticking to your normal line and let the FB's pass in their own way makes you predictable a facilitates passing by the faster class.

Reactions: Bul_Knaters

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Lapping cars aint fun imo, its dangerous cause there are no blue flags and ruins the competition, its hard to find a good gap in qualy with so many slower cars, its more about having luck to get a good gap for at least 2 timed laps than just driving as fast as u can. And in the race you always have to be super cautios as the faster car and lose seconds by doing so, and if u are one time not so super cautios your race may be destroyed as mine was.
This way the FC cars cant focus on their race either if they have to pay attention to FB cars all the time which aint possible resulting in misunderstandings on the track.

Last edited:

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
I'm with both of you on multiple points.

I must admit I would hate to be an FB car trying to slice through but found it extremely fun in the second race and added a whole new dimension to the racing.

For the most part the FB drivers were pleasant as well (some exceptions..... Says me who was ranting after my first lap wreck).

I'm easy which ever way we go it. I also think we could make it less fancy and just have everyone in FB and have 19 drivers. That would also be awesome IMO.

One thing is for certain though, I really like racing in this game.

ACR osiris32

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2014
I do think Sprint Q is a bit short for multiclass Q. Maybe we could make it 10 minutes and each class gets 5 minutes.

Going back to split lobbies is not the way to go.

Multiclass formula racing is surely a unique form of racing that I have not seen elsewhere.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434895439][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is not it enough that I'm at a disadvantage setup, my wheel (DFP) was horrible.
Sorry but you were quicker than me and I am using the same set as Raven.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hoff and El Nano

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Is not it enough that I'm at a disadvantage setup, my wheel (DFP) was horrible. Sometimes, when downshifting the gear jumps directly into 1st. Sometimes it jumps from 4th or 5th into 1st and the car spining. I give a gift position to ACR osiris32 both races. Very frustrating…
Use tje setup posted in the race 1 thread and you have the same as everyone else...stop blaiming the setup and improve your driving.