AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 3: Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 3: Road America

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Really happy with this win. First lap or 5 were very close battling with Jouni with some great moves from both sides!

After those laps I had formed a very small gap of maybe .9 to 1.2 seconds. THis stayed that way to lap 13 and I pitted on that lap hoping Jouni would continue but he pitted the same lap. Looking back at it, it was probably good that he pitted in the same lap because that meant I had to keep pushing for the 13 laps remaining.

Somehow this worked out!?! I didn't crash? I didn't disconnect? Say what :D

Leister-Meister

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 8, 2014
So thank you @Christian Koch Maybe if i get my temper down i wont make an enquiry allthough i really should...I dont want to be that angry jerk in this league again with everybody hating me :) so i probably give you a little credit...

Did twitch again so you can watch the most epic 12 laps from my onboard here..race start abou 1 hour 24 minutes

Man, @Lorrentz, you should make an extra video, starting from 1:48:20 - that part saved my evening :-D It payed off I stayed here

Osterkamp

4-time AOR iRacing Open Wheel Champion
Premium Member
Mar 15, 2015
My qualifying went surprisingly good. But my race not so much. Got pretty bad first few corners lost a lot of positions and went into the gravel, aswell. I found myself back on p17 or something like that. After that i started my way back and it went pretty good until @Patrick Kessler spun infront of me and ended my race x.x

Reactions: Steve Kagerer

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
hahahahah het moment van de pitlimiter :rofl::rofl::rofl: Ik voel je pijn maar het klonk wel ****ing grappig :D
hahahahahaha ach de pijn was daarvoor al...dat maakte het alleen dubbel pijnlijk aangezien er ondanks die 30 seconden misschien nog wel een top 10 in had gezeten :(

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Patrick Kessler

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 10 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2016
My qualifying went surprisingly good. But my race not so much. Got pretty bad first few corners lost a lot of positions and went into the gravel, aswell. I found myself back on p17 or something like that. After that i started my way back and it went pretty good until @Patrick Kessler spun infront of me and ended my race x.x
Big big sorry to my friend rené...:banghead:

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
This was good race compared to first two, p2 but without Gunar it would have been boring :D
We had very similar pace and both made little mistakes that was keeping that gap around 1s.
This is going to make next races more exiting and i need to think better strategy if i want to beat Gunar :D

Reactions: Steve Kagerer

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Fair to say that I'm over the moon with that.

I had managed about an hours solitary practice prior to the race. This doesn't help though until I am actually following people on track to see where exactly I am losing time. This seemed to be the final corner for me mostly and I didn't have this nailed (nailed in my sense) until the race.

Qualy saw me 21st but not actually too bothered for once about how slow I feel.

The first few laps of the race were absolutely mental. I had a near miss at the first corner which from what I saw in my mirrors, seemed to send @frejo into the gravel. More hell broke out in front of me as people were either going off or battling very hard which allowed me to close up.

@Steve Kagerer seemed to have the pace on me so I allowed him to pass me easier than if we battled and lost time. This then saw me and @VICSALT have a pretty awesome battle for a couple laps before @Robert Plumley had a half spin and manged to hit me with 2 4x without damaging my car at all..... but ended his teammates race in the process. Muppet.

After re-passing Steve I then drove my own race, managed a gap and got a second top 10.

Mental race and those first few laps were incredible.

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Fudged quali, mighthave been a blessing in disguise as instead of defending my ass off for the entire race i was able to make some overtakes.

Qualied 13th but knew i had alot in hand and my long 7th gear would help me on the straights so was still eyeing up a top 10. Got a good enough start and made up a few positions early on with people making mistakes, some opted not to go for a longer 7th gear so i got therun on most people that i was hoping on.

Eventually was sat in 6th with JFG right up my gearbox and Laurens just behind him. I thought if i can back him up and open the door for laurens it would help alot since laurens can be pretty difficult to pass and it worked :) for like half a lap. JFG and Laurens both pit early so i ran out the fuel and when i made my stop i came out 2secs behind JFG :(. Could have stolen 6th back when Jean had a moment in the final corner but i spun in sympathy aswell. Thankfully i had 18 seconds in hand to 8th or Id be settling for another what could have been.

Well done to the podium! See you all in Imola.

Ps @Lorrentz, i know im your team mate and all but that vid is funny, the moment you see the black flag (y):lol: hopefully your luck improves.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Now I'd say my season has started. Was really nowhere in practice until I was on Skype with Waldo and said, "Tbh I think I'm losing time under braking" So then I started braking later on the next lap and jumped from like a 2:07.0 to 2:04.8... so yeah it was nice to work out where I was losing time and be able to react to it.

Race start went well, ended up in a bit of queue and I instantly realised running the shorter gear ratio was a mistake.

Had a spin, dropped back, ended up running around with my Terrapin/Tortoise team-mates. Stuck with @frejo for a while, working together to move forward.

Ended up chasing Odd Jonas Willman towards the end, but couldn't quite catch him.

Got a nice photo though!

Untitled.png

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Fudged quali, mighthave been a blessing in disguise as instead of defending my ass off for the entire race i was able to make some overtakes.

Qualied 13th but knew i had alot in hand and my long 7th gear would help me on the straights so was still eyeing up a top 10. Got a good enough start and made up a few positions early on with people making mistakes, some opted not to go for a longer 7th gear so i got therun on most people that i was hoping on.

Eventually was sat in 6th with JFG right up my gearbox and Laurens just behind him. I thought if i can back him up and open the door for laurens it would help alot since laurens can be pretty difficult to pass and it worked :) for like half a lap. JFG and Laurens both pit early so i ran out the fuel and when i made my stop i came out 2secs behind JFG :(. Could have stolen 6th back when Jean had a moment in the final corner but i spun in sympathy aswell. Thankfully i had 18 seconds in hand to 8th or Id be settling for another what could have been.

Well done to the podium! See you all in Imola.

Ps @Lorrentz, i know im your team mate and all but that vid is funny, the moment you see the black flag (y):lol: hopefully your luck improves.
Hahahha yeah you did a stunning Job holding of jfg so I could keep up with you guys that part of The race was big big fun....and yeah in can imagine The vid is big fun if you aint The vicTim hahahaha I had some dutch swearing going in....it even with that 30 second pitstop it still could have been a top finish position but I was so angry that Christian hit my rear overshot my pit box and then button mashed on my wheel raging The **** out of it....and accidentally hit The pit limiter again arghhhhhh and the doing a drive through in stead of taking a 15 second hold i was Just done with it parked it and raged Lol Luckily you had a strong race again we could.have been p7 and p8 but oh well beter luck next time... cheers buddy

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Is there anyway to see what the fastest laps were yesterday?

Christian Koch

AOR iRacing 2-time Formula Renault 2.0 Champion
Apr 5, 2016
:banghead:
:blackeye:

**** race for me..

And sorry @Lorrentz , i spun in lap 5 or so and hurt my rear wing thinking i lose some pace, but it was quite ok with laptimes;
i planned to pit 2 laps before the inc, where i saw J-F going into the pits and i stayed out; then i wanted to clear my car with going to the pits while u decided to go and i took the wrong decision to follow you.
I trained pit entry so i hoped to gain some time, unfortunately i came in too fast and touched you; totally didn't expect that and also damaged my front wing which maybe upset me too much that i threw it away in lap 16 or so; i guess thats some sort of justice ^^
At least you added some entertainment with your video.

This DNF really did hurt...

Edit: just saw the replay in your vid; yellow pins are a bit into the pit entry, that'll explain the missunderstanding, because you dont have to have the pitspeed directly at the pitentry, but with the pins some more meters into it; which i thought u were aware of.

Grats Gunar for the win and Jouni and Michael for podium!

Last edited:

Steve Kagerer

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2015
Got off to a scary start when going into t1 @Leister-Meister had a "My brake bias is way off" moment, he saved it nicely but I had to lock up a bit to avoid him and @Hoff couldn't avoid me, I think we all got lucky there. Had a nice race going and as Luke said I had some pace finally but I couldn't keep it together and allowed him and @frejo to pass then finally after totally losing it in a self spin I had to drive the Verstappen line to keep @Brinkk behind me, he filled my mirrors so well that I screwed up the final turn, could have been aggressively defensive there but I played it fair and it allowed him to get along side and he passed me, nice racing.

Great run by my teammate! (I should have beaten you man), and congrats to the podium finishers!

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
:banghead:
:blackeye:

**** race for me..

And sorry @Lorrentz , i spun in lap 5 or so and hurt my rear wing thinking i lose some pace, but it was quite ok with laptimes;
i planned to pit 2 laps before the inc, where i saw J-F going into the pits and i stayed out; then i wanted to clear my car with going to the pits while u decided to go and i took the wrong decision to follow you.
I trained pit entry so i hoped to gain some time, unfortunately i came in too fast and touched you; totally didn't expect that and also damaged my front wing which maybe upset me too much that i threw it away in lap 16 or so; i guess thats some sort of justice ^^
At least you added some entertainment with your video.

This DNF really did hurt...

Edit: just saw the replay in your vid; yellow pins are a bit into the pit entry, that'll explain the missunderstanding, because you dont have to have the pitspeed directly at the pitentry, but with the pins some more meters into it; which i thought u were aware of.

Grats Gunar for the win and Jouni and Michael for podium!
Thnx apologies accepted...I didnt practise pit entry so I was a bit carefull cause I didnt want to get a Black flag for speeding since it can cost your race but unfortunately I didnt expect this to happen but well it seems like my tough luck in this league :D Lets roll on imola

Reactions: Patrick Kessler