AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 9: Watkins Glen | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S3 - Round 9: Watkins Glen

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship Season 3
Round 9: Watkins Glen

Information:
Date: 11th November 2016
Time: 19:30 GMT Practice, 20:40 GMT Qualifying, approx 20:55 GMT Race

Remember to let us know in advance if you are unable to attend the race!

Circuit:
Track: Watkins Glen International Classic Boot
Laps: 30 laps
Weather: Dynamic
Time of Day: Afternoon

History:
Last Race Winner: N/A
Pole Position: N/A
Race Lap Record: N/A

Standings:
Drivers Championship

Teams Championship

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
Wont be racing this week chaps. Apologies and have a good race!

• Informative
Reactions: Kez

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Better late than never.....thursday practise results....it looks like it probably will be a Jouni/Gunar battle again....allthough @Synergi his wheel definetly seems to be fixed :D

Reactions: Minimariner

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
it looks like it probably will be a Jouni/Gunar battle again....
Well haha, looking at the amount of time Jouni spend on track the last 3 days, he'll probably battle nobody :p

But you know, I already beat him this week so he can have this one :hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Patrick Kessler

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
We visited Watkins Glen 3 times here in AOR and everytime i was involved in a crash. This week i did 3 official Races at Watkins Glen and i never finished on the lead lap. and lost 220 iRating. So i am asking myself what will happen tonight:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Gunar Nijenhuis

F1 1st Driver
Sep 2, 2015
After a quick hospital check they released me without any injuries.
Alt-f4'd out of it because I probably would have ended upside down on the track.

I didn't feel comfortable at all today with the track, every lap was a struggle... Couldn't keep up with Chris, well done mate! (Wrote this before Kerry overtook you and you spun :p )

Like I said above, you need to spend at least the same amount of time as Jouni to be able to beat him and even then you only have a very small chance.

Last edited:

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
Lap Leader Stats
This Race: Silvasti - 29, Knowlden - 1
This Season: Silvasti - 163, Reid - 45, Knowlden - 40, Koch - 30, Mittner - 17, Nijenhuis - 15, Osterkamp - 8, Godin - 2
Total Laps: 320

Reactions: Lorrentz

Mitti87

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2014
84 races and today it was the first time that i finished in P10. Crazy :). Thats all i have to say becuase race was a disaster. My early pit stop didnt work and then i had minor front wing damage which costed me 0,8 - 1sec/lap. :banghead:

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
4/4 crashes at Watkins Glen. Really dislike this track.

Qualifying was pretty awful really, 9th is not great.

The race wasn't much better, was fighting for 6th (which based on the results could have been a fight for the podium), but ruined it by decided that continuing the crashing streak was more important than a good result. I stand by my decision though, as it meant less laps of the track, which is always a good thing.

Anyway, next race is next! So, I'll do some racing then!

Reactions: Gunar Nijenhuis

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Pitted pretty early after beg in the fight with Fis and Fred....was sling shotting with Christoph but we weren't really getting anywhere. Then I disconnected for first time in ages....would have been with Fis and Fred once they pitted. Got back in and got back up to 18th so salvage some point in the fight with @FisiFan91 , though I've taken a drop week so that give me and extra couple of points advantage
Also what were the rules on getting incidents after the race? @Kptk92 Cos otherwise that would have been my first ever 0x race

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Didnt do much practise around here so had no clue on ra e fuel just started with 6.6 gallons and see where the ship hits the wall :D

Q: wasnt expecting to be as high as in practise so p14 or 15 cant remember it was fine...

R: had a really good run and @Osterkamp had a real slow start so i overtook him on the straight allready and then i tried to take it carefully around the outside...when i wanted to rejoin the track @Osterkamp left me nowhere to go...so i had to hit the grass or bail out...decided to the some sort of both lol...lost a lot of speed on that run on the first straight so ppl flew by...luckily i could hang it around the outside and then the inside with @heuer91 so i still was in the same place i started i guess..hanging on @Tye his back...and then a really cool battle unfolded with @Patrick Kessler @Tye @xII robo IIx and me...in the end patrick could sneak away and @Tye lost it in turn 9.... Then i gave @xII robo IIx a run for his money and eventually he spun out at turn 9 as well...really hate that corner myself i took it very carefully all race :) after that it was pretty boring since @Patrick Kessler was 4.5 seconds up the road...i catched him to 3.5 seconds but then i messed up my pitstop...overshot the lollypop man...backed and overshot it again lol...so unfortunately that probably cost me a shot on @Mitti87 in the end i was catching him but i was too far away allready...but well p11 i'll take it...next week mid ohio which i really like...was running very well there last time out but got spanked a couple of times :D see ya guys next week

Race start around 1 hour 23/24 i guess