AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 11: Sebring | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 11: Sebring

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I ended up getting the G29 because the pedals have a clutch, the ones the T300 comes with or used to come with didn't so I'd have to get another set. G29 is pretty good so far.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Yeah, I've heard. But reminder that the G29 was like £280 on release, luckily Currys did a £100 off sale lol. I was wanting a T500RS or Fanatec CSR/Porsche set but couldn't find one on ebay cheap enough.

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
This Race: Silvasti - 22, Knowlden - 4
This Season: Silvasti - 197, Knowlden - 48, Reid - 45, Nijenhuis - 43, Koch - 30, Mittner - 17, Osterkamp - 8, Godin - 2
Total Laps: 390

Records Update
Martinsen breaks the Consecutive Race Finishes record (now 26)!
Knowlden has led 700 laps in total!

Edit: Also congrats to Michael for the podium on your last race :)

Last edited:

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Pretty decent result for what was really a pretty big disaster of a race, but it was relatively fun for the most part.

Qualifying awful, only got a slow banker lap in which I had a massive slide through the final corner.

Race started amazing, made a few positions but then had a net code with @J-F Godin which was unfortunate. I got damage from it, I guess Jean did too which sucks completely. After that, it was stay out until the pits and try to make a mistake... Which I promptly did with a spin, which lost me a lot of positions and time. Came into the pits early, filled to the brim and then went on as much of a push as I could to the end, and it actually ended relatively decent with a 7th position finish, although I was definitely helped by the misfortune of others (granted I did have my own misfortune). Still, could have been worse (pretty much the mantra of my season).

Onto Mosport next, no idea how that's going to go. I don't usually feel great there, but still end up with decent positions, so who knows.

Also, thanks to @Mitti87 for the continued participation in the league, for the great fights over the now 2 years, and for being a great member of the community. It has been a pleasure, and I look forward to your return once the FR3.5 comes out. See you around!

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
knew this was going to happen up front....i am just a very very bad driver :(

q: did poor laps....couldn't find any grips tonight...was on a 58.3 but got 1 corner wrong...but still p10 wasn't too gutted...

r: had a pretty decent start but then i hit some kerbstone in t3 and lost all exit speed so 3 or 4 people overtook me...than some ppl crashed in front and I was really pushing....more and more ppl got it all wrong and I was allready in the gearbox of @Synergi and @Tye again...for some reason ppl were really slow :S ...but i guess it was just me pushing too hard...made a tiny error again in t3 hit the kerb just a tiny bit it unsettled that freaking car and crashed me right into the guardrail...front right suspension gone...very very very annoying cuz it could be an easy cruise to p5 or so...also @Tye what happened m8?? speeding penalty???

nothing to laugh for you guys cuz my twitch stream died...

see ya all in the season finale next week!!!

@Mitti87 well deserved podium for your "final ' race..very good job!! hope to see you around when the fr 3.5 arrives!! good luck in the BSR series!!

also @lokitekki and @Gunar Nijenhuis boring but congratz again :D :p

and offcourse allmost forgot.... @FisiFan91 congratz with the consecutive finish record!! nice job

Last edited:

Dylan Hember

Pro Karter
Jul 26, 2014
Pretty bad race for me. Started near the back and had a good first 6 laps or so, slowly making some overtakes. Went 3 wide into turn 10, had the inside line so managed to come out of that head! Around lap 7 I spun, and that was the start of my loss of talent. Made many errors after, and then on the last lap got DQ! GREAT!

Rendering my race video now, should be up tomorrow. A good watch for the first 6 laps or so!
Thanks

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
It went pretty slow in front of you @Lorrentz simply because me and @Tye were driving side by side and fighting so hard during the first 5 laps. That was pretty fun Tye, shame about how your race ended.

After I had broken free from Tye I was pretty much alone for the rest of the race. Had to fight my muscle memory all the time cause I wanted to use the paddles, but they weren't there anymore so I guess I was just lucky that I managed to avoid spinning. As the race went on I got more and more careful and slower as I had to hold the wheel in a weird way to be able to use the buttons for gearing, so it was getting uncomfortable. Pretty happy about the 5th place which is the best finish I've had since season 1 :)

Btw, gratz podium, I so would have won this with a good wheel, but it wasn't meant to be :D:D

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
It went pretty slow in front of you @Lorrentz simply because me and @Tye were driving side by side and fighting so hard during the first 5 laps. That was pretty fun Tye, shame about how your race ended

Aye that was great fun man how we managed to go 2 wide through some of that is beyond me :rofl: I could just hear Jake screaming "And they're still side by side!" When it became obvious you were quicker i tried to take it easy and not have my usual spin.

@Lorrentz I had my usual spin...:arghh: lost it out of turn12 on lap 23 or something. Hit the wall costing me 6th and the front of my car.

Congrats to the podium and farewell Michael the few times we've got to race eachother were awesome one of the fairest drivers I've had the pleasure to go wheel to wheel with. Hope to see you back racing with us sooner rather than later.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
It went pretty slow in front of you @Lorrentz simply because me and @Tye were driving side by side and fighting so hard during the first 5 laps. That was pretty fun Tye, shame about how your race ended.

After I had broken free from Tye I was pretty much alone for the rest of the race. Had to fight my muscle memory all the time cause I wanted to use the paddles, but they weren't there anymore so I guess I was just lucky that I managed to avoid spinning. As the race went on I got more and more careful and slower as I had to hold the wheel in a weird way to be able to use the buttons for gearing, so it was getting uncomfortable. Pretty happy about the 5th place which is the best finish I've had since season 1 :)

Btw, gratz podium, I so would have won this with a good wheel, but it wasn't meant to be :D:D
yeah well considering you were using buttons for shifting you were doing an awesome job :) i had a g27 once with broker shifters and i couldn't get used to shift with buttons... :D so well done to you

Reactions: Tekesh

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
I think this was the best race for me here. After mid-ohio it was not looking like win was possible because i did not like the track. I was not driving well so i decided to take a leap and not use delta at all so i could just focus on the driving and it seemed to work.
That way it is not easy to know where you can go faster so i was not even trying to get opt times, but it is more satisfying to drive so i have to get used to it.

I am almost up to 7k irating :D 4.5k in this car :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Everything went downhill from there...

Pfff thats horrible guys.... Iracing.....

My race was not fun at all. Happy with 2nd but no excitement what so ever. Jouni had great pace and I couldnt keep up so stopped pushing to not force any mistakes. Basically cruising for 20 Laps. Was watching the last spa race in the SM just before the session opened and I hope for next season Fisi and Phil can come up with some stuff to get that same excitement back. I miss those 12 car trains after 10 laps

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
We need more drivers that have time to practise or choose just the best drivers. At least couple new drivers that would be on winning pace would be good. Reversed grid helps too
It needs something so broadcasters doesn't fall asleep next season :D

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
The best drivers will probably join the new BSR league so if you want to race the best drivers, you need to have a look at that league when it's ready to start. @Mitti87 can tell you more about it.

But I agree that this race wouldn't be the most fun to watch on broadcast :p

Reactions: Patrick Kessler