AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S10 - Round 2: Monza | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S10 - Round 2: Monza

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 10
Round 2: Monza

Information:
Date:
22nd June 2018
Time: 19:20 BST Practice, 20:30 BST Qualifying, approx 20:40 BST Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- F1 returns to France for the first time in 10 years. However, Monza is in Italy, so this is an irrelevant piece of information.
- Did you know, Italy is home to Europe's only three active volcanoes, Etna, Vesuvius and Stromboli. If there was a podium for active European volcanoes, they would always be on it.
- In comparison, the SimRC drivers finished 1,2,3 at Okayama in the feature race. This means that from now on, the SimRC drivers must be referred to only by their volcano names.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
I´m just wondering is there no public Discord chatter going on before or after the race like in other leagues? Coming into a championship as a newbie it´s always nice getting to know some people you´re racing with but I guess communication is done over ingame voice chat then? I noticed only after the Okayama race that I had it disabled which most likely was the reason for everyone being so quiet. ?

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
For some reason, a lot of people have the 'allteams' scanner turned off every time they join a session, even if they turn it on. But typically, I think most people don't typically have Discord chats, or if they do they're all part of a team.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Yep that´s what I meant and where "we" (people racing on AC and PCars) are usually on but when I was there last friday it was empty. ?

No worries though, I just wanted to make sure I´m not missing out on something obvious.

Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom

smilen

Semi-Pro Karter
May 20, 2018
Looking forward to this race, wrist is still all strapped up after last week, but I'm sure deep heat, a wrist strap and painkillers will get me through!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Weather:

66°F, Wind SW @ 7 MPH,
Atmosphere: 34 RH,
Skies: Partly Cloudy

• Informative
Reactions: Tomspeedx30

Josh Lad

Junior Karter
Jun 4, 2018
If I want to go for a cheeky 7:45 race, which will finish at around 8:30. Will i still be able to get in mid quali?

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
If I want to go for a cheeky 7:45 race, which will finish at around 8:30. Will i still be able to get in mid quali?
I can't actually remember how it works. If you can get in and actually do a lap in qualifying it's not the worst. Obviously we'd prefer you join from as early as possible, but as long as it's being taken seriously and you can get in for qualifying, which again I don't know if it's 100% possible, then I'd say it's probably fine.

smilen

Semi-Pro Karter
May 20, 2018
My game crashed during qualifying so started from the back. And then it crashed again after the crazy T1, so sorry to anyone who got taken out because of that, my game literally froze and then 0x0000000 crashed. I was driving along three wide on the way round to T2 and then freeze, crash. Absolutely rubbish.

Last edited:

Tommy-Tum

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2014
Firstly I want to apology for everyone I took out on the first lap in the Sprint Race. Got caught up with Bruno into turn 1. Still my opinion that I was very cautious and Bruno got a tighter line as I expected. Little netcode involved aswell. Apologies for everyone.

Reactions: David Buitelaar

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
First of all, shout out to @N1kmido for taking a maiden win in just 4 races! Always like it when we get new winners and it happened really early in the season! Here's hoping for more from some others. Also congratulations to @Osterkamp for destroying us in the feature. I think once @lukebarton made the small error at Ascari it gave you that gap and from there it never looked in doubt. Great job!

My race:

Qualifying: Best ever at Monza, qualified in 7th, but a little disappointed I couldn't hook it up. Had 2nd place on the cards, but as it's my best ever Monza qualifying I can't be too unhappy.

Race 1: Really, really good. Other than not being able to catch @Osterkamp towards the end (well, for most of the race), I felt really quite good. Felt very consistent, no real mistakes and was able to keep the gap behind me after there were some mistakes from those around me. @Kez real shame mate, 2nd place was on for either of us until that happened. Final few laps were intense as I was trying to hold off @Steffen Herrmann at the end of the race. We had very similar pace, so it was not easy and he put the pressure on heavily, so I'm very happy with how I was able to continue without making a mistake.

Race 2: Really really good up until the point @Josh Lad and I had contact. Looked like one of those ones with a little touch of the grass, but it was a real shame. However @Josh Lad, your use of the track over the white line down the start/finish straight is a breach of the rules which when signing up you should have read. You, and anyone else for that matter, that was caught doing that will have some form of penalty, severe or less so, coming your way. Other than that, I had some really nice fighting with @Osterkamp and @Scott Newton and also a bit of a battle with @tubsymalone for a small period of time until he lost it :'(. The whole race was about making moves quite nicely through the field. I think my favourite moment was early on, either lap 1 or 2, where I was able to pass 4 (maybe 5?) cars in a corner and a straight. I think there was one slow car, but I was able to get on the inside of Parabolica, which made it 3 wide and then able to get a good exit on the car ahead and then was able to pass @Erti147 down the straight, which certainly helped my race a whole lot. In the end, I'm definitely happy with 4th now the race is over, but was very disappointed that I didn't get 2nd which I think was definitely on the cars. 1st was possibly too far out of reach after everything, and to be honest, I think @N1kmido's pace was just too good for me to close the gap enough either way.

Overall, very good race night, it means I have finished 4th and 2nd and 2nd and 4th now, so... It's consistent! :)

smilen

Semi-Pro Karter
May 20, 2018
Congrats to @N1kmido - great job man. And commiserations @Rin Hato , just watched it back on the broadcast now. A real race of winners and losers this one.
Personally much happier after the Sprint, dead last to 11th! I'll take that. Felt like I had some real pace but got bottled up behind cars for too long to break into the top 10. Some nice clean movement up the pack, and getting lucky with everyone that fell off. Enjoyed that one, makes up for the hardware issues in the feature race (almost..).

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
I´m still trying to figure out what exactly happened. No doubt everything has played into my hands for 100% otherwise this wouldn´t have been possible but to win a race in such a competitive field still just feels incredible. Every lap I expected someone to appear in my mirrors but for whatever reason they kept staying clear. ?

Had a lot of fun in the first race as well where I was a bit short on fuel though. I tried to save some without losing too much time but ran out of juice exiting the last corner so I dropped one spot. Finishing in P17 I still considered that being an "ok" result as my pace in practice wasn´t awesome to say the least, guess no more words needed to say how much I got caught off by what followed next, simply unreal.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
I´m still trying to figure out what exactly happened. No doubt everything has played into my hands for 100% otherwise this wouldn´t have been possible but to win a race in such a competitive field still just feels incredible. Every lap I expected someone to appear in my mirrors but for whatever reason they kept staying clear. ?

Had a lot of fun in the first race as well where I was a bit short on fuel though. I tried to save some without losing too much time but ran out of juice exiting the last corner so I dropped one spot. Finishing in P17 I still considered that being an "ok" result as my pace in practice wasn´t awesome to say the least, guess no more words needed to say how much I got caught off by what followed next, simply unreal.
I DO 226 RACES AND YOU DO 4 GET TI **** DICKMIDO