AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 8: Oulton Park | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 8: Oulton Park

GenericOverlord

F1 Test Driver
May 26, 2014
While I raced I didn't care about the pace of my fellow drivers. What mattered to me more was whether I was happy with my pace and driving standards.

I'd much rather have drivers in the league who were slow and safe than fast and dangerous.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I have no idea what you're talking about. Well there was that one time where I was out of control... but that wasn't moving in the braking zone, I would argue I was crashing in the braking zone. :angelic:
Disgraceful imo ;)

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
Yes it was ok Kerry, it was going to be a challenge to overtake, just like i was with Phil in motegi.
I hope it would be similar race in mid-ohio.

Mitti, it is not very satisfying to win if others are so slow that i can be 0.5s off the pace and still win, but this race was going to be exiting so it was disappointing to end like that.

Gunar i don't think 50% dnf rate is good, but i have respect when i see good driving on track or letting pass without dangerous moments.

Christian Koch

AOR iRacing 2-time Formula Renault 2.0 Champion
Apr 5, 2016
And you think my pass on you was not safe?

What disturbs me a bit is, that i got touched and nearly lost my race, but there was no excuse; manners do matter, even in this very disgraceful world of today.

People should also be not judged by their speed, but by their behaviour, which is very great for all the guys being lapped for most of the time; there may develop situations which are dangerous, but that is the salt, the butter and the bread of a private league; One has to deal with it, no matter on which side you're on.

Last edited:

lokitekki

Aug 13, 2016
I did pay the price for it and you gained a position, so sorry for that.
Your laptimes were pretty good so damage was minimal.
I have bad memories with lapped cars, so it gets to my nerves more than anything.. It is realistic that i lose some time with them, but some just slow down in a place that i need to be very careful to not end my race. Most of the guys here seem to be fair and let pass easily.
I try no manage myself better in the future.

Reactions: Leister-Meister

Leister-Meister

GP2 Test Driver
Dec 8, 2014
I'm fine with being 2 secs off - in fact the only reason why I am still here is because I just won't dump the rest of my remaining pride by simply withdrawing cowardly mid-season although my (never existing) love to the car nearly dissolved completely throughout the last weeks. Saying that, I am pretty much sure I won't join for another FR season.

Concerning SOFs, ...it seems like you misunderstood why most drivers of this league race in the league, I guess. They simply don't care about SOFs respectively avoid them on purpose to let SOF-prone guys run their SOFs. Just MHO, I could be wrong either.

Core of the group race together now for nearly two years if I am not mistaken, all the others who joined later and stayed perfectly added to the group, which is the key fun factor of a working league - grown rivalry, drama,... not simply coming out of nowhere. These dynamics still exist even in the back of the field - hell, how embarrassing it was to realize that I cant catch @Erti147 anymore lol *btw, great job you are doing lately* ... @Lorrentz , who joined for constant finish in top 5 LOL ... @Bruno Domiter who always has potential to create stunning moments around him, @Patrick Kessler who always just answers YES on the team radio although he hadn't understood a word but then later talks back in swiss, which is pretty much useless or just not understandable ...me, pretending I had a good race although I again smashed the car against some walls ...I could go on nearly endlessly

As I am sure it is not the first time you joined a private league @lokitekki you can imagine that this is just a short excerpt of what was and still is going on here and you will realize that therefore there will be no discussion about slow/off-pace aso.

Taking things not seriously is what eventually could be discussed but actually I don't see anybody who does not take it seriously. (referring to some guys who actually never had raced or even practiced the car before but fulfilled the requirements and joined ...but never showed up again).

Last edited:

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
I'm fine with being 2 secs off - in fact the only reason why I am still here is because I just won't dump the rest of my remaining pride by simply withdrawing cowardly mid-season although my (never existing) love to the car nearly dissolved completely throughout the last weeks. Saying that, I am pretty much sure I won't join for another FR season.

Concerning SOFs, ...it seems like you misunderstood why most drivers of this league race in the league, I guess. They simply don't care about SOFs respectively avoid them on purpose to let SOF-prone guys run their SOFs. Just MHO, I could be wrong either.

Core of the group race together now for nearly two years if I am not mistaken, all the others who joined later and stayed perfectly added to the group, which is the key fun factor of a working league - grown rivalry, drama,... not simply coming out of nowhere. These dynamics still exist even in the back of the field - hell, how embarrassing it was to realize that I cant catch @Erti147 anymore lol *btw, great job you are doing lately* ... @Lorrentz , who joined for constant finish in top 5 LOL ... @Bruno Domiter who always has potential to create stunning moments around him, @Patrick Kessler who always just answers YES on the team radio although he hadn't understood a word but then later talks back in swiss, which is pretty much useless or just not understandable ...me, pretending I had a good race although I again smashed the car against some walls ...I could go on nearly endlessly

As I am sure it is not the first time you joined a private league @lokitekki you can imagine that this is just a short excerpt of what was and still is going on here and you will realize that therefore there will be no discussion about slow/off-pace aso.

Taking things not seriously is what eventually could be discussed but actually I don't see anybody who does not take it seriously. (referring to some guys who actually never had raced or even practiced the car before but fulfilled the requirements and joined ...but never showed up again).
Hahhahaha yeah joined for top 5 stayed for top 12 lol :D

But besides all that aor is still the best league on the internet....i joined the 2k world cup last season and i cannot believe i have even paid for that bullshit...as that should be fantastic driving because the so called sof racing....but what a load of crap that was allways a safety car in lap 1 because of the idiotic crashes...and also compared to the official races during the week this is a million times better in terms of driving standards...yes i had some difficulty's in the beginning with a lot of lap 1 bs going on but the last season and this season that has pretty much disappeared...also the lapped cars in this league behave 1 million times better than in the official races...most ppl here race against each other for 8 seasons now and since we have competetiveness throughout the whole field its good for everyone to have some fun...so game on :D

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Mitti, it is not very satisfying to win if others are so slow that i can be 0.5s off the pace and still win
Well then that's just your ego getting in the way. I was in the same position in project cars season 1 (when there was more than 1 split as well btw) and while it wasn't as fun as being in a battle with others, it's still satisfying to beat others who are on form and doing well. If you think you're too good for this league instead of saying the "slow" people should go, why don't you go? If I wasn't starting a new job and putting more hours in that and studying and playing other games at the same time which are more enjoyable than this shitty car then I probably wouldn't be 2 seconds off the pace (granted I haven't shown up for most of the season but that's a different story).
The fact that you called out a 50% dnf rate or something just proves how loyal Vittorio is, he may have lapses in concentration and **** up (as does everyone) but it's easy to get demotivated by just the one dnf.
You have absolutely no right to call out slower people when this isn't even a professional league and it's for fun..

lokitekki

Aug 13, 2016
This is not a bad car, it just needs practise. I used to be second off the pace but with a lot of work it is possible to get better.
I have an advantage with equipment so it is not fair to say others are worse than me, but i did expect Gunar to have the same pace and it is close. Others are good in quali but missing tenth or two in the race.
I still haven't get used to driving so late at night, so i haven't yet maximised my driving.
I use opt delta so i can see that am i driving well or not. To be 0.5s off in quali is bad when there is 4 laps to do it.

There has been fun races and maybe i should start the last race from last place so it should be a lot of fun. :D
At least there is no sr and irating to worry about.

Patrick Kessler

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 10 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2016
I could write now .... yes yes yes ... ;) but a little english I already understand ...
I share the opinion of browneski to 100%. And I have a great respect for people like vittorio. Jouni, maybe you are a little faster than us but I think: a real champion is not only fast, a champion also has character. I hope I have not offended anyone. :angelic: Maybe I also only understood the half ... :) love greetings from switzerland...

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
The very moment my hate for Lewis Hamilton originated

"Hamilton described some of these drivers as ‘the monkeys at the back’ last season and that went down like a cup of cold sick."

I'll just leave this here Jouni.

Reactions: Patrick Kessler