AOR Formula E championship update. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula E championship update.

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Sam Carpenter

Reigning rFactor 2 Monday League Champion
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Nov 16, 2017
Hi guys, we're still working on setup for the Formula E League.

As of now we are getting the Anti-Cheat sorted and looking for server funding. We might see a little delay and a calendar change, which will also mean we'll have more time to fill out the signups while we get a solution ready for our dedicated server.

Hope you guys can understand, thanks for reading.

Edit: We also want to find a way to lock the energy deployment to 200KW during the race, or find another way to reduce energy saving during the race because as of right now it is far too excessive how much energy we have to save.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lundqvistbro

Lukas G.

Junior Karter
Mar 20, 2020
i agree with the energy saving, i feel like i need to save like 3 times as much as they do in an actual formula e race :v thanks for the update!

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
Odd how Rf2 didn't lock the energy to 200 in the first place.

Lukas G.

Junior Karter
Mar 20, 2020
whats the latest news on it, will we start or will it be delayed ? id just like to plan my day no pressure i know this can be hard c:

Shentar

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 6, 2019
Does this delay mean that I can still sign up, or is it FARRRRR to late for that

willv

Formula Karter
Apr 1, 2018
What about getting some practice/test races going while the season is delayed?

Craig Baxter

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 7, 2014
Apologies for the lack in response guys, we have been hard at work trying to figure a few things out within AOR and speaking with other league coordinators.
Regarding the server setup, We are on track for having a new 24/7 server at the end of the month in order to have a perfect long term solution for various leagues in AOR.

We are still unsure of a solution for the energy management. We would prefer to not have entire races where everyone is forced to drive slowly to save energy which is what the current scenario would be due to the inability to lock the engine mode to 200kw for the race and 250kw for qualifying just like real life. Currently you are unable to lock it whatsoever so everyone would be running 250kw which is the fastest way to drive the car even with a lot of energy saving which would lead to some pretty boring races which is the last thing we want.

We are open to suggestions on this or if you are aware of any solution regarding the energy issue the mod has. Signups are still open for those wondering as well.

Thanks

Sam Carpenter

Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Nov 16, 2017
Apologies for the lack in response guys, we have been hard at work trying to figure a few things out within AOR and speaking with other league coordinators.
Regarding the server setup, We are on track for having a new 24/7 server at the end of the month in order to have a perfect long term solution for various leagues in AOR.

We are still unsure of a solution for the energy management. We would prefer to not have entire races where everyone is forced to drive slowly to save energy which is what the current scenario would be due to the inability to lock the engine mode to 200kw for the race and 250kw for qualifying just like real life. Currently you are unable to lock it whatsoever so everyone would be running 250kw which is the fastest way to drive the car even with a lot of energy saving which would lead to some pretty boring races which is the last thing we want.

We are open to suggestions on this or if you are aware of any solution regarding the energy issue the mod has. Signups are still open for those wondering as well.

Thanks
I don't really have much to add to this, other than the reason that signups are still open is because we still want to get going as soon as solutions are found for our 2 big issues - and people signed up who can do Saturdays in March, can probably do Saturdays in June too and it saves the farce of closing signups and forcing everyone to sign up for a 2nd time.

We don't have a solid date as to when we'll be able to get going, and although our delay is technically 'indefinite' we absolutely have plans to go ahead as soon as it is possible to do so - even if that means running energy-saving races or shorter ones.

Sam Carpenter

Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Nov 16, 2017
Well, as today is the decision date, and we have all of our gremlins fixed, it looks like we'll be going ahead with the series. I'll be redoing the calendar and signup thread in the next 2 or 3 days. Because it's been a while since the old signups opened, and some things may have changed for a lot of people, you will have to sign up again.

Look out for these posts in the next couple of days!