AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 8: Oulton Park | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 8: Oulton Park

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 3
Round 8: Oulton Park

Information:
Date: 4th November 2016
Time: 19:30 GMT Practice, 20:40 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:55 GMT Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Oulton Park International w/out Brittens
Laps: 42 laps
Weather: Dynamic
Time of Day: Afternoon

History:
Last Race Winner: N/A
Pole Position: N/A
Race Lap Record: N/A

Standings:
Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Please note that the clocks went back in Europe last weekend, therefore the UK is now on GMT. Race nights will commence at 1930 GMT.

I'd also like to thank my sponsors Bungie for their support by including my car in one of their Destiny updates ;)

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Practice Results - You don't even participate in your own sessions Evan, unbelievable.

Sitting there downloading Cod 4 Remastered at 800kb per second might have something to do with it. Taken 4.5 hours to download 10GB and am only half way. Meanwhile I'll play Battlefield and Fifa on the PC for the first time after ditching Xbox couple of years ago. But ffs, nobody plays Fifa on PC...pile of shite

Hope you liked my bedtime story

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
Times are closer than i expected, this can get interesting again.. :D

GenericOverlord

F1 Test Driver
May 26, 2014
If I remember, I'll watch Fisi's stream tonight.

And to give a little update, I definitely won't be partaking in this league for the foreseeable future, had to sell my gear after all.

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Fucking brainless rejoin.

Have a word with yourself.

Leister-Meister

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 8, 2014
Race was quite fun, actually didnt expect that as I don't touch this car all throughout the week except fridays :) - Ended in wall, which i didnt expect by that time as I had found a good rythm. But yeah, see you next week again.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Tye

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Sorry to the guys caught up in mine and brunos incident.

F*cked another race :shifty: spun early on dropping me to 20th got back up to 16th or something then had the tangle with bruno. At the time i was thinking what are you doing man, after looking at the replay i guess you have enough of your car alongside at the point of turn in to claim the inside but tbh mate trying to overtake there after i just got you at the chicane...both our cars were never gonna fit through.

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
This Race: Knowlden - 39, Mittner - 3 (Edit: Thanks Michael!)
This Season: Silvasti - 134, Reid - 45, Knowlden - 39, Koch - 30, Nijenhuis - 15, Mittner - 17, Osterkamp - 8, Godin - 2
Total Laps: 290

Last edited:

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
Lap Leader Stats
This Race: Knowlden - 38, Mittner - 4 (I hope that's right ;) )
This Season: Silvasti - 134, Reid - 45, Knowlden - 38, Koch - 30, Nijenhuis - 15, Mittner - 18, Osterkamp - 8, Godin - 2
Total Laps: 290
39 Knowlden and 3 for me

Reactions: Minimariner

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Well, qualifying was a load of rubbish. Threw away a front row start, and here starting 8th probably isn't the best because it is just so tight here.

Race start was great, jumped @Osterkamp at T1, and then was able to pull a nice move on @Mitti87 into the chicane, and then at the end of the lap, @camo had a wobble out of the final corner and I was able to pass him so I had gained 3 positions in just the opening lap which felt great.

After that it was a case of defending for a bit from Andy, and also trying to catch up to the guys ahead. I couldn't really do that until @Kptk92 starting having really good battles with @lokitekki which helped (although, at this point it had been happening a lot anyway, but now it was serious business and was helping us behind). The top 5 got within 3 seconds each other. But as soon as I came close, I made a half spin at the final corner so decided to pit early and see if I could gain any time back. I think after the pitstop phase,Kerry got a good jump, @J-F Godin had had an issue at some point and fell quite far back and Michael had caught up to me. We both got close as he was exiting the pits as I hadn't seen him there so I almost drove into him, but luckily noticed and... Well, didn't.

The end of the race was mad for me. Once again I had managed to get myself to 16 incidents, and with 12 laps to go, it was always going to be a struggle to fend of Michael. We had some great side by side moments lap after lap. Constantly he would have a faster run out of the hairpin, and also out of the final corner. 5 times we were side by side through T1 and 3 or 4 times into the chicane, which had me on edge due to the incident limit. Lap 33 was especially close into the chicane but was brilliant, as was that whole fight. Great race Michael!

3rd is great after starting from 8th. Definitely helped by both Jean and Jouni having their own mistakes, but I'm still mostly happy with how I drove. I think up until I started getting a few too silly errors I was driving about as well as I could, but then I was on a downward trend for a while. The last 10/12 laps of the race were great though defending for so long with no incident buffer. Anything wrong and it was curtains and it was brilliant.

Onto the Glen next. That'll be interesting in cars that don't slip stream from about a mile back. Also, grats to Kerry on the win. Does wonders for Aperture Motorsport.