AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 11: Sebring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 11: Sebring

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 3
Round 11: Sebring

Information:
Date: 25th November 2016
Time: 19:30 GMT Practice, 20:40 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:55 GMT Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Sebring International Raceway International
Laps: 26 laps
Weather: Dynamic
Time of Day: Late Afternoon

Standings:
Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
This track is the worst american track ever made...after two laps i get a headache of that bouncy frontend of the car.....i feel really sorry for the guys with an oculus :D

Also i predict the biggest qualy gaps ever...pole 56....last spot 2:06... :D

Sebring (n):(:spitoutdummy:

• Disagree
Reactions: Tekesh

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
This was a great track when we raced in the SM. Produced one of the best highlight vids with brunners cone killing.

Knowing which bumps to avoid will be key here :D

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
So does anyone want recommend me a new wheel?
I was just doing some practice and all of a sudden I hear this loud bang (heard it over the engine noise and music, with my headphones on) and suddenly I can't change gear at all. I just opened the wheel up and the plastic where the gear lever is attached has broken completely off and is now unusable. Just perfect...:cry:

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
I am running a chairty for the homeless in my area which has really taken off. Quite simply I will not have the time to get to grips with another new track so I wont be here.

Apologies.

Edit: This is a Christmas time appeal so wont be ongoing after that just FYI.

Last edited:

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
I was just doing some practice and all of a sudden I hear this loud bang (heard it over the engine noise and music, with my headphones on) and suddenly I can't change gear at all. I just opened the wheel up and the plastic where the gear lever is attached has broken completely off and is now unusable. Just perfect...:cry:
Thrustmaster T300 RS + F1 wheel add on. Very cheap for the quality you get there and coming from the G27 its a huge step forward. Or if money doesnt play a role Leo Bodnar SimSteering 2 :)

• Agree
Reactions: Erti147

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Thrustmaster T300 RS + F1 wheel add on. Very cheap for the quality you get there and coming from the G27 its a huge step forward. Or if money doesnt play a role Leo Bodnar SimSteering 2 :)
I wouldn't recommend the T300...I had one and my brother also had one... after a while it will start with random button mashes on the steering wheel...so if you have your pit limiter assigned to a button the car can go into the pit limiter at random....my brother has the same issue and I read more ppl have this issue...

don't know about the new fanatec wheelbase the Elite...it is much cheaper than the CSW v2...maybe a good alternative...or just the G29 I heard good stories about that also..

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
I wouldn't recommend the T300...I had one and my brother also had one... after a while it will start with random button mashes on the steering wheel...so if you have your pit limiter assigned to a button the car can go into the pit limiter at random....my brother has the same issue and I read more ppl have this issue...

don't know about the new fanatec wheelbase the Elite...it is much cheaper than the CSW v2...maybe a good alternative...or just the G29 I heard good stories about that also..
I never had a problem with mine.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I have the G29 and it's pretty good. You might be able to find a second hand T500RS on ebay for a good price, but quality is kinda mixed for Thrustmaster ones, or at least the cheaper wheels. Fanatecs are pretty expensive.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
and the thursday practise results....

- Where gunar Rage quitted cuz he couldn't get into the 56's....
- Where Kerry finally found out that he got his brake settings gone ever since he got his loadcells...
- Where I finally got told I am a bad driver and I agreed :D
- Where I needed a million laps to finally got some sort of pace
- Where half of the field will crash out of the race tonight...

So there's only one question remanining.... wil @FisiFan91 crush the all time record of @Steve Kagerer tonight??? :D

Reactions: Minimariner

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
I am away from home next week so that means that this race is my 86th and last race for now. I scrolled a bit through the S1 sign ups and found my first post here
aor sign up.PNG

Dec, 3 2014 - 2 years next Saturday unbelievable. If someone would have told me this day that i am doing 86 races here and only miss 7 races in the time of 2 years i am sure my girlfriend would have killed me instantly :).

Thanks @FisiFan91 and @Kptk92 for hosting the races every friday. Thats quite a amount of money you spend for hosting the races every friday. Thank you

I want to mention the drivers who did the first race with me and still driving here: @Kptk92, @McPhilen, @FisiFan91 ,@VICSALT , @Robert Plumley , @Leister-Meister and Jordan Howson. Thank you and of course everyone who signed up during the seasons and stayed here longer than for 1 or 2 races. I think my table gives a great overview of the drivers who are the ones you can build a league with.

Special thanks to @Erti147 and @frejo for hosting the thursday practices every week. That was a great opportunity for people who have not much time for practice during the week.

Also great that i was able to meet @Bruno Domiter , @Osterkamp , @Patrick Kessler , @Christian Koch , @Leister-Meister in real life and i am really looking forward to 2017 because we continue our meetings next year. (another track day + sim expo 2017).

As i am typing this right now i am already looking forward for more races with you here at AOR but for now i take a break ( which i need after 8 seasons straight) try out this BSR in January and see how it goes there and then in S2 2017 lets see if the 3.5 comes out and is enjoyable to drive and if i am not dominating the BSR series i am really looking forward to reunite with you guys and have many more seasons here.

For today i hope that i will not crash out in Lap 1 (like kerry last year in suzuka :) ) and make this last race another great friday like the last 85 before.

Thanks and see ya

Last edited:

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
This will be my last race of the season. Off to Reading again next friday for an early Christmas party (work) and then off to NY on saturday (work again). Tough life

Reactions: McPhilen

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
@Mitti87 I wish you luck for your final race (for now)!
4th on the all-time list and as you say 86 races shows you've been a great asset to the league.
Enjoy your break :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Mitti87

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
Thanks for the tip @Mitti87 and @Rin Hato . If I could justify the cost I would get a DD wheel right away, but at the moment I can't :greedy:, so I had a look at the t300rs amongst others and it looks like a solid wheel although that f1 add on wheel is a bit too much for now :p, so I will probably just get the "base" pack now and maybe I will upgrade later. Hopefully problems like @Lorrentz mentioned have been rectified since I guess its been a while since he bought the wheel. The g27 has been a good wheel, though there has been a few annoyances over the last couple of years so trying something new should be good!

In the meantime I'll be using buttons for gears so I'm sure I will miss some gears today :nailbiting:. Lets hope it doesn't end in tears!