AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 6: COTA | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 6: COTA

• We are aware of some functionality issues with the forums at present. These are being looked into. Feel free to use the bug reports thread to report any issues you encounter. Thanks! :)

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 3
Round 6: COTA

Information:
Date: 21st October 2016
Time: 19:30 BST/GMT+1 Practice, 20:40 BST/GMT+1 Qualifying, approx 20:55 BST/GMT+1 Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Circuit of the Americas West
Laps: 40 laps
Weather: Dynamic
Time of Day: Morning

History:
Last Race Winner: N/A
Pole Position: N/A
Race Lap Record: N/A

Standings:
Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Christian Koch

AOR iRacing 2-time Formula Renault 2.0 Champion
Apr 5, 2016
Damn
Won't be able to do this race.

With my 2 DNF that hurts; but i won't be the only race i miss, i fear..

Good luck guys

• Informative
Reactions: Kez

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
And as always...Thursday Practise results with @StevieSQ breaking the all time Thursday practise incident record I think??? maybe something for @Minimariner to lookup :D

Tekesh

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 5 Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 11, 2015
I don't think I will make it to the race. During the last race the right paddle on my G27 wheel stopped moving back after I clicked it to change gear, so I had a look and it turns out the plastic that is supposed to push it back has cracked and the plastic for the left one is about to go too.
Haven't had the time to try to fix it, but tbh I'm not even sure how to fix it, as I don't want just a temporary solution and risk it happening again. Superglue sure didn't work. :grumpy:

• Informative
Reactions: Kez

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
0 laps beforehand. About 2 clean laps all practice. Fucked up qualifying. Not even sure what happened before turn 1 (you were invisible to me Stevie I swear), then turn 2 happened, then I changed my front wing, then I tried to claw back time and my computer froze up completely and booted me out. What a total waste of my time.

• Winner
Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Meh.. I had good pace and qualified like 13th or so

I decided to forget about changing to T1 and then got my steering ruined by @VICSALT, gg :( Tiniest of all contacts and then I had bent steering! RIP me.

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
This Race: Silvasti - 40
This Season: Silvasti - 131, Reid - 25, Koch - 19, Nijenhuis - 15, Mittner - 14, Osterkamp - 8, Godin - 2
Total Laps: 214

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Dummy spat and pram kicked over. felt like a punching bag tonight. To get the dsq on the last corner of the last f'ng lap is a kick in the teeth

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
I was having quite a decent race in P4 and then I went one lap too many and ran out of fuel (tried to keep right and keep out of your way Godin on that lap), coasted back into the pits and still salvaged a P5 so I can't complain really.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Qualifying decent. Not great, but good position.

Start was okay. Great battle with @Osterkamp at first until I did my classic half spin which caused René to hit me (sorry for that, could have ruined your race too). I then fell back quite a way, and the car felt a little off. Then I got some damage after a similar incident happened with @camo at T1 where he spun and I tapped him as he was stationary. Very unfortunate. I then had to do a couple more laps to be able to pit and get to the end. Repaired my damage and felt good out there for a bit until I realised I was on 16 incidents and essentially cut my pace down to mid 1:26's. Then I lost it at the final corner and that was race over. Shame but I doubt I was getting too much out of the race anyway. Also had a bit of a battle with @Bruno Domiter and @Leister-Meister which was good fun.

On to Motegi, which I am looking forward to a lot. Should be good.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
0 laps beforehand. About 2 clean laps all practice. ****ed up qualifying. Not even sure what happened before turn 1 (you were invisible to me Stevie I swear), then turn 2 happened, then I changed my front wing, then I tried to claw back time and my computer froze up completely and booted me out. What a total waste of my time.
Pretty much sums up your season so far....#toughluck

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
@Tye i am very sorry both incidents where totally my fault and seeing now that you are DQ´ed i feel really bad for this 8x car contact.

I had two problems in my race. First my new brake pedal is not working as it should. You´ll see it in my video tomorrow. I can not brake in a straightline because everytime i have to brake a little bit harder i am instantly spinning (watch my pit entrance).

My second problem was that i had 16 Inc in Lap 14. Believe it or not a few laps later i spun again because of my brake pedal but the system didnt gave me an incident point. Lol. And to top that again i followed Patrick and Jannick into turn 1 - Jannick spun i went offtrack and again no incident point loool. In the end i nursed it home and very happy with that P8

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well.....that was euhhh interesting....

Q: As allways i pretty much fooked my q laps....should have done at least a 26.3 but knew it was going to be a looooooooooooonnnnggggg exhausting race so wastn to bothered...

R: i had a pretty decent start but i think @Browneskiii was still sleeping so had to go around him...had the inside line in t1 and was behind @xII robo IIx and then i camt remember what happened....got it completely wrong i guess allmost losing it and crashing into the wall but for aome reason i had an epic save and could continue...but i was wayyyy back in the field....then i had to huzzle and chase @VICSALT and @Erti147 and @Robert Plumley and @FisiFan91 but i got tapped around by i think @VICSALT so i had to start all over again lol.....but this time i could overtake everyone eventually...lost a lot of time but still was looking good for a top 10.... Then i was behind @Robert Plumley a d he had some decent pace once i passed him i made a mistake in the penultimate cormer and spun....i decided it was a perfect moment to make my pitsop...obviously i had some damage since the pitstop took 9.3 seconds....after that i just paced and had to keep @Bruno Domiter behind....the gap was around 3 seconds in the beginning and then 5 seconds....and in the final laps he backed off and he was way behind so i decided to do a vettel....setiing my pb lap in the final lap of the race :D p10 i'll take it

Though luck for my teammate @Tye wow that is pretty harsh mate dsq in the final lap...luckily you were a lap ahead so you still got 8th in the end but you should have been 6th i believe good race bud!!

Also well done to @lokitekki @Gunar Nijenhuis and @Osterkamp

See ya @motegi

Race start around 1:24 i guess it was a very eventfull race so lots of actions and overtaking :) especially the one on @Leister-Meister was textbook style