AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S11 - Round 10: Belle Isle | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S11 - Round 10: Belle Isle

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 11
Round 10: Belle Isle

Information:
Date:
16th November 2018
Time: 19:20 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Detroit Grand Prix at Belle Isle - Belle Isle
Time of Day: Morning
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- Zandvoort saw a 10th different winner
- This post is late, like the American's during WW2... :D
- This track is like if Sebring's turn 17 was a whole track. Is bumpy yo.

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

Weather:

71°F, Wind W @ 10 MPH,
Atmosphere: 27 RH,
Skies: Clear

McPhilen

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I don't want to 100% confirm it, in case my reasoning is wrong (how long have we been doing this? You'd think we'd have figured it out by now) but I think that @Osterkamp has taken the title. Current point gap to 2nd is 119, and with 114 (I think) points remaining, and no matter what happens the total points that the drivers have now is the minimum they can get, so even with drop weeks, I believe it is now all done and dusted.

So, I'll say now a tentative congratulations to @Osterkamp, although I apologise if this isn't correct. :p

Reactions: Kez

David Santana

Pro Karter
Sep 13, 2018
nice fly Kerry, i saw you at broadcasting at this moment...woow!...

i didn't have no much time to test this track...lovely but bumpy track and don't like the bumpy tracks, but yesterday i enjoyed a lot. Have my better lap time at qualy, so far from the fastest guys but nice for me...starting from the back and like always i am very careful at starts...some incidents take me to middle positions and have a very good fight with Evan RT Imray, but in the pit stop he was faster and overtook me...i tried to overtake him but with no risk and in this track is hard to do so...we crossed the finish line very close...nice race Evan!!...i think you were lower than you usual level because you are much faster than me but have no time to train

in the sprint race, i have one driver each side and can't watch both at the same time, so i was hitted by Evan and spun, causing collision to several drivers, i apologize but cant do nothing to avoid that. I repair my car and back to race, to finish, just right behind Evan again, but this time lapped...

This is my first champ with all of you and have enjoy and learning with the best...thanks for that...

Want to send better luck to chris rigby which is a fast guy but have no luck latest races.

If Rene is champion, Congratz Rene!!!

Otherwise, forget that :)

Best regards to all...see you next race!

Reactions: Allyhaze

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
That was fun! Love the track but had some issues at first to find a decent setup. It got better and better with every lap though and eventually I got my best qualifying (P4) and feature race result (P3). Good racing with @Steffen Herrmann, he was putting the hammer down during the last 10 minutes after the pitstop. On every other track he surely would´ve got past me easily but on this track you mainly have to rely on the guy ahead making a mistake. Luckily I didn´t do him the favour. :)

In the end I´m still gutted because I threw away what was another potential podium in the sprint race by making one of those silly mistakes I managed to avoid all feature race long. Sorry to @McPhilen for getting caught up in this. I tried to make it a full 360 after the car started to spin, couldn´t quite do it. :confused: