AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 3: Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 3: Road America

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 3
Round 3: Road America

Information:
Date: 30th September 2016
Time: 19:30 BST/GMT+1 Practice, 20:40 BST/GMT+1 Qualifying, approx 20:55 BST/GMT+1 Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Road America Full Course
Laps: 26 laps
Weather: Dynamic
Time of Day: Afternoon

History:
Last Race Winner: N/A
Pole Position: N/A
Race Lap Record: N/A

Standings:
Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
This track is awesome...really like it! and I finally have some decent pace again around here :)

for everyone who haven't seen it....watch this one back!! even though I only raced three races in that car with AOR I still miss that car....

Reactions: Minimariner

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
This track is awesome...really like it! and I finally have some decent pace again around here :)

for everyone who haven't seen it....watch this one back!! even though I only raced three races in that car with AOR I still miss that car....

Ah yes, back in the days when I had time to practice* and make sick vids :cry:

*still finished 55 seconds off the lead though, but you know...:shy:

Reactions: Minimariner

Krusen

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Damnit, I'm afraid I'll miss this one as well. There's a "launch party" on friday with the client company I'm working for at the moment.

@FisiFan91 @Kptk92

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Because I have just enrolled on a course and paid £600 which I thought would be monthly payments instead of one lump sum, I will have to miss these upcoming races as I pretty much have no more money left.

I think overall I'm missing 5 races on the calendar, but I will be planning to buy one or two tracks and get up to the 8 requirement for the season :p

It's a shame because I actually like Road America.

Teemd_nl

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 6, 2015
I'll be watching this race tonight. Goodluck all. Hope to be back in business when the fr 3.5 championship will take place. Hope Iracing will be releasing the car soon....

checked out my brand new t3pa pro pedals today. A lot of more feeling on the brake pedal. Improved my time on zandvoort from 1.32.3 to 1.31.2 with the optimal being 1.31.0 in the star Mazda. Still like that car a lot more the fr 2.0.

Anyways...goodluck to you all tonight. Hope my brother will do well....

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
guess which **** disabled his audio device and then joined the grid thinking his sound was fixed. Those 5 and a half laps with no sound was the worst experience I've ever had.

end of my patience now

Sorry I didn't take you out either @x Shuffle see you on Horizon pal

• Funny
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
This Race: Nijenhuis - 15, Mittner - 7, Silvasti - 3, Reid - 1
Season Total: Silvasti - 44, Reid - 25, Nijenhuis - 15, Mittner - 14
Total Laps: 98

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I can only apologise greatly to @heuer91 for the contact on lap 1. I thought at the time that it might have been a mix of people ahead of me braking a bit early and me braking a bit late, but looking at the replay afterwards it's completely me just losing focus and braking later than I should have in that situation (this is also why I let you past a few laps later when you came up to me, as I felt bad). Sorry man :(

I still somehow finished the race and undeservedly scored some points.

Reactions: heuer91

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I continue my not being the best at this track run by being not the best at this track. 16/17 incidents again though, so at least there is something to be proud of.

Qualifying was poor. But the first few laps were amazing, and got passed quite a few cars up into 3rd. Had a nice battle with @Mitti87 for a bit before getting a nice lead ahead of him. Made a few mistakes which allowed him and @x Shuffle to get closer, but everything looked really good for a podium to be honest. And then the pit stop happened and I had a repair to do, which I really didn't need to which put me behind Jordan. I got passed (after he let me through) and went on a lap time charge. I knew Michael would be ahead after he pitted, but didn't know how close. He ended up about a second or so ahead, and I set about closing it down... For about half a lap before spinning allowing Jordan through. At this point I hit 16 incidents and so I couldn't push super hard. My lap times weren't too bad at the end, but just off my normal pace enough to not be able to re-challenge for 4th. Oh well, it's a podium that got away, but I never felt super comfortable here anyway.

Imola next which I'll probably be poor at. I also suspect @Gunar Nijenhuis will run away with it if last season is anything to go by.

Congrats to the top 3, Gunar, @lokitekki and Michael. Gap was always very close up front and there were some great side by side moments between the top two as well.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Was really looking forward to this race as it seemed i jad some sort of pace on this track...was a bit gutted with the track temp though...(morning????) but well had to cope with it...did a decent banker lap of 2.03.7xx and improved to 2.03.5xx was on a 2.03.3xx but offtracked...but i was very pleased with p11 on the grid in front of some quick guys...

R: probably one of the most epic races i've had especially on AOR...had some great fun battles with @Patrick Kessler @Tye @J-F Godin and andy cowey... But then i ran a little bit wide on final corner and decided to box since @J-F Godin went in a lap earlier and i was 1 sec behind @Tye so with that compromised exit i wouldnt loose too much....i was pretty much on the limit for pit entry to no have a speeding penalty and then @Christian Koch decided he could use my rear wing as some extra brake power.... So pitstop cost me 30 seconds to get that fixed and i was so mad at that point swearing all over the place and as some frustration amd anger i must have switched off my pit limiter so i had a speeding penalty on exit......so i was completely outraging....decided to take the penalty after two laps but i was serving it as a drive through in stead of holding for 15 seconds in the box...so i had to go again....at that point i was boiling and just killed my car because it was pointless to carry on...

So thank you @Christian Koch Maybe if i get my temper down i wont make an enquiry allthough i really should...I dont want to be that angry jerk in this league again with everybody hating me :) so i probably give you a little credit...

Did twitch again so you can watch the most epic 12 laps from my onboard here..race start abou 1 hour 24 minutes

heuer91

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 28, 2016
I can only apologise greatly to @heuer91 for the contact on lap 1. I thought at the time that it might have been a mix of people ahead of me braking a bit early and me braking a bit late, but looking at the replay afterwards it's completely me just losing focus and braking later than I should have in that situation (this is also why I let you past a few laps later when you came up to me, as I felt bad). Sorry man :(

Don´t worry @FisiFan91. It happend

Don´t worry @FisiFan91. It´s racing and it happend. I also had the problem to find the best breakingpoint at this situation. Let´s look forward to Imola, there we can do it better, if I can go your speed. ;)

• Friendly
Reactions: FisiFan91