AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 1: Laguna Seca | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 1: Laguna Seca

Jawsome

Junior Karter
Oct 28, 2015
Well, first race went pretty sad. :(. Quali went really good with a new PBinto 14th. Race was horrible though after the first few laps i was in 12th or smth and spun out in the corkscrew putting me into 20th. few laps later as i tried to come back i got caught by @frejo that spun out in the exact place as me a few laps before and it was impossible to dodge him in the corkscrew. my front wing and front right tyre died and i couldnt even make it to the pits. game over :D hope bathurst goes better, if i get a spot as a reserve as it is my favorite track. Good race to everyone. hope to get a spot for as many races as possible this season :)

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Maybe had 20 laps of practice before qualifying, okish lap but had another half a second in me a reckon

Somehow escaped damage at Turn 3 by being on the outside and getting a clobber from @Hoff who was out of control. Looked like there was gonna be a race long fight with @Browneskiii and possible @FisiFan91 in the early stages but I spun a couple of times , losing around 15 seconds. Much of the middle part of the race was spent alone just putting in the laps.

Luckily @FisiFan91 had also made mistakes, unaware to me as I didn't pit till quite late. Came out 3 seconds ahead, then we got to the last 10 laps. With like 5 laps to go, as I tried to hang on to 13th for dear life, @StevieSQ turned into my engineer saying there was 4 minutes left, but there wasn't as we increased the time limit to 1hr 10 lol.

I defended successfully from Knut and won the race (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: The Genius

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
as I tried to hang on to 13th for dear life, @StevieSQ turned into my engineer saying there was 4 minutes left, but there wasn't as we increased the time limit to 1hr 10 lol.
I think what we established here was that I am as good at driving as I am at racing.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
and here's yesterdays story caught in images...

if you take your binoculars you might see mee...

fisi taking some odd line there....maybe he was hinting phil how his fellow countryman was called again....yes it is Odd... @FisiFan91

here starts the melee....

here we go.... @frejo @Robert Plumley

clang! bash! ouch! @Hoff

it was the only car flying around the track....sorry stevie @StevieSQ

the eagle has landed....no damage??? wait whutt??? new damage model my ass!!

robert you lost your nose......and your car apparantly... @Robert Plumley

sneaky pass while phil was lapping us... sorry again stevie @StevieSQ @McPhilen

me and the race winner in one shot....unfortunately it wasn't on the same lap let's say lap 46... :D @lokitekki

rene is a copy cat !! :D @Osterkamp

who's that spinning it...??? wait is it???

yes it was Phil @McPhilen

the end of the godfather....R.I.P. @Kptk92

lunch break!! i was so freak'n hungry !

well steve that was plenty plenty plenty of room you left me there for p15... @Steve Kagerer

I said just...yes just enough I meant!! @Steve Kagerer

really??? the finish line??? in a first race of the season???

unfortunately for me this was in the cooldown lap after the race :p :D @Osterkamp @Patrick Kessler

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
and here's yesterdays story caught in images...

if you take your binoculars you might see mee...

fisi taking some odd line there....maybe he was hinting phil how his fellow countryman was called again....yes it is Odd... @FisiFan91

here starts the melee....

here we go.... @frejo @Robert Plumley

clang! bash! ouch! @Hoff

it was the only car flying around the track....sorry stevie @StevieSQ

the eagle has landed....no damage??? wait whutt??? new damage model my ass!!

robert you lost your nose......and your car apparantly... @Robert Plumley

sneaky pass while phil was lapping us... sorry again stevie @StevieSQ @McPhilen

me and the race winner in one shot....unfortunately it wasn't on the same lap let's say lap 46... :D @lokitekki

rene is a copy cat !! :D @Osterkamp

who's that spinning it...??? wait is it???

yes it was Phil @McPhilen

the end of the godfather....R.I.P. @Kptk92

lunch break!! i was so freak'n hungry !

well steve that was plenty plenty plenty of room you left me there for p15... @Steve Kagerer

I said just...yes just enough I meant!! @Steve Kagerer

really??? the finish line??? in a first race of the season???

unfortunately for me this was in the cooldown lap after the race :p :D @Osterkamp @Patrick Kessler

WHY ARE WALDO AND I NOT SHOWING IN OUR NEW LIVERY TO YOU?!

• Agree
Reactions: The Genius

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
This livery is very clear for me so I can avoid crashing into it :D haha don't know m8...I will try some trading paints refresh next week...
CLEARLY NOT YOU TRIED TO KILL ME IN PRACTICE DIVING UP THE INSIDE INTO THE CORKSCREW AT A MILLION AND THEN IN THE RACE YOU CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL! :p

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
CLEARLY NOT YOU TRIED TO KILL ME IN PRACTICE DIVING UP THE INSIDE INTO THE CORKSCREW AT A MILLION AND THEN IN THE RACE YOU CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL! :p
I failed on both occasions....i'll try again in Bathurst ok? :D

Lewis

Pro Karter
Dec 8, 2014
Not an ideal race at all.

Managed to spin at different places on 3 of my 4 qual laps, so only got by with my ultra safety lap. Lucky for me I was just excited to be racing again so I didnt really care about the poor placement.

Turn 3 came pretty quick and I wasn't expecting the valet parking job through the apex. This caused me to juuuuuust clip someones rear diffuser (watched half a dozen times from his cockpit and I can't even see the moment it happened), forcing me into an immediate spin after I got on the brakes to strong and to late whilst turning.

I spun off the track quite clean but was sitting in a tres vulnerable position on the grass..... had to wait for everyone to pass before attempting to rejoin. Unfortunately a bunch of other cars had some miscalculations and unlucky for me I was in the direct path of @Robert Plumley who did a baseball slide reenactment directly into my side pod. We both tangled trying to get back on track and my car felt funny which forced me to box.

Came back out 40 seconds behind and the car still felt weird so I nursed it around Lap 2, boxed and shut it down.

Reactions: Robert Plumley

Ryan Walker

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2016
I have to say I enjoyed last night and looking forward to the rest of the season.

Aim for my first race on AOR was just to keep out of trouble and survive and managed to qualify in 15th place which I was pretty happy with.

Plan for the race was just to keep out of trouble and finish. Early stages of the race I decided to settle down into a groove and just follow the quicker people in the early stages of the race and pick up any positions I could when other people made mistakes which seemed to work.

Had a nice battle with @FisiFan91 for a few laps before he spun right of front of me which made me crap my pants then decided to put the hammer down and push like hell before the pit stop which I screwed up by putting to much fuel in.

From then on it was just a quiet race in 10th place and decided to just cruise to the finish to finish in 10th and pick up points on my debut.

Now on to the awesome Bathurst next week :-D

Last edited:

Brinkk

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 12, 2014
Disappointing debute. Not enough practice resulted in poor speed. Also had to be careful during the race when I had problems with the internet (was at my parents house).
Focusing on getting much stronger back next week, with fiber connection :)

• Friendly
Reactions: FisiFan91

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Back to racing back to normal :D

Great start, good 1st lap, 2nd lap i dipped a wheel in the sand that took me off, multiple F ups cost me any chance of a decent finish. One of these days I'll have 0 inc again :whistle:

Edit- might have turned in a bit early on JFG. Sorry about that man i guess i got a bit excited at the thought of passing you

Well done to the podium finishers.

• Friendly
Reactions: J-F Godin

Nathaniel Simpson

Junior Karter
Aug 30, 2016
Hi all, just letting you guys know tha I'm going to be missing Week 3 Road America. So my space is up for grabs. Hope you are all well?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
So I can't record. My recording software has decided it doesn't want to record iRacing at all. Which is frustrating.

So I'll do pictures because there's little else I can do. And as very little happened in this race for me, here's a couple of pictures of the new Team Terrapin livery alongside the Tortoise boys.

2016-09-20_21-19-36.jpg
2016-09-20_21-20-35.jpg