AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Pre-Season/Test Round | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Pre-Season/Test Round

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Which track (of the 3) should we use for the pre-season event?

• Imola

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Nurburgring GP

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Road Atlanta

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Yep, so as you can probably guess, it'll be Road Atlanta. It's probably a good choice as most people know that circuit by now. Looking forward to seeing you guys there tonight!
I know the walls for sure there.:)

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Yep, so as you can probably guess, it'll be Road Atlanta. It's probably a good choice as most people know that circuit by now. Looking forward to seeing you guys there tonight!
Already did some 5'ish laps there yesterday on the rift cuz I was guessing this was going to be the track...so I am well prepared for T1 :D LOL

see ya tonight guys!

Reactions: McPhilen

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Sent a PM to everyone who has signed up so far with some practical info regarding tonight (and future sessions).

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
2nd session is up. 10 mins practice time to get in.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
1st race was pretty fun, had some decent battling with @Robert Plumley (until I lost it on the grass), @StevieSQ & @Hoff (until I somehow gained 14s on you in the pits). 6th place was decent.

2nd race was fun - for 1.8 laps, until mine & @Lorrentz' cars decided to attract each other. Not really sure what happened tbh, we both kinda merged towards the middle of the track going over the hill. Think a few people got caught up, so that's a shame. @Hoff winning & @StevieSQ on the podium though clearly means the format is broken and we need a change immediately ;) But nah, well done guys.

Reactions: UrBaNz Octane x

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Thank god its a pre-season race. So pissed off with myself for making so many mistakes at my best track on iRacing

Luke out for @Hoff this season though eh

• Funny
Reactions: The Genius

Lorrentz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
1st race was pretty fun, had some decent battling with @Robert Plumley (until I lost it on the grass), @StevieSQ & @Hoff (until I somehow gained 14s on you in the pits). 6th place was decent.

2nd race was fun - for 1.8 laps, until mine & @Lorrentz' cars decided to attract each other. Not really sure what happened tbh, we both kinda merged towards the middle of the track going over the hill. Think a few people got caught up, so that's a shame. @Hoff winning & @StevieSQ on the podium though clearly means the format is broken and we need a change immediately ;) But nah, well done guys.
had fun....

Q: was surprisingly nice lap...was on a 18.4 but lost a bit in the last sector...but still p2 was pretty awesome :D

R1: didnt have the pace from the line it took me some laps to finally got up to speed...once i got it i had some pretty awesome battles with @UrBaNz Octane x and @McPhilen but with all that battling going on we lost quite a lot of time to the guys in front...eventually even @Robert Plumley caught up...and when we arrived in the pit window I completely lost my orientation when robert pitted hahaha so i crashed just straight ahead on the penultimate corner LOL lost at least 20 seconds there...so got overtaken by the loot....in the end @Robert Plumley messed up so I could have a nice little battle in the end with him....I overtook him in the last lap on the final corner...lol but i regretted it I should have finished behind him to get p3 on the grid...

R2: was really tricky to not crash in the first corners but managed to get through....then i got a slow run on the straight and cars were passing like I stood still LOL....fisi had some weird exit through the chicane so my exit speed was a lot higher...went for the inside but I think I had to take it a little bit more tight cuz he steered into me...crashed and then @J-F Godin couldnt avoid and crashed into my back...sorry :( well taht was race over with a damaged right rear suspension...

but I had fun :) congratz @Hoff nicely done! and also @StevieSQ well done m8! :)

I twitched but I only installed OBS 3 minutes before session start so Its a bit weird and not full screen have to look @ it over the week...

race start around 1 hour 7 minutes:

p.s. @FisiFan91 @McPhilen shall I contact that broadcast guy so I get it sorted for next week???

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I'm going to die multiple times with this setup... And I'm looking forward to all of it.

Also, grats to @Synergi on the feature win, and @Hoff and @StevieSQ on the sprint win/podium. I can see some freak (apologies) results happening like that in the season.

On top of this, sometime early next week I should put up a 'driver briefing' of sorts, outlining all the things that have changed that you may not have noticed, as well as some things not actually announced (nothing major, just little bits and pieces), so look out for that.

Luke out for @Hoff
I'm almost certain this is a ban-able offence.

Reactions: Lorrentz and Hoff

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
@StevieSQ & @Hoff (until I somehow gained 14s on you in the pits). 6th place was decent.
Yes. This was annoying. Clearly you pitted at 920mph.

Nah I think I took too much fuel, and made a slight mistake on my outlap, so I lost quite a bit of time.

@Hoff and @StevieSQ on the sprint win/podium. I can see some freak (apologies) results happening like that in the season.
Thanks man. <3

Bear in mind really there should be another 10 drivers on the grid. And I don't think @Hoff will object to this, both he and I drove perfectly, we didn't put a foot wrong. I did the sprint race as fast as I could and to the best of my ability. I'm not suggesting that those on the front row for race 2 have podium spots reserved, but with half decent pace and no mistakes, there's a very real possibility that good results may become the norm.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Personal highlight of the broadcast.

"Stevie Chambers is on pole position. I mean you might want to make that a ringtone or something. Stevie Chambers is on pole." (y)

• Funny
Reactions: Lorrentz