AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 6: COTA | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 6: COTA

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Sorry about that :(
@Tye i am very sorry both incidents where totally my fault and seeing now that you are DQ´ed i feel really bad for this 8x car contact.

Its cool guys I've had a quick soul searching walk down the beach to some real emotional power ballads so I've got my dummy back.

Lee (phone won't let me tag you) our incident wasnt all your fault i locked up trying to defend the inside then slowed too much trying not to overshoot the corner and get the dsq. sorry for the awkwardness and costing you incident points.

@Mitti87 thats fair enough i can accept that, I've been having issues with the brakes round here all week resulting in alot of lock ups and dodgy cornering as well.

Between the incidents between Mitti, Andy and Janick i was up at 14x by lap 9 or 10:hilarious: glad to get this one out of the way.

@Kptk92 @McPhilen @FisiFan91 would it be possible to have the dsq changed to a dnf? seems a bit harsh to fill out a stewards enquiry and request people be punished but still feel like I've been a bit hard done by with some of the incidents tonight.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: FisiFan91

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Race start was crazy, getting so close to contact, being squeezed left and right. I pitted as early as possible cos I thought it was me just driving ****, but turns out I had front wing damage, must have been from that spin where I shat myself cos I though Phil was gonna come back on racing line lol.....So that new front wing felt great, until I spun and lost more time. Racked up 16x by Lap 20, was keeping up half decent pace though.
Got a great out of that one corner after @FisiFan91 basically stopped to let Jean through, what a fanny....he paid his price for being a fanny and I went up teh inside. The gap grew between me n him cos he was shitting his pants more than me about getting DSQ.
Then in the last couple of laps I just slowed it right down to make sure I made it. Decent 12th

Just **** that Fredrik couldn't participate cos of Win10 messing up **** for him ,but the now married man will be back ;)

• Agree
Reactions: FisiFan91

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
My driving was disappointing and I was surprised to still win.
I don't know how much it effects that these races are at night but it definitely does not help me.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
My driving was disappointing and I was surprised to still win.
I don't know how much it effects that these races are at night but it definitely does not help me.
So next season race start will be @3:00 am maybe someone else can win then :D

• Funny
Reactions: Robert Plumley

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@Kptk92 @McPhilen @FisiFan91 would it be possible to have the dsq changed to a dnf? seems a bit harsh to fill out a stewards enquiry and request people be punished but still feel like I've been a bit hard done by with some of the incidents tonight.
Really sorry to see what happened to you - ultimate bad luck! Not sure about this though, purely because last season at some point I tried to be lenient with someone who got DSQ'ed on the last lap due to going off track to let someone through when being lapped, and even though that was only a matter of a couple of points I got called out for it lol, and since then I've been strictly following the guidelines on the incident points regardless of how harsh it might be :nailbiting: If it could be established that everyone else are fine with you getting the points for 8th I wouldn't stand in the way though :unsure:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
For the record, my race was quite annoying as even though I stayed out of trouble and gained positions in the early laps, I was drove pretty badly and frequently picked up off-tracks and also had a spin, which ended up with me having 15 incident points with like half the race to go, so I was driving wayyyy too cautiously from that point as I was shitting my pants every time I was within 2 metres of the white lines. At least I only picked up one more off-track from that point so it worked to get me some points, but it wasn't particularly fun to drive like that.

Motegi is a much better circuit though so looking more forward to next week!

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Really sorry to see what happened to you - ultimate bad luck! Not sure about this though, purely because last season at some point I tried to be lenient with someone who got DSQ'ed on the last lap due to going off track to let someone through when being lapped, and even though that was only a matter of a couple of points I got called out for it lol, and since then I've been strictly following the guidelines on the incident points regardless of how harsh it might be :nailbiting: If it could be established that everyone else are fine with you getting the points for 8th I wouldn't stand in the way though :unsure:
I might not be completely objective since i'm his teammate but hey here's my two cents...

Normally 17 incident points is a dsq period. but this is a little different imo...since tye wasnt lapped by the leaders ppl from 9th and lower couldnt overtake him anymore so nomatter what happened 8th would be his potential lowest finishing spot anyway...considering what happened in the final corner of the race i think he should get 8th...hopefully everyone agrees on this cuz tye deserves it he races very well all season

Cheers guys tooooo infinityyyyy and beyond :D

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Normally 17 incident points is a dsq period. but this is a little different imo...since tye wasnt lapped by the leaders ppl from 9th and lower couldnt overtake him anymore so nomatter what happened 8th would be his potential lowest finishing spot anyway...considering what happened in the final corner of the race i think he should get 8th...hopefully everyone agrees on this cuz tye deserves it he races very well all season
Yeah I get what you're saying and therefore 8th is where he would be if he was just classified as DNF. Tye obviously deserves the points for at least 8th - problem is that being classified as DSQ always puts the driver below everyone else (except other DSQ'ers) if we're sticking to the normal system.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Yeah I get what you're saying and therefore 8th is where he would be if he was just classified as DNF. Tye obviously deserves the points for at least 8th - problem is that being classified as DSQ always puts the driver below everyone else (except other DSQ'ers) if we're sticking to the normal system.
I understand m8 if it was tye offtracking or spinning on his own in The final lap he would be a complete douche and deserves the dsq but in this case it wasnt his bad...so hopefully the community Will vote in his favor on this one #keeptyealive :D

• Funny
Reactions: Tye

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Thats understandable whatever the decision is I'll accept it.

My view of it is i had multiple hits that in my judgement weren't my fault so for most of the race like others i was being ultra careful to not make any mistakes which i didn't. If the guys are happy with me keeping 8th as classified by iracing before the dsq ( as if it was a simple crash at the last corner id have been allowed to cross the line and classify myself) then that would be a huge relief.

If they are not happy with that then i think classifying my as a dnf behind all others who scored points would put me around 15th? with that too id be happy as it means ive not wasted my week :D

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
If I remember correctly Gunar got taken out and DSQed from the lead on the final lap last season at COTA, and we didn't reinstate anything.

It went to the stewards though, so if you want to take something out of it I would put an enquiry in before the 24 hour window is up.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Wasn't feeling it as is more increasingly the case atm.

Got a tap from Kerry on the run up the hill, thankfully it was only a 0x.

Not even sure what happened before turn 1 (you were invisible to me Stevie I swear)
You just kept moving toward me. No harm done.

Got a 4x contact with Christoph I think after T1. Blew any hopes of getting a clean race.

Spent most of the race having a really nice battle with @Krusen, and was subsequently bragging about my amazing defence - so I spun.

Pace mildly improved in the middle part of the race but ultimately couldn't catch back up to Soren, and with 40 seconds + back to Vic, I just cruised and brought it home.

Apart from having a laugh and spinning infront of Tye and Lee when they were lapping me.

Better than expected. I will practice more for the next race. I didn't enjoy being like 1.3 seconds off the next slowest.