PC AOR Formula C League - Main Thread

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
7FVS1sr.png

AOR Project CARS Formula C
Main Thread

This is the main thread for the Formula C League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

● League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle @StephenCarry
● Race Host: @TicklishPicklewickle
● Back-up Host: @StephenCarry

Drivers and Teams:

Last edited:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member

Welcome to the Formula C league :)
Please everyoe make sure to choose your livery before the first race of the season in 3 days and, if you want, team up with one of your fellow drivers (note team mates have to run identical liveries due to a lack in the quantity of liveries for the car) :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Do we state what livery we're using here? If so I'm going to use Team Jancon Mobile #43
We have a seperate thread for that :p
But since you already wrote it here I'll put you down in that livery

OzDunder

Semi-Pro Karter
We have a seperate thread for that :p
But since you already wrote it here I'll put you down in that livery
woops, my bad, trying to navigate the forums :ROFLMAO:

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Driver update:

Let's all welcome @/CSR/ speedy.go to the party. Our first (kinda) mid-season sign-up. Make sure to pick your livery of choice before the first race of the season on Wednesday :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Alright then, tonight it all goes down and I wish everyone good luck for the first race of the season :)

As you should know by now, it's in the rules that it is mandatory to be on our official Discord server on the race night. To join the server follow the link below and click the invite link. Once you have joined the Discord server you need to go into the text channel called #game-assignment. Here you will find a post by our lovely MoBot where you will have to react to the post with the Project CARS reaction. This will give you access to all the Project CARS text and voice channels.
When it is time for the lobby to start, we will be in the voice channel called League Lobby 1. This is a push-to-talk only channel so you'll need to assign a button for push-to-talk somewhere that is easily accessible during the race. If you don't have a mic or simply don't wanna talk then that's fine as well. The main thing is that you can hear what others say. It'll be almost impossible for me to sort out the reverse grids for the main races if we don't have everybody on Discord listening. So very important that you get this working before the race tonight.

Now you're all set to go have some fun racing :)

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Driver update:

Welcome to @Voodoo72 who joins as the 22nd driver on the grid. If you are very fast you can pick a livery in the livery and team registration thread and be ready for the first proper round of the season tomorrow :)

Dayr Pfile

Semi-Pro Karter
@TicklishPicklewickle I was setting up the sprint race of the upcoming monza gp. It looks very dark in those formula C cars, as if the sun is quite settled already at 22.00. On some parts of the track it gets very hard to recognize other drivers in the side mirrors. The wheel display is also very bright, though there might be a button somewhere to turn it off. Before the next race we might have a look at it shifting it slightly more to the sunlight. There is still the possibility I made a mistake in setting up the conditions .. Thanks in advance.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
@TicklishPicklewickle I was setting up the sprint race of the upcoming monza gp. It looks very dark in those formula C cars, as if the sun is quite settled already at 22.00. On some parts of the track it gets very hard to recognize other drivers in the side mirrors. The wheel display is also very bright, though there might be a button somewhere to turn it off. Before the next race we might have a look at it shifting it slightly more to the sunlight. There is still the possibility I made a mistake in setting up the conditions .. Thanks in advance.
This is completely and entirely intentional :)

As we literally have all other rounds at the same time-of-day we decided to try and mix it up with a dark race. From my testing the track seemed lit up well enough for it not to be an issue. There are parts of the track with no lights whatsoever but those are on straights where light isn't really all that crucial anyway.
Idk, we thought it'd be a nice touch and a nice challenge. I guess if enough people sufficiently hate it we can do the same boring 17:00 slot as we do for the rest of the season :p

Dayr Pfile

Semi-Pro Karter
This is completely and entirely intentional :)

As we literally have all other rounds at the same time-of-day we decided to try and mix it up with a dark race. From my testing the track seemed lit up well enough for it not to be an issue. There are parts of the track with no lights whatsoever but those are on straights where light isn't really all that crucial anyway.
Idk, we thought it'd be a nice touch and a nice challenge. I guess if enough people sufficiently hate it we can do the same boring 17:00 slot as we do for the rest of the season :p
Thanks for clarification. I'm fine with it, just need to get used to :)