AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Pre-Season/Test Round | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Pre-Season/Test Round

Which track (of the 3) should we use for the pre-season event?

• Imola

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Nurburgring GP

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Road Atlanta

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
A shame I missed the pre-season test broadcast, but just watched it and it looks very promising! Will get better over time and with help to take the load off, so looking forward to seeing it in action during the season. Liking the graphics and I liked Kerry's commentary for the couple Pro Mazda Race Coverages he did so happy that he'll be doing these as well. Good work (y)
Maybe if there isn't much action and there's pauses in commentary, you could fill it up with some stats (no? okay I'll be quiet) ;)

Also great to see the new format making it all exciting. The sprint race was awesome to watch. Can't wait for the season to get underway!
Sad to see Pace Car at the bottom of the field, was hoping he'd do better but oh well, didn't help himself by not qualifying... or driving at all for that matter

Congrats to those on the podiums!

Reactions: Lorrentz

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
@Kptk92 How was it for you then? :wtf:
Pretty fun for me! I need to see if I can use my laptop as a second screen because I would really be able to utilise the graphics much better and viewers not seeing me use the UI and alt-tabbing out at times.

Commentary-wise I think it was solid enough but difficult to run the show on my own. Probably a symptom though of a spread out race but maybe it would be different with 30 cars instead of 15.

@Minimariner I would be very grateful for some weekly stats!

Hoff

FR2.0 S4 Pre-Season Sprint Race Winner
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2014
@Kptk92, I had an idea while watching. If a high level incident happens (Gunnar and Phil come together after a battle for example) you could interview them on the spot in a private channel within iRacing to get their view on it.

Probably not something that could be considered immediately but would be pretty cool. The only problem I can think of it is the actual organising of this mid-race.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Pretty fun for me! I need to see if I can use my laptop as a second screen because I would really be able to utilise the graphics much better and viewers not seeing me use the UI and alt-tabbing out at times.

Commentary-wise I think it was solid enough but difficult to run the show on my own. Probably a symptom though of a spread out race but maybe it would be different with 30 cars instead of 15.

@Minimariner I would be very grateful for some weekly stats!
Wait does this mean you actually want to do this now? :eek:

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
If I'm completely honest, I wouldn't count on me. One of the reasons I backed out of the league was to free up some time, and not give myself more stuff to do. It would be a pretty big commitment to do 3 months again, especially in a role that isn't actually driving. Plus there are a few questions over whether I can get myself a second screen which would allow me to make full use of the graphic overlays and if somebody wants to jump in and co-commentate with me - and if that's the case then logistically how would that work as well, as they would surely need an iRacing subscription and only one of us (me) would be seeing what the 'world feed' is seeing.

The fact that I only decided to try and set a stream up about 45 minutes before the races started kind of shows my motivation to this. I wanted to try it out and see how it worked, and while I had fun with it I'm sitting here at the moment thinking that you could get a better deal elsewhere.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
If I'm completely honest, I wouldn't count on me. One of the reasons I backed out of the league was to free up some time, and not give myself more stuff to do. It would be a pretty big commitment to do 3 months again, especially in a role that isn't actually driving. Plus there are a few questions over whether I can get myself a second screen which would allow me to make full use of the graphic overlays and if somebody wants to jump in and co-commentate with me - and if that's the case then logistically how would that work as well, as they would surely need an iRacing subscription and only one of us (me) would be seeing what the 'world feed' is seeing.

The fact that I only decided to try and set a stream up about 45 minutes before the races started kind of shows my motivation to this. I wanted to try it out and see how it worked, and while I had fun with it I'm sitting here at the moment thinking that you could get a better deal elsewhere.
Booooo :)

Let's hope the 'elsewhere' option gets back to us soon.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
If the new Pro Mazda thing had been released would we be using that rather than the FR?