PC - AOR Formula B - Round 4 - Willow Springs - 27/06/15 8:00pm | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC AOR Formula B - Round 4 - Willow Springs - 27/06/15 8:00pm

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Round 4 - Willow Springs International Raceway
Formula Tier 1 - Season 1

Race Information:
Car class: Formula B
Race date: Saturday 27th June 2015
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
Event format:
- Qualifying: 15 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Feature Race: 18 Laps
- Sprint Qualifying: 5 minutes
- Warmup: 5 minutes
- Sprint Race: 12 Laps

Notices:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the rest of the lobby settings that will be used, look here.

Save your replay: As a means of helping the stewards with any enquiries, all drivers are required to save their race replays and keep it stored for at least one week after the race has taken place. If you are involved in an incident or see something during the race that you feel needs to be investigated, you are free to make a stewards enquiry - however if enquiries are submitted without replay or race footage available, it is likely we can't do anything.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

[/QUOTE]

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
An interesting track. 90% on full throttle, it seems pretty simple, but in many places toss the car, somewhere very sneaky, so it is good to pay attention.

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
Win the best/fastest setups. What a surprise!

So... No setup sharing (for the curent track, no the old and unusable, like Brno...), so i out. Take me a blacklist, i dont care. This is not racing, some people make a top, unbeatable setup, given to few friend (2 or 3), and they take the first 3 place. Very exiting, very fair!

I thought, I find here a good team who do not abuse their knowledge of the setup and sharing them, but I was wrong .

Goodbye!

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

So... No setup sharing (for the curent track, no the old and unusable, like Brno...), so i out. Take me a blacklist, i dont care. This is not racing, some people make a top, unbeatable setup, given to few friend (2 or 3), and they take the first 3 place. Very exiting, very fair!

I thought, I find here a good team who do not abuse their knowledge of the setup and sharing them, but I was wrong .

Goodbye!
Instead of crying because you cant win a race or cant setup a car, why dont you actually use your brain and eyes and learn to setup a car, it explains all you need to know in the setup options and to be honest its more than jsut a setup that wins you races.

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Goodbye!
If goodbye means you quit you'll be blacklisted.

Everyone knew from the start how much difference a setup makes, but why should those who spend their time getting the car right to just hand you a setup.

Jack1st

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
I think the only one who rly knows how to make a superb setup is raven that he shares with his teammate. But as it was said several times now i also just pick that Brno setup and play around with it for an hour and thats it, do the same El Nano and you are fine. The problem of this league is the big difference in skill, there are only 4 people who can fight for the podium and the rest is just here and there on the track. That is why some people think that it would be more fun to drive with the FC cars, but i cant see anything funny about losing seconds behind some cars paying no attention to their back. I know that every FB car has to suffer from that but one has more luck and can pass a FC car on the straight and the other one is stuck in slower corners behind one.

Anyway, two decent qualys and races with some action. I dont know what happend in turn one last lap, i was always able to take that corner full throttle, i think i took a slightly wrong line.

10min35seconds = guaranteed heart attack :dead:

El Nano

Pro Karter
Mar 2, 2015
I do not care about the poor explanations and equivocations. I not debating. Pls delete my profile, and/or take me a blacklist, all the same to me. I wish you more and more nice setup-tournaments.

• Funny
Reactions: TyranoTigger

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
@El Nano has quit the leagues and will be placed on the blacklist.

In a PM he declared that setups are cheating, after members were reporting his PM's that he was sending to them. He also said he doesn't want to be part of this site anymore, because he wasnt given a setup.

@Erti147 @Du7cH

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
There are two distinct settings making the difference that are only possible because of the lack of mechanical damage settings being run in the league.

Applying these is not cheating because they are simple in game setup options. I don't blame people for not making the knowledge wide spread. I heard the ACR guys discussing these settings in the Teamspeak chat before qually at Dubai, I didn't do anything in that race as I didn't realise what an impact is had on top speed. Essentially it reduces drag drastically for no loss of downforce. You can all work this out if you put 2 and 2 together and look at all of the setup options and read the effect.

These settings clearly catapulted me towards the top of the charts at Willow Springs and my speed compared to others without the knowledge down the straight was very very obvious.

These two setting in my opinion are the step change in performance but there are still finer tuning options that the season ACR racers are using and I still think they'll have a deserved advantage even if we all had the knowledge.

This situation is no different to real Motorsport where Brawn GP gained a huge advantage for 6 races until the others caught up and passed them.

I will admit I was tipped off about these settings in the week but I will not betray the confidence in which I was given this information. If that person wishes to declare the information to the public in the interests of closer racing then please do.

• Agree
Reactions: acerees and Hoff

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
I will admit I was tipped off about these settings in the week but I will not betray the confidence in which I was given this information. If that person wishes to declare the information to the public in the interests of closer racing then please do.
Lol this ain't spy-gate

• Funny
Reactions: Hoff

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Are you talking about the radiator and brake ducts? That should have been pretty obvious to reduce those considering we aren't running mechanical damage.

ACR osiris32

Formula Karter
Jan 14, 2014
If you guys hear info that we chat about feel free to make it public knowledge. ACR has its own Teamspeak and if we wish things to remain private we wouldn't speak about it in a public lobby!

The base set we use is indeed the one shared. There are minor tweeks here and there but for the most part that shared set should be good enough.

Very sad that someone quit the league. He was competitive and were battling against 2 of the most skilled drivers on AOR, both being former Tier 1 drivers on their respective platforms. Sorry to say but you were out skilled not out done by a setup.

• Agree
Reactions: AJ

acerees

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Are you talking about the radiator and brake ducts? That should have been pretty obvious to reduce those considering we aren't running mechanical damage.
@Hoff here is another part of the set up Info I gave u. I am happy to share my whole set up for willow springs when u test this out as the brake duct / radiator only is a fraction of the time without everything else.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435562276][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are two distinct settings making the difference that are only possible because of the lack of mechanical damage settings being run in the league.

Applying these is not cheating because they are simple in game setup options. I don't blame people for not making the knowledge wide spread. I heard the ACR guys discussing these settings in the Teamspeak chat before qually at Dubai, I didn't do anything in that race as I didn't realise what an impact is had on top speed. Essentially it reduces drag drastically for no loss of downforce. You can all work this out if you put 2 and 2 together and look at all of the setup options and read the effect.

These settings clearly catapulted me towards the top of the charts at Willow Springs and my speed compared to others without the knowledge down the straight was very very obvious.

These two setting in my opinion are the step change in performance but there are still finer tuning options that the season ACR racers are using and I still think they'll have a deserved advantage even if we all had the knowledge.

This situation is no different to real Motorsport where Brawn GP gained a huge advantage for 6 races until the others caught up and passed them.

So it has been made public now so now is time to say that as you know the time in doing that is quite a lot for minor setting changes however I am also happy to share my exact settings I used in FC at willow springs but I did share the technique I used with you. By changing these other settings you gain time in the corner and this tbh is the major win! Some corners I was a half a second faster than @Hoff and that had very little to do with the radiator / brake duct settings!

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Well sort of, Lack of drag allows a higher set of wings for the corners. Just doing the ducts gave me an immediate 2 seconds. Perhaps I was already quick around the corners and just slow on the straights. That's how it appeared at Dubai, I couldn't understand why Raven was so quick in a straight line and still quick in the corners. Now I know what a significant part of that is and I'm happy.

I pretty much ran stock settings with the exception of the ducts and the advantage immediate.

A lot of Mercedes F1 speed is gained in the corners but only probably as a result of extra power in the engine allowing speed to be maintained in a straight line and also run crazy down force. It's sort of the same thing. Downforce without the penalty of drag will always be a huge advantage.

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
Well sort of, Lack of drag allows a higher set of wings for the corners. Just doing the ducts gave me an immediate 2 seconds. Perhaps I was already quick around the corners and just slow on the straights. That's how it appeared at Dubai, I couldn't understand why Raven was so quick in a straight line and still quick in the corners. Now I know what a significant part of that is and I'm happy.

I pretty much ran stock settings with the exception of the ducts and the advantage immediate.

A lot of Mercedes F1 speed is gained in the corners but only probably as a result of extra power in the engine allowing speed to be maintained in a straight line and also run crazy down force. It's sort of the same thing. Downforce without the penalty of drag will always be a huge advantage.
While setup does play a significant role in overall pace on this game, I'll reiterate what @ACR osiris32 said. Myself and @Jack1st are former Tier 1 F1 drivers. We would be on the same level no matter if we used default setup or not. That's something El Nano couldn't get thru his head.

Speaking for myself, I competed at the highest level in the Xbox leagues against a good percentage of the best drivers in the world (Season 5 grid). Part of my pace is setup, as no doubt every tenth you can find is crucial, but I'm not gonna stand for anyone trying to whittle down my, or Jack's, performances this season and suggest it's all down to setup. At least you are a bit more cerebral about it Neil than Nano, but I needed to say this as more a reality check to everyone maybe unaware of who we are and what level of competition we raced in prior to this league.

Here's all you need to do to the base Brno setup every week. Aero balance and gearbox (assuming brake ducts and radiators have been "closed").

• Agree
Reactions: Neil Bywater

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
In no way was I saying I'm in the same experience or ability bracket as the ACR guys and that it's all about setup (which I believe was Nanos thought). but I'm happy to be within 1second of your pace in TT at Willow Spring, Raven, but three or four seconds was just unexplainable to me on a simple track like Willow Spring, I'm no slouch, if not elite. I wondered where that big gain was and for me it was the cooling. The rest will be experience/ability and fine tuning, and I am quite happy with all of that.

How are we to improve if we don't mix it with the best.

It's all good with me. I have no issues.

I believe Nanos concern was more against my leapfrog of him in the TT at WS when I was a second or more back on him for all previous races. Perhaps it looked like I'd been given some secret info. It would explain a PM I got from him on Saturday morning which didn't make much sense to me until all of this nonsense kicked off.

Reactions: Raven