AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 12: Road America | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 12: Road America

Mark Forte

Pro Karter
Oct 9, 2016
Hey Guys first Congrats to all who raced this season I really enjoyed the races I competed in finally last night at road America I managed a half decent pace was gutted not to take part in the sprint tech fault I was the only one that appeared on the grid ???? Which was a double blow because I was on row 2 well done to Jerome Kweeekel on the championship very well deserved. Can't wait for sign ups for next season

Reactions: xOwnage133

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Hey Guys first Congrats to all who raced this season I really enjoyed the races I competed in finally last night at road America I managed a half decent pace was gutted not to take part in the sprint tech fault I was the only one that appeared on the grid ???? Which was a double blow because I was on row 2 well done to Jerome Kweeekel on the championship very well deserved. Can't wait for sign ups for next season
Do you have chat disabled inside of iRacing, as I was constantly telling everyone, over both voice and text chat, to join the second session that we had set up as the first one had an issue. Either way, it's good to see you are looking forward to next season! :)

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I think I developed a @Ycoms issue as I pretty much also have a good race and also a not good one lol. Silverstone, Motegi and Road America were the highlights of my season, even if they didn't all go well :b

Oh and congrats to Team FisiFlap14791 :b
[DOUBLEPOST=1488621930][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like Jeroen showed his inner Vettel because that driving was bad, you can't do wheel banging in iracing.
Watch 29:38 from the broadcast and it says a lot.
Make a stewards enquiry if you feel it was bad driving. I agree that it was but I'm not a steward so you'll have to leave it up to the official officials.

Last edited:

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I'm disappointed to have stacked it on lap 1 in the feature race, but other than that I was pleased with how my night went. The recovery was decent and the sprint race went better than expected too.

On reflection this has been a season of progress for me, particularly in the closing weeks. I've been able to find a balance and patience in my driving that isn't putting the car over the limit as much as it used to. I don't quite have the ultimate pace of the frontrunners but I'm not far behind, but it means victory opportunities are even more limited for me because I'm finishing high up in the feature races and so I'm being placed around the quick guys at the back for the start of the sprints. The target next season will have to be placing myself consistently in the top 5 and challenging for podiums.

I have no regrets about my decision to leave at the end of last season, but ultimately I'm glad to have come back. I think I just really needed the break as it is pretty intense with the lack of time off we do have. The new race format has really worked and revitalised the league but I still can't believe after all of the racing and carnage the top 2 were separated by the tiniest of margins in the standings. Definitely one of our best title fights and congratz to @xOwnage133 on stealing the crown right at the death.

Reactions: Tye and xOwnage133

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Not a bad way to see out the season. Great battles and fun in the feature race until I did a scary lock up and got all out of shape.

Sprint race was mega fun until Sara reverse spin kicked me in the face and broke my nose.

Shoutout to @Robert Plumley, @FisiFan91 who I've seemed to spend most of season racing against and/or crashing into.

Things what I did:
- Got my first laps lead, (as did 90% of the grid) which was fun until... yeah.
- Got my first top ten finish (9th at the Sebring Sprint race)
- Got my new highest finish in the feature race (11th at TWMotegi)
- Fought for the lead
- Died fighting for the lead
- Died by Fisi's hand.
- Didn't Die at Brands when everyone died.
- Helped my team finish 12th in the Team's standings.
- Secured a top 20 in the Driver's standings.
- Held the fastest lap of the race... for one lap. (Lap 2 at Road America Sprint!)
- Had some good fun battles.
- Held up @UrBaNz Octane x as much as possible.

Here's some picture that I like:
2017-03-04 14-03-45_0.png

Fighting Fisi in the Sprint race at Sebring.

2017-03-04 14-02-26_0.png

Mr. Plumley pulling a Ricciardo dummy switch on me at Sebring. A lot happened at Sebring.

2017-03-04 13-44-30_0.png

Me and @The Genius, having a bantz in front of Kerry.

2017-03-04 13-49-36_0.png

Team Tortoise and Terrapin (-Fredrik) go side by side by side (ish) for the final team as kinda Team-mates

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Not a bad way to see out the season. Great battles and fun in the feature race until I did a scary lock up and got all out of shape.

Sprint race was mega fun until Sara reverse spin kicked me in the face and broke my nose.

Shoutout to @Robert Plumley, @FisiFan91 who I've seemed to spend most of season racing against and/or crashing into.

Things what I did:
- Got my first laps lead, (as did 90% of the grid) which was fun until... yeah.
- Got my first top ten finish (9th at the Sebring Sprint race)
- Got my new highest finish in the feature race (11th at TWMotegi)
- Fought for the lead
- Died fighting for the lead
- Died by Fisi's hand.
- Didn't Die at Brands when everyone died.
- Helped my team finish 12th in the Team's standings.
- Secured a top 20 in the Driver's standings.
- Held the fastest lap of the race... for one lap. (Lap 2 at Road America Sprint!)
- Had some good fun battles.
- Held up @UrBaNz Octane x as much as possible.

Here's some picture that I like:
View attachment 18402
Fighting Fisi in the Sprint race at Sebring.

View attachment 18403
Mr. Plumley pulling a Ricciardo dummy switch on me at Sebring. A lot happened at Sebring.

View attachment 18404
Me and @The Genius, having a bantz in front of Kerry.

View attachment 18406
Team Tortoise and Terrapin (-Fredrik) go side by side by side (ish) for the final team as kinda Team-mates
I will have less trips next season. Let us finish higher than 12th.;)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Stevie

Minimariner

AOR iRacing Statman
Premium Member
May 18, 2016
After a few issues (as pointed out by Fisi below), finally sorted out the Championship battle graph. You'll notice the points gap was even smaller than we first thought. Only 1 point :nailbiting:

Note: Red = Drop Week | White = Did Not Participate

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Soooooo, it turns out that the championship standings posted last night were indeed only provisional.

Because I was forced to add the drivers in manually last night due to iRacing causing an error with the auto-add script, I didn't add anything into the boxes for incident points. This made the table think that all drivers who finished in both races last night performed a 0x incident race and therefore added an extra point for each. So due to this you'll notice on the final table that some drivers have 1 or 2 points less than on the one posted yesterday.

This should be the correct final standings:

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Fredrik went away from his PC during warm up for the sprint race and missed the start- he comes back like "there was no warm up?" am like "aye there was ya fanny" then he's like "I'm going to bed speak to you Wednesday"? I'm like "YOU'RE JUST LEAVING? NOT STICKING AROUND FOR A FINAL PARADE LAP AS TEAM TORTOISE?" He just laughs and says goodnight

What a cock...............I'll have a proper post out about the Tortoise story later this week but as for last night it was pretty successful. Fighting with Phil and Kerry for a bit in the feature - beat Adam in both races, classic.

And well done to changed man @xOwnage133 on the title....I'd be gutted to have lost it by 1 point like Jouni...but I'll never be in that position :)

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
I got more points from feature races than sprint races.... go figure :b

BenScott4

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 8, 2017