AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 8: Oulton Park | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 8: Oulton Park

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Had like 15 laps practice of getting comfortable with a setup, was 25th in practice, but I love sandbagging

Qualied somewhere around 15th, maintained that and hanged with the midfield train for a while. A couple of people made mistakes infront of me, along with a good move around the outside of the chicane on Bruno - up to 12th. There was that incident behind me with Luke, Tye n Bruno which gave me a buffer. Stayed out until 2 laps of fuel left, and came out with a 23 second gap. Last 14 laps or whatever, I could relax. Well earned 12th place

Also finished with the least amount of incidents out of everyone for like the first time ever in history. Still waiting for that 0x race lol

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
A race to forget for infinity racing cuz both cars went to infinity and mever came back...

Q: for some reason i did a banker in lap 1 this time without offtracking...lap 2 i fooked up turn 1 and took it slow....lap 3 i was trying but fucked 1 corner and did about the same laptime as lap 1 and in lap 4 i was on for a 26.1 but i fooked the corner after the chicane but oh well p11 wasnt too bad since this was going to be a longggggggggg 42 lap race....

R: pretty much nailed the start and could ovetake @Synergi on the outside of turn 1 so i was in 10th behind my teammate @Tye in front of him it was @Osterkamp who really seemed to struggle withnracepace and straightline speed....so after 2 or 3 laps after tye passed him i tried to overtake him around the outside in the chicane but i completely missed my braking point so i did a max/rosberg/hamilton amd wemt through the grass...but unfortunately this game does have automatic stewards so i got the slow down penalty...amd since also @Tye spun in the next corner i lost 3 places to @Patrick Kessler @xII robo IIx and @x Shuffle but still was t too bad since my car was in one piece and i could follow these guys fairly easy...decided to hamg around 0.5 to 0.8 sexonds behind @xII robo IIx but after a few laps it seemed that @Patrick Kessler dropped the pace a bit and @x Shuffle was really putting some pressure on him....so in lap 9 we all had a real good run from the hairpin towards the chicane and i was 0.2 behind @xII robo IIx But since i am one of the late brakers i allways catch up quiet some space in the braking zone....but i wasnt really expecting them to brake that hard....so i got caught and i smashed into @xII robo IIx his car....sorry about that m8 hope your car was still fine after that....my car was totally wasted my right fw endplate was pointing towards heaven and i couldnt steer....lost loads off time but the pit windows was still closed so i had to go to at least lap 12...everyone overtook me and i also went off track hard into the jouni/fisi kink... After lap 12 i pitted but the car never felt the same as before i could only do 27.3 to 27.8 laptimes in stead of some 26.6 to 27.0...since i got a million offtracks withnthat bend wing i was on x15 by lap 18....when trying to catch @StevieSQ i finally got my x17 and got dsq....

Race to forget...game on watkins where i scored my best race result on iracing so far...in the SM..

Race start around 1 hour 23

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
Again i don't seem to get a good lap in quali and get to the right mood in these races, but i still had a little pace advantage.
I did not want to do anything risky with Kerry because that laguna race but maybe i should have because he was on the limit with defending. Looked like it was hard to do anything with outside line.
That incident was stupid because i did not want to take a risk and slowed down too much to not crash Vittorio so then i was mad that Christian made easy overtake because of that.
Drivers that are over 2s off the pace is not good for this league.

It would be nice if more of you would be in those sunday high sof races, because there is more relaxed racing and it would be more fun.

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
Well thats a very stupid statement. You can not expect everyone driving the same pace as you do. And without "slower" drivers there is no league think about that. Or want you drive every week with 10 people just for you having more relaxed time at the front?

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
No but less slow drivers: more fast drivers.
There is two splits in f1 2016, but in this there is no limit that who can get to the races.
Basically someone can buy iracing and come to practise to these races.

• Funny
Reactions: Mitti87

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
No but less slow drivers: more fast drivers.
There is two splits in f1 2016, but in this there is no limit that who can get to the races.
Basically someone can buy iracing and come to practise to these races.
Thats ridicoulus. I am not sure if you are serious now. Almost every race you complain about your Q and R pace but with drop weeks applied you are 50!! points ahead. So whats going on? Apart from Imola and Oulton you finished in P1 or P2. So dont search for a problem where there is none. And stop with this complaining when you dominating almost every race because thats not really funny imo.

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
Vittorio might not be the fastest but he is the complete opposite of "not good for this league"!
He did 77 races already and without such loyal drivers this league wouldn't even exist!!
Show some respect dude...

@Kptk92 awesome job mate, well done! Hopefully this'll give you some mojo back

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
So I qualified P18 with my first lap in the 1:26's (luckily less than 2 seconds off the pace, phew ;)). Half a tenth faster and I would have been P15, but oh well! Dropped a position off the start and wasn't really able to make much ground up, so I decided to make it more interesting by understeering myself off the track and put myself nearly at the back of the field.

This is how close I came to ruining my "races completed in a row" streak:

Then I had a bit of battling here and there, especially with @StevieSQ, until I decided to try to jump him by pitting earlier... which didn't quite work out, thanks to my pit guy hiding behind a wall right at the start of the pit lane meaning I didn't see him at all and essentially did a drive through penalty instead...

So I had to go in the pits again, this time actually stopping in the box, but the drive through had cost me too much time and I wasn't able to catch back up to @StevieSQ in the end. So P17 - not a great race for me, but at least I finished, which I am not too confident of doing around Watkins Glen next week considering I failed to finish ALL of the 3 races we had there in the Star Mazda... :nailbiting:

• Funny
Reactions: Tekesh

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
In fairness to Jouni, the rejoin was pretty silly and completely avoidable. I came out of pit exit and called out to Vic to be mindful, he did so by just diving straight onto the grass! I was expecting maybe a lift or a touch on the brakes to let me by, he certainly went above and beyond to let me by but that contributed to the other incident for 2nd.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Well that was a frustrating race, honestly.

I felt really good here, quite comfortable with the track, and other than the usual issues with the brakes here, I felt competitive. And I still qualified outside the top 20. That was annoying.

Race started well, got passed @Robert Plumley early on, and then thought I'd have a crack at @FisiFan91 . Tried to be ambitious into the chicane, I definitely out-braked him, unfortunately I also out-braked myself, and ended up having to cut the corner and lost time doing so.

Not much really happened after that. Bit of defending against @Nathaniel Simpson and @FisiFan91. Then after the boss give himself a drive-through, mainly as a punishment for being behind me in the first place, I just drove around and tried to get it to the end.

I had @Lorrentz catching me, and if I kept at my personal best I might have had a shot at holding him off. Well... with a bit of defending too.

He got DSQ'd, which meant I was bored. Had an opportunity to have a fight with @Krusen when he spun 1/2 laps to go but I was never really going to have him as he had better pace.

The main excitement, and what really woke me up came with just 2 corners to go. I let @Kptk92 through, so I didn't have to do another lap. Then in a move I wasn't expecting, he then heavily braked before the line and had I not practically pulled an emergency stop, I'd have either hit him, or had to do another lap. In hindsight, it was a risk because I'd kind of forgotten about @FisiFan91 catching me up.

Yeah, pace - not bad.
race - had it's moments but overall rather uneventful.

Reactions: Nathaniel Simpson

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014

It would be nice if more of you would be in those sunday high sof races, because there is more relaxed racing and it would be more fun.
You know Jouni, I used to be 3 seconds off the pace in Season 1 of our Star Mazda championships, now am down to less than 1.5 seconds off. Your statement is still pretty offensive to me and my fellow comrades.

Those SOF races by the way are full of big-headed pricks where there is an element of surprise when they crash into each other. So if you want a relaxing time feel free to do your shitty SOF race where there isn't someone 2 seconds slower than you (there actually always is) and have some fun.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The 2s thing holds no merit when only 1 driver was over 2s off the pace last night based on qualifying.

Speed has no relation to on-track driving standards, awareness and/or the chances of making a mistake.