AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S11 - Round 9: Zandvoort | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S11 - Round 9: Zandvoort

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 11
Round 9: Zandvoort

Information:
Date:
9th November 2018
Time: 19:20 GMT Practice, 20:30 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:40 GMT Feature Race, approx 21:30 Sprint Warm Up, approx 21:40 Sprint Race

Remember to let us know in advance in the absence PM if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track:
Circuit Park Zandvoort - Grand Prix
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: To be updated in comments

Stuff:

- Currently this season has seen 9 different winners. Will Zandvoort have a 10th?

Standings:

Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Tier Championships

Results to the tier championships can be found here, in the main results page

alexsplanet

Pro Karter
Mar 4, 2018
That's incredible, just incredible. 6 race in a row I am damaged by somebody and in 4 of this 6 races my car totally destroyed on first lap, because somebody crash to me. I already do not try to attack on firs laps and keep in mind that's there are some crazy drivers around, but it does not help at all :( What is wrong with you? Why are you not able to drive clean and safe? Dive bombing, driving over the limits and no respect to other drivers are the main reasons of these situations. Another week of preparation and evening is just a waste of time.

I stopped to create stewards inquires because it is absolutely useless. People continue to do what they do always.

Last edited:

Allyhaze

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 28, 2018
Totally agree. I enjoy Detroit but i'm not looking forward to next week. Both my races ruined dodging/notdodging incidents. Sorry to summers didn't see ya until it was too late(sprint).

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Qualifying and feature race: Pretty much as expected. Was hoping for a little more in the qualifying, but knew 4th was the best in the feature (well, really it should have been 5th but @Kez got an unsafe pit entry).

Sprint race: This one was a bit of an odd/off one for me. I had 3 separate incidents, all of which I feel can be argued 'in my favour' so to speak, but still there were 3 incidents, which more than likely could have been avoided by just taking a little more caution. The issue is is each of them I feel like I was cautious enough. Other than those incidents, the actual race was great, it felt amazing to be battling, as I always love doing here, and even fighting through the 'slower' cars was way better than usual. There was actually a need to fight which was a lot of fun.

But yeah, going back to those 3 incidents, I'm genuinely not sure what else I could have done. I felt I was being cautious enough, braking early, leaving room, or even just taking my normal line at a slightly slower pace, and yet there were 3 incidents. Arguable, the incident with @David Santana could have been avoided by me not being in that position, but once I was there I don't feel like I was given enough room, even if it's not a traditional overtaking spot. The incident with @Connor Ryan was annoying as he blinked out and then back into existence right in front of me. I thought the gap was slightly bigger, but even with the blinking I broke earlier than I normally do there, but even with that it wasn't enough. The contact ended up being, on my side at least, about 20-30 cm of netcode. The incident with @Osterkamp is the most annoying from my side. It was mostly due to a different approach to turn 6, where I take a faster in and tighter line, and Rene took a wider but slower in for a better exit. The problem was that the entry speed difference was far more than I was expecting, which mean I didn't have enough time to try to stop the contact from happening.

Either way, sorry to all people involved in those incidents. Like I say, I feel I did pretty much everything right in those situations, but wonder if maybe more could have been done. I don't know, I feel there's being cautious and too cautious. Oh well, on to the next one.

David Santana

Pro Karter
Sep 13, 2018
hey @McPhilen , i have seen the replay, and see that i must gave you more room...very sorry for that, not my intention close the door that way...i am very sorry for @Allyhaze that was involved in the incident...sorry both.

I think i have been clean with all fights at sprint race, and give room when trying to overtake me. Its hard for the drivers on the back to be on the front and see the fastest guys pushing hard to pass and try to did my best...

have a very good battle with connor ryan, nice race mate ;-)

@alexsplanet @Allyhaze dont give up mates...you are a great drivers...calm down and come back next week to give all of us a masterclass...bad streaks ever ends, and in all the champs i have raced, there are incidents...but bad streaks ends if you drive, not if dont...(@Rin Hato this is for you too!)

Connor Ryan

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2017
The incident with @Connor Ryan was annoying as he blinked out and then back into existence right in front of me. I thought the gap was slightly bigger, but even with the blinking I broke earlier than I normally do there, but even with that it wasn't enough.
Sorry about that Phil. Shame about the blinking/netcode, and a shame it happened at that time too, so sorry about that. Either way just one of them incidents and not a lot that could be done.

@David Santana good racing in the feature! Nice clean battle :)

Erkka Lindstrom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2014
Feature race start was a mess... heading to t2 there was pretty tight pack around me and suddenly thomas edwards slowed a big time and even we had some space between i couldn't avoid him. This moment i had one car inside of me and tried to keep it safe... after thomas slowed and we touch i almost thought we're clear but obviously he loosed the rear after that bumb and collected me and other to the pile. Tried to have a few words with him after race but no answer, don't really know why he slowed like that in turn 2.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Spun like 4 times in the feature race - I always have a problem here braking, ended up 15th, should have been like 11th/12th but oh well

Sprint race though I made a few moves and led the race for a few laps. The way the race was going I thought I might be able to win but at that point there was still 10 laps to go....let Kerry past and couldn't hold off Kessler...luckily there was an incident behind and then was able to fend off Loic for the podium - again another good haul of points

Through all this I still have these ongoing PC issues, that make it look like its my internet but it's not...my latency bar flickering red for half a second

Reactions: David Buitelaar