AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 7: Motegi | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 7: Motegi

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Picked up a flue during the week...wasnt feeling too great all day but was able to race...unfortunately my concentration hallway through was nowhere made so many mistakes and offtracks but i'll take another consecutive p9

Q: as usual i fooked my first 2 laps...and for some reason i did a pretty decent 3rd lap...and i fooked my 4th again...but i gave me p8 on the grid which wasnt too bad at all...

R: had a good run but @Patrick Kessler had a better run so he could pass me...decided to see if i could stay in his slipstream...but i was making tiny mistakes and lost his gearbox....and i was under heavy pressure from andy cowey and @J-F Godin but andy messed it up after a couple of laps but then @J-F Godin came fast to put some pressure on me....i just ran my laps but there was no consistency and for some reason some corners i had no confidence in the car so i lost a lot of time there....luckily other ppl start making mistakes and i was up in 6th at some point....after the pitstops i was really close to @Osterkamp but i was feeling terrible and had no focus so he could eassily pass me...in the end @Erti147 and @xII robo IIx where putting pressure on me....and i kept making errors and had some sort of half spin so @Erti147 could pass me...tried to hang on his gearbox but i had many offtracks and @xII robo IIx was catching up also....the final 6 or so laps i was on x15 allready so decided to let @xII robo IIx through cuz i didnt want a x4 like @Tye had last week....well p9 in the end managed to stay ahead of @J-F Godin in the end..i'll take that...hopefully mext week i am 100% fit at the beloved oulton park track without that bloody chicane yeahh

Cheers guys

Race start @48 minutes or so...

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Well, qualifying was the same old same old. This time I probably could have had pole. I did a 45.5, but just clipped the inside of the first part of the final chicane and got an off-track. It annoyed me as that should have been pole, but in the end 3rd was pretty good.

Had a great battle with @lokitekki at the start for a few laps, and then eventually got ahead. I started chasing down @Christian Koch to take the lead, which eventually I did. I was then under immense pressure from behind by first Christian, and then Jouni and then the pit stop phase started. Jouni pitted first, which surprised me a bit. I kept on putting in my laps, which were ok, but not really enough pace to beat Jouni. Luckily I think he had a mistake at some point which allowed me to come out ahead when I pitted. I then had to hope that the quicker stop for Christian wouldn't get him close, but unfortunately it did. So now the top 3 were within 1.5-2 seconds of each other. This is when the siege began, and both Jouni and I ended up having a great race. Then lap 32 came and Jouni made a nice move on me to take the lead. I broke too early and probably made it too easy, but it was still a nice move. There was then a little contact on the run up to the next corner which for some reason resulted in a 4x, even though it was the tiniest of touches. Christian had a go down the inside into the sweepers as I couldn't turn in because Jouni was there. Unfortunately for Christian he just slightly touched me and that sent him around. The contact left me on 15x, I then got an off-track soon after to put me on 16, which made the last lap and a half a little cagey, especially as I was still pushing like a madman to catch Jouni. Unfortunately he had way too much pace in the end.

Whilst I was leading I was really hoping that Christian could get involved with Jouni and slow them both down to help me out, but Jouni was just way, way too fast at that stage. Very good win for Jouni. Annoyingly I was really hoping for this one. I even said last week on our stream that I wanted to win this one. I was pretty much as close as I could be.

Anyway, great race. Probably the best one I've had in this car? I can't think of one where I've had an intense battle for the lead... Or an intense battle at all really. Still, fun times.

Next race is Oulton Park. Can't say I'm looking forward to that one too much, but we'll see. It doesn't have the dodgy chicane this time which was my worst corner when we were here last season, so that should help. Hopefully. Good win again Jouni!

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
P4 is great. After the last 3 races i am happy that i am back in the Top 5. Could have been P3 but i spun and lost the time what i needed after Christian spun as well. Hope i can consistently fight for Top 5 now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think its time to let you guys know that i will take a break after the next 4 races (missing the last race). My plan is to get more free time and try out this new BSR Series - i like the idea of this public finale at Sim racing Expo 2017 and i want to visit it next year and maybe i can qualify for the finales :) if not i am going to the Expo anyways. My plan is that i come back to AOR after the 3.5 is out and hope we can race all together again - i expect they release it in S2 2017.

Will write some more things about my time here at AOR in the next weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minimariner

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Start: Terrible - went to the grid, felt unwell, stood up to open the window, turned round and saw 4 red lights, literally jumped into my seat and floored the throttle - got away when the lights went dancing green, just not quickly.

First few laps were fun, tried to recover the ground I lost at the line, pulled quite nice moves on Odd and @Krusen early on. Was hanging on nicely to the Evzo/Plumley/Martinsen train until lap 5 where I spun at turn 3 like a bellend.

Spent most of the first stint battling @Krusen and @Leister-Meister.

Soren lost out through the pit stops so it was pretty much me v Christoph to the end. I ballsed up and let him through, he ballsed up and let me through, with like a lap to go he lost a lot of time, so surely you'd think all I'd have to do is keep on the road and bring it home nice and easy. Wrong, I decided that at the fast left/right, it'd be fun to have a spin on the final lap. Which meant heavily defending from him to the line.

Good fun, but could've been more.

Great job by @Erti147

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Damn! felt like a bloody beyblade last night.

Day started off great only a few tenths slower than jouni. By the time the race came wasnt as fast but still competitive. 1st spin cost me the chance to fight for 4th the 2nd spin was annoying but still in the fight for 6th 3rd spin i have no idea wtf i was doing, kissed the grass over corrected then had to sit and wait for people to pass since I'd decided to spin in the most awkward place on track.

Really sorry @Osterkamp for spinning right infront of you, i was trying my best tp not come flying back in track backwards that i ended up flying back on sideways, fair to say a few skidmarks were made.

Well done to the podium and @Lorrentz for a solid top 10. See you all next week.

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Damn! felt like a bloody beyblade last night.

Day started off great only a few tenths slower than jouni. By the time the race came wasnt as fast but still competitive. 1st spin cost me the chance to fight for 4th the 2nd spin was annoying but still in the fight for 6th 3rd spin i have no idea wtf i was doing, kissed the grass over corrected then had to sit and wait for people to pass since I'd decided to spin in the most awkward place on track.

Really sorry @Osterkamp for spinning right infront of you, i was trying my best tp not come flying back in track backwards that i ended up flying back on sideways, fair to say a few skidmarks were made.

Well done to the podium and @Lorrentz for a solid top 10. See you all next week.
I am sure you Will nail it next week you have top 6 pace all Season so @oulton park you Will score 4th #juststopdoingkerry's :D

• Funny
Reactions: Tye

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
This was harder track than i expected, i had no good feeling when driving and setup was not right so i had to use someone elses setup what was weird but at least the car was not hard to drive.
Now i changed my wheel settings and it made a good improvement on it, so the car does not feel so unstable on corner entry.

It was great race with top 3, i did not want to make risky overtake before the last laps.
I only gived minimum room to Phil and got 4x, but i wanted to make sure that he couldn't stay on the outside line.
My pit entry was slow and then i had to overtake on the next lap, but it was good to stay behind and do the overtake on track.