AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 3: Okayama | ApexOnlineRacing.com

AOR Formula Renault 2.0 Championship S4 - Round 3: Okayama

Jarnoh

Formula 3 Test Driver
May 13, 2015
Haf a descent quali and should have been a first point finish but got my car wrecked in the turn 2 incident......missed thet great close midfield fight as i lost 2 secs a lap. unlucky evening and a bit frustrating. On to brands hatch!

What a race btw watching the broadcast. Great entertainment lads :)

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
@FisiFan91 I just noticed that Fredrik has cloned himself in the standings table after this round, two of him means twice as many points, right? :b

SF Schumri

Formula Karter
Apr 14, 2014
Lesson 1 of your driving license : how did you extract of these situation?

A : Called a friend "Hello @FisiFan91 "
B : search Phil Reid for a crash (it's not lap one but doesn't matter :D )
C : Remember Maldonado's meme
D : Fucking hell how it is possible to park your car like that?

That the story of my night xD! Anyway that could be better next time. I had a good pace but do to much mistakes :)!

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Just finished watching @FisiFan91 stream, going to watch the GSRC later today, have to say I'm very curious as to what happened to those behind you at lap 1 turn 1 in the feature, but the sprint race was probably mental in comparison if the live timings was anything to go by.

Though you shouldn't be to disappointed Fisi as you were partly responsible for making something happen that I thought I'd never see in this series in a million years:
A Fisi & Plums front row - for me that was priceless(y)
While it great to see you lead Fisi, it was also great to see the Plums get the lead.

However probably the most shocking revelation during your stream was @McPhilen claiming to be able to eat soup with a fork!:jawdrop::wtf::wacky:
That's a supernatural talent you've got right there:notworthy:, for the rest of us mere mortals this always happens:

• Funny
Reactions: Minimariner

lokitekki

AOR iRacing FR2.0 Season 3 Champion
Aug 13, 2016
To be honest i was too eager in the sprint race so i saw a change to pass many cars but then got boxed in.
There was a tiny gap where i was aiming but it got shut down. I was probably expecting to get some room by being so close, but it only got worse. Not sure but it looked like we both steered a tiny bit towards eachother :/

First race was intense. I was pretty bad behind other cars but Gunar was so fast that it would of been pointless to overtake at that point. I was thinking about undercut but there was too much risk to end up in traffic. Overcut did work but it was little risky because fuel was low, car started to cut fuel even before the pitlane.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Pretty bad night for me as well. I didn't enjoy this track in before hand, but was still counting on some good points as I found quite a bit of pace on race day. Was pretty much under no pressure in the feature race, unchallenged in P12, couldn't keep up with the guys in front and the others were already 6-7 seconds behind. Spun round about L12 in the corner after the hairpin, didn't hit the wall initially, but then I made the worst attempt of flicking the car around on the track and went straight into it. Too much damage to continue sadly.
Sprint race was very short. A big sorry to @Steve Kagerer, completely understeered into you on L2 into the hairpin, locked up and couldn't slow down in time. Fell further down and had a slight contact with @VICSALT which spat me off the track into the wall (not sure what happened exactly). Eventually already had over 10 inc pts once I had to pit for damage and got another 1 or 2 off-tracks, it didn't really matter as I was over 20 seconds behind the next car.
Need to forget this quickly, Brands Hatch is definitely a much better track. :) Have a good night everyone and until 2017!

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Well, slightly mixed feelings from last night.

It's the first track in a really long time where both @The Genius felt quick, and after our usual qualifying blunders felt we may be able to move a bit forward in the race.

Feature race lasted approximately 30 seconds for me. I know mistakes happen, but the incident that triggered turn 2 on the first lap was really clumsy driving and ended up with 5 cars out and at least another 5 with damage. I had nowhere to go, damaging my front wing, then got punted in the rear and lost my rear wing. I got squashed between @RyanL83 and someone else. Once freed I tried to get round to the pits but I had damaged Front right suspension too so I got towed. Great shame with me practically out and Waldo with a front wing so bent you could slide down it.

I got repaired and went back out, reverse grid was out of the question, but I hoped a few others would hit issues and I could get a few extra positions for race 2. Finished 25th, so I spent 37 minutes or so to get 3 places. Really disappointing.

Sprint race went far better, had some great battles in a race where we didn't all die on lap 1, so to go from 25th to 14th was really good. 14th seems to be my favourite spot this season.

Shout-out to @Janick Nijenhuis, really good fun in the sprint race, if it indeed become a little optimistic at some points. Hard racing though, but fair throughout. Beat him overall though ;)

Have a great new year folks. (y)

2016-12-31_11-22-58.jpg

2016-12-31_11-25-37.jpg

2016-12-31_11-27-07.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lorrentz

Steve Kagerer

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2015
Damaged in both races, had arm cramps from doing things I am too out-of-shape to be doing, car not working at all like in solo practice with same conditions, bailed out of sprint race before the hatred took me to the dark side.

Tye

GP2 Test Driver
Jun 26, 2015
Finally!!!! After all those races, all those dnfs I've finally got a podium!!! :D:D:D

Both races were great fun which was a nice surprise, been hating this track all week and really wasnt expecting much.

Race1 had an awesome battle with @J-F Godin for 9th. We'd went side by side a couple of times jostling for position was great fun. @Patrick Kessler always seemed that little bit out of reach but wpuld drop back now and again to tease us with 8th. On the 2nd to last lap i lost 9th to Jean thanks to the worst behaviour I've seen from backmarkers yet.
@Steve Kagerer and @RyanL83 what the hell were yous doing? you guys weren't even fighting for points and yous held me up for about 2 laps not checked my replay yet but I'm pretty sure I remember 1 of you defending against me into turn 1 and then cost me over 1.5 secs and the place to JFG on the 2nd last lap.

Race2 was alot better, great clean racing up front had some interesting moments with probably everyone in the top 10. Can't believe i worked my way to 2nd, i was thinking of defending against Hugo but thought id best let him go incase Andy finds a way to slip through. 3rd secured, victory dance, sesh starts now.

Congrats to the podium in race 1 and to JFG and Hugo in the 2nd.
Happy new year lads.

SaeidJ

GP2 1st Driver
Feb 11, 2016
Just to point out that the feature race incident I got tagged when Janick was not turning left for the corner and went straight into turn 2 tagging my rear tire and then my car causing the carnage.

Janick Nijenhuis

Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2015
Well, slightly mixed feelings from last night.

It's the first track in a really long time where both @The Genius felt quick, and after our usual qualifying blunders felt we may be able to move a bit forward in the race.

Feature race lasted approximately 30 seconds for me. I know mistakes happen, but the incident that triggered turn 2 on the first lap was really clumsy driving and ended up with 5 cars out and at least another 5 with damage. I had nowhere to go, damaging my front wing, then got punted in the rear and lost my rear wing. I got squashed between @RyanL83 and someone else. Once freed I tried to get round to the pits but I had damaged Front right suspension too so I got towed. Great shame with me practically out and Waldo with a front wing so bent you could slide down it.

I got repaired and went back out, reverse grid was out of the question, but I hoped a few others would hit issues and I could get a few extra positions for race 2. Finished 25th, so I spent 37 minutes or so to get 3 places. Really disappointing.

Sprint race went far better, had some great battles in a race where we didn't all die on lap 1, so to go from 25th to 14th was really good. 14th seems to be my favourite spot this season.

Shout-out to @Janick Nijenhuis, really good fun in the sprint race, if it indeed become a little optimistic at some points. Hard racing though, but fair throughout. Beat him overall though ;)

Have a great new year folks. (y)

View attachment 16305
View attachment 16304
View attachment 16303
Yes, was a great sprint race with good fights!! Next time I will do my utmost best to beat you...
We kept eachother in life so that is a good point.

Steve Kagerer

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2015
TYE, I let you by as soon as you were behind me as I always do with lead lap cars. I knew the guy behind me was holding you up but what am I supposed to do let him pass me so he stops blocking you?

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

WHO WINS? YOU DECIDE!

There is a right answer.