AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 1: Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 1: Laguna Seca

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
So much practice, so little pace :(
well I think it's all about staying on track and out of the melee....the damage model is insanely harsh....and that dirt on track is bloody tricky....so i am curious how things will unfold tonight :D

46 laps is quiet a looooooooooooooooong race with that slippery corkscrew...

J-F Godin

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 1 Champion
Apr 28, 2015
Meanwhile season 1 champion Jean Francois Godin ( @J-F Godin ) was leaving the rest of the field in the dark about his pace while he decided to do no laps at all.
@Lorrentz I was at work so was not able to practice and still did not run a single lap this week so don't expect much from me lol

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
First lap, someone hits someone else and I am stranded.

Business as fucking usual.

• Agree
Reactions: Lorrentz

frejo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2015
Wow, that was bullshit from my side. Not intentional (obviously), but I sure made a mess out of things there in turn 3. I should be better than that. Sorry to all involved. Then just to spin in the cork screw and **** up Florians race too. Sorry again. To top it of I had my iRacing chat set to the Terrapin-Tortoise channel so I wasn't even able to apologies in-game. I'm going to bed.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lorrentz

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Spun on the same lap as Gunar, then on the next lap my computer bricked itself and I had to pull over to fix it. Then I spun a couple of times pushing too hard to catch up. Then completely stacked it.

All in all a successful night.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Pretty annoyed. Sure, whatever happened on lap 3 happened, but I was just chasing my tail the whole time from there. I broke my front wing trying to avoid a spinning car so had to pit earlier than scheduled but it wouldn't have mattered anyway as my rear wing got changed in the pit stop and cost me a minute in repair time which dropped me behind cars that were a lap ahead. When I finally got some air I tried to claw some time back to Phil who was a few seconds up the road, hoping to maybe capitalise on 'lapping' some of the cars ahead, then crashed again on my own before any of that plan could be started.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
that was TERRIBLE. Fucking 30 degrees celsius in my house...

Chris made a small mistake in that horrible lefthander which scared me and I fucked it up even harder, spun/crash, wing change and not enough fuel to finish.

So 30 laps of shortshifting, coasting and driving about 2 seconds of pace was needed to finish.... some how only managed to lose 2 places.
Anyway, after not driving for almost a week because of the heat wave in Holland (We dutch always hate the weather, no matter what it is), surprised my pace was still pretty good. P7 is where @WCHpon3 predicted I would finish, so here you have it mate ;)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Damage at turn 3, had no pace after that, quickly got cycled back through the leaders and then it just wasn't worth continuing. I was lapped by pretty much everyone before even lap 16.

Pretty gutting start.

Shoutout to @The Genius, genuinely out-paced me tonight and he scored points so fair play.

Also @Lorrentz, for christ sakes man, you scared the crap out of me at the corkscrew. OF ALL THE LAPS TO GET IT WRONG!

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
P12 with no pace :D :D

Whole idea for this race was to capitalise on the incidents ahead and be as cautious as possible (I let through all the gang on the Skype chat at one point I'm fairly sure) and get the bonus point if possible. Luckily I found myself in the mid 19's most of the race that I wasn't being lapped or "fighting" and that was good enough to let me have a boring race with no incidents. I'll take it!

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
I am very sorry about that hit Kerry, for a split second i thought that i can go inside there but then you turned in. I did brake but it was too late. It was otherwise a 0x race for me.
Bad race and quali, only good thing was those last 10 laps.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Could maybe have accidentally sneaked into the top 10 with a mistake-free race as I got into a good position due to lots of people having incidents and then was holding station ahead of @Ryan Walker even though he was probably slightly faster than me. But then 3 major spins in the middle part of the race ended that chance and put me behind @Browneskiii (ffs) and @Erti147 (ffssssssssss) who I just couldn't pass before the end because I'm **** (although he defended well tbf).

Congrats to @McPhilen on your first pole in the FR2.0, and @lokitekki on your debut win (although I heard you had some drama with @Kptk92 at some point :nailbiting:)!

Cya all in the wall next week <3

Nathaniel Simpson

Junior Karter
Aug 30, 2016
Can't believe I finished in the top ten :woot: well chuffed with that, despite probably lucking into it due to incidents in front of me. Fairly clean race except for one back marker who didn't want to move over and a spin at the corkscrew a few laps from the end. Doh! Great racing guys, looking forward to next week where reality will probably kick in. :)

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
So....eventually my best season start so far whahahaha hows that for a fact with a nightmare race LOL...

Q: did my de rijk special with absolutely nailing all 4 laps.....offtrack :D so i had a wonderfull view from the back of the grid :D

R: had an oke start gaining 2 places off the line instantly and then the first hairpin i had time to read the newspaper since everyone was taking it beautifully carefull....and then turn 3 showed up which had the best domino effect ever seen!!!!

It was @Browneskiii who was on the outside of @Robert Plumley so robert had to brake a little bit harder than normal...clearly @frejo wasnt expecting that hitting robert from behind...and then @Hoff Luke ws white ran into fredrik his rear....and then @StevieSQ hit luke in the rear...and luke bounced to the left and i couldnt avoid his car anymore so my front wing was understeering towards china and back...car was undriveable so i tried a couple of laps but i lost so much time so decided to box...them i got a 11 seconds repair so i was 32 seconds behind the back of the field allready....

I gained hard on the guys in front running 19.3's and then i came behind @StevieSQ and i braked to hard for the corkscrew and i was litteraly flying down the hill lololol luckily i got away with it no damage and could continue.... @StevieSQ sorry i scared the **** out of you lol i shat my pants also hahahahahha

After that phil was allready coming towards my back so i let the front runners past and try to do some consistent pace...mainly did 19 low to 19 high laps....but unfortunately i had to pit again 10 laps before the end because i ran out of fuel....so in the end it brought me p15....well at least some points but probably a drop week in the end....better put in some banker in q next time :D

Race start around 1 hour 13 minutes

[DOUBLEPOST=1474062285][/DOUBLEPOST]
that was TERRIBLE. ****ing 30 degrees celsius in my house...

Chris made a small mistake in that horrible lefthander which scared me and I ****ed it up even harder, spun/crash, wing change and not enough fuel to finish.

So 30 laps of shortshifting, coasting and driving about 2 seconds of pace was needed to finish.... some how only managed to lose 2 places.
Anyway, after not driving for almost a week because of the heat wave in Holland (We dutch always hate the weather, no matter what it is), surprised my pace was still pretty good. P7 is where @WCHpon3 predicted I would finish, so here you have it mate ;)
Only 30? It felt like 45 at my place hahahaha damn....luckily the heatwave is gone now....next week i can just crash into turn 1 and watch the race on twitch with an ice cold beer :D

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I GOT A POLE. Not really sure how, or why, but damn that felt satisfying.

The race itself was pretty quiet. I did my laps whilst others got caught up and was able to just keep lapping, nice and consistent at a decent pace, and I seemed to be pulling away. And then I had my spin at the kink and that hurt. I tried really hard to catch back that time to try not to fall behind @lokitekki but ended up just behind. In that push to try to stay ahead, I got to the incident limit and that was pretty much that. Just trundled around and finished 2nd. Before the weekend, I would have absolutely taken that. I wasn't expecting to even be in the top 8 and then I just found pace from somewhere. The conditions seemed to suit me completely which helped a lot. But, after getting pole, I'm not 100% happy with 2nd, but still very pleased.

Hopefully I'll get a first win soon, maybe next race. *checks calendar*.

Nope, not winning that one.

Congrats to Jouni once again for a debut win. A shame for the contact with @Kptk92, but hey ho. Looks like it's going to be a good season!