AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S11 - Round 12: Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S11 - Round 12: Laguna Seca

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 11
Round 12: Laguna Seca

Information:
Date: 30th November 2018
Time: 19:20 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - Full Course
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- Well, this is it. The final race of the season and also the very final race in the Formula Renault 2.0, here at the track where it all began almost exactly 4 years ago. Who will take the final ever feature race win, and who will take the final ever sprint race win?
- As it is the final race of the Formula Renault, it is imperative that at some point there is a 4 wide at The Corkscrew.
- A final thing. Let's put on a good race for this final time in the Formula Renault, and send the car off in style. Let's keep it clean, but let's also give it everything out there. It's not the easiest circuit to pass at, so let's try not to be too silly with things. Anyway, have a good one all and it has been a pleasure! Looking forward to the F3!

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

Reactions: David Buitelaar

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys, sorry to throw this in your face on the final day of the season.

As you might remember, we raised a good amount of money at the start of the season to cover the cost of the GSRC broadcasts. This covered most of the season, but not all of it. £416 out of £565 to be exact.

This means we are £149 short of being able to cover the final part of the season, and I have been informed that the broadcast for tonight's will not be going ahead unless GSRC get the payment before the race, which is fair enough.

I am able to cover some of the remaining cost, but I would really appreciate if someone was able to help me cover it so that it would not be such a big blow to my personal bank account. So if you are able to contribute to any extent, here is the donation link: https://www.paypal.me/AORFisi

Hopefully we can get this sorted as it'd be a shame to not have the final FR2.0 race broadcasted! Thank you :)

@Leonarddd @David Buitelaar @Allyhaze @gsellitto @marti6pardo @Jordan McDonnell @Sisuvoima10 @santsuke99 @lukebarton @Patrick Kessler @Osterkamp @smilen @David Santana @Kez @Josh Lad @Connor Ryan @McPhilen @TheSmoun @Lubomir Moric @Chris Rigby @Tom Edwards @Jaskin71 @Tommy-Tum @Tim Matzke @Speedec @alexsplanet @Erkka Lindstrom @Erti147 @Steffen Herrmann @LucaV GPFun @Charlie9000 @Daniel Morris @Scott Newton @Loic Barbe @Alain T. @N1kmido @GCortese @Nick. @Alfredo Malo @heuer91

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Erkka Lindstrom

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys, sorry to throw this in your face on the final day of the season.

As you might remember, we raised a good amount of money at the start of the season to cover the cost of the GSRC broadcasts. This covered most of the season, but not all of it. £416 out of £565 to be exact.

This means we are £149 short of being able to cover the final part of the season, and I have been informed that the broadcast for tonight's will not be going ahead unless GSRC get the payment before the race, which is fair enough.

I am able to cover some of the remaining cost, but I would really appreciate if someone was able to help me cover it so that it would not be such a big blow to my personal bank account. So if you are able to contribute to any extent, here is the donation link: https://www.paypal.me/AORFisi

Hopefully we can get this sorted as it'd be a shame to not have the final FR2.0 race broadcasted! Thank you :)

@Leonarddd @David Buitelaar @Allyhaze @gsellitto @marti6pardo @Jordan McDonnell @Sisuvoima10 @santsuke99 @lukebarton @Patrick Kessler @Osterkamp @smilen @David Santana @Kez @Josh Lad @Connor Ryan @McPhilen @TheSmoun @Lubomir Moric @Chris Rigby @Tom Edwards @Jaskin71 @Tommy-Tum @Tim Matzke @Speedec @alexsplanet @Erkka Lindstrom @Erti147 @Steffen Herrmann @LucaV GPFun @Charlie9000 @Daniel Morris @Scott Newton @Loic Barbe @Alain T. @N1kmido @GCortese @Nick. @Alfredo Malo @heuer91
Follow-up on this:

@Tommy-Tum and I have covered the rest of the needed money by adding in £65 each, which means the remaining fees have now been paid to GSRC and we should have a broadcast tonight! Big thanks to Tom for this very generous contribution.

Still, that's quite a bit of money out of our pockets, so Tom and I would still appreciate any further donations to allow us to recoup some of that loss if anyone is able to.

Alternatively, you can all just let us finish on the podium tonight ;)

Cheers guys

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Some things I noticed, and some other stats:

- The final race of the season had the top 4 in the championship finish in the reverse order that they finished in the championship. It's also the first time that's happened. The closes was when this happened with the top 2 last season.

- Rene Osterkamp took the pole position trophy with 8 poles in 12 races. Nobody else got more than 1. Interestingly, 2nd place in the championship Patrick Kessler didn't get a pole position (more on this later). The other 4 were Valtteri Alander, Simon Grossmann, Phil Reid and Gio Cortese.

- Rene Osterkamp also dominated in the fastest laps trophy, taking 9 fastest laps, 6 more than the next closest driver. There were 7 different fastest lap takers, and the other 6 were: Charlie Summers (3), Phil Reid (3), Patrick Kessler (3), Valtteri Alander (2), Steffen Herrmann (1), Luke Barton (1).

- Rene Osterkamp also took the most wins, but this one was a little closer, taking 5 wins. He won 1 single race, 3 feature races and 1 sprint race. Interestingly, and going back to the point made about pole positions, Patrick Kessler took 4 wins, 1 single race and 3 feature races, all without taking a pole position in either of those races. Along with Simon Grossmann, SimRC took 9 out of a possible 12 feature/single race wins, but perhaps interestingly, only took 1 of the 10 sprint races. Most likely this is down to being too damned good in the feature races. The other feature race winners were: Valtteri Alander, Gio Cortese and Charlie Summers, all with 1 feature race win. Phil Reid took the most sprint race wins, with 3, with Rene Osterkamp, Valtteri Alander, Gio Cortese, Charlie Summers, Alexey Sirotkin, Lubomir Moric and Kerry Knowlden taking 1 sprint race win each.

- Gio Cortese took the only double feature/sprint race win of the season, and is only one of 4 drivers ever to do so, with the other 3 being Hugo Preto, Kerry Knowlden and Peter Berryman. This means over the course of 8 seasons of running the feature/sprint format, there has been an average of 1 double every two seasons.

That's all I have off the top of my head/read straight off the results/standing page. If anyone else has anything interesting about the season they'd like to share, please do! :)